Rated 4 out of 5 by SeanTO Weekend in Downtown Toronto
My wife and I decided to spend a weekend in downtown Toronto. Here's my thought on the stay overall
1) I got upgraded to a "Parlor suite" it's a large room, but with no wall or separation between sleeping/lounging area.
2) This hotel has a club lounge, but I asked for the complimentary breakfast as my platinum amenity. I had invited my in-laws to join my wife and I for brunch. Previously we had the brunch at the BnB restaurant on site. They only offer the complimentary breakfast in the club lounge, but the gentleman gave me 2 vouchers for the breakfast buffet in the restaurant.
3) Club Lounge evening snacks were really great. The selection was excellent, plentiful, and the staff seemed really cheerful and helpful.
1) I had to call in advance and ask for the upgrade. I hate calling and asking if I was upgraded.
2) The brunch/breakfast buffet at BnB is really lousy. There's a short list of what's included for the $28 price, and the only protein is scrambled eggs. Made to order eggs or omelettes are an extra charge. No fish of any kind or smoked salmon. I felt that it was a lousy value for the money and had I known, I would have simply gone somewhere else. The manager did end up reversing the charges for the brunch, which was nice but not necessary. I would have preferred having a high quality brunch and paying for it which I've come to expect from this type of property.
1) The club lounge breakfast could be seriously upgraded by simply adding every other day a choice of hot menu item. Many other lounges I've been to often will offer scrambled eggs or pancakes, or french toast.
2) If you're a category 4 property with a full service restaurant; you're weekend brunch should be full of selection and priced to match. I feel the buffet needs a real refresh to bring it back up to standard.
September 20, 2016
Rated 4 out of 5 by mpatrick32 Pleasant Labor Day weekend stay
This was the first time I stayed at a SPG property in Toronto. I was very pleased with my stay.
I had a premium room with double beds which had a gorgeous view of Toronto city hall and the plaza in front of it. I only had one minor issue with the water temperature for the shower. After a quick call to the front desk, they sent someone up immediately and fixed it.
The bedding was very soft and comfortable. My only suggestion would be slightly firmer pillows.
The hotel had a lot to offer as far as amenities. There were several restaurants in the lobby area and a few stores for shopping. There was an outdoor pool and hot tub.
The hotel is centrally located in downtown Toronto, which allowed me to be able to walk almost anywhere I needed to go.
I would definitely stay here again in my future Toronto travels.
September 6, 2016
Rated 5 out of 5 by Mhau Family First
Family Stay was spectacular
Feeling " home away from home"
Thanks so much for the exceptional Front Desk Team , Maridel, Lily, and Tina, bell desk attendants both names were George and the 2 Filipina Housekeeping attendants.
You have wonderful & friendly staffs at the Sheraton Hotel.
They had provided truly exceptional service throughout our entire stay.
September 6, 2016
Rated 5 out of 5 by AugustaSteph American businesswoman recommends this hotel/center
I attended a conference and also stayed at the Sheraton. Both personal and business accommodations were exceptional. I did not dine at any of the hotel restaurants, though, as the conference provided lunch (the mushroom soup was fabulous) and I ventured out into Toronto for my dinner choices.
I encountered one small hiccup on my last day. One of my suitcases was overlooked when valet helped me with them, so it got left behind at the hotel. No problem! I called the Sheraton (from the airport when I realized this error) and they paid for a taxi to bring my suitcase to me at the airport! They were super prompt!
August 26, 2016
Rated 5 out of 5 by Broooooookeas Did not want to leave!
Marc at the Front Desk was wonderful, he was so polite and positive, he made us feel very welcome :)
There was a lady at concierge, we asked which elevators to take to our room and she sent us to the wrong elevators. We spent about 20 minutes finding our room, that was a little frustrating.
The bed was so comfortable we never wanted to leave it. The cabana room had a great patio with access to the pool. Room service was great, I should have asked the man his name he was very friendly and helpful :)
Overall great experience.
Restaurant could add more options for dinner though, our choices seemed slim and we almost went elsewhere to eat.
August 24, 2016
Rated 5 out of 5 by katchke An Excellent Hotel
Check-in and check-out were efficient, room was excellent ,paking was easy and staff friendly and helpful. I recommend highly this hotel..
August 23, 2016
Rated 4 out of 5 by intheindustry Great hotel in a great location
Hotel is in a perfect location within downtown Toronto. The rooms are clean and spacious.
The restaurant has very poor service and the buffet breakfast leaves much to be desired. The valet does not have enough people working to handle the volume during check out.
August 22, 2016
Rated 4 out of 5 by Alex4445 Birthday Night
I came from Niagara Falls with my girlfriend to celebrate my birthday august 14th, and have been a sheraton employee for many years. The room we entered had quite a bit of blood on the first piece of toilet paper my girlfriend grabbed when she went to the washroom, and then the pieces to follow had trickles of blood on it as well. We were very grossed out as I have heard phenomenal things about this hotel and was very disappointed. I also stay at many sheratons all over the world and expected more, as well as having blood in the bed on the pillows. I figured the housekeeper had injured herself however It was odd to me that she was aware she was bleeding all over the room and didn't notify anyone to inspect it after she was finished. From being in the hospitality industry for over 15 years, It should be known that if you're responsible for guest cleanliness, the housekeep should have realized that they may have been her blood on items she touched upon cleaning that unit. We notified from desk right away and the head housekeeper managed to get us a different room thankfully. I appreciated the customer service at that point however it took about an hour to sort out this issue upon our arrival. Due to this mishap, We had to move our dinner reservations for a later time in which they didn't have available. So for my birthday, I was unable to eat at my favourite restaurant because of this hotel room mishap. I was very disappointed to say the least. Our new room was fine however the air conditioning seemingly wasn't up to its capacity and the shower tub was rather dirtier than i expected. WE decided just to enjoy ourselves and there was no attempt to contact hotel staff for these issues, because I did not want to spend my birthday evening dealing with cleanliness issues. On the contrary, we were thankful for Marc at the front desk, her was very informative and offered us complimentary wine for my birthday. In the future, I will be choosing another sheraton property for my stay in toronto.
August 17, 2016