Rated 2 out of 5 by JRP04 Room for Improvement
A very good location but the facility did not meet expectations.
1. We were arriving late so I called ahead of time and asked if we could have sheets available for the sleeper sofa. I was told it was "not possible" because they didn't have access to the room (???)
2. The lock on the door was not mounted properly and was falling off - held by one screw
3. The room was recently renovated but housekeeping had not thoroughly cleaned it. There was dust on many things, likely left from the construction.
4. The shower was slow to drain and the water pressure was low.
5. Modling was broken off the bathroom counter
6. No shampoo and just one bottle of water in the room.
7. The Club Room was nice but we had to walk around the fans placed to cool the room off.
None of these severely impacted our stay but a number of little things add up and leave a negative impression.
April 13, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by BukuCat1 Amazing Staff
The staff went above and beyond my expectations. The water near the elevators was a highlight as well.
April 13, 2014
Rated 4 out of 5 by Lahainagal2014 The staff is very responsive to guests
I found room service to be very responsive to my needs and requests and must commend guest services for sending security immediately when there was an attempted intrusion into my room by college students partying in the hall outside my door. Security was firm but not abusive and the situation was well in control once they arrived. My only negative comment regarding responsiveness would be to my report of a leaking window during rains that left a 2'X1' area of carpet completely soaked for nearly 12 hours.
April 8, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by Nini60 Hotel Location was Grand!
Downtown Sheraton was located in the midst of shopping malls, stadium, restaurants, etc. We were able to walk to these sites and explore to our heart's content. We didn't have to utilize the taxi to get us places. We were able to watch the Indiana Pacers play and it was within walking distance. Places like the CVC Pharmacy was around the corner for any necessary items that we needed. AND, also a Starbucks coffee shop was within the hotel which made it very convenient to have our bold coffee every morning and tea in the afternoons. Thanks.
April 7, 2014
Rated 3 out of 5 by Shyamk Not up to my expectations
Stayed at the property for two weeks over last four weeks.
1) The SPG green points not credited to my account after repeated reminders.
2) The card reader from the car garages does not work properly. You need to swipe several times and pray.
3) Checking out was painful. I was charged for parking when I should not have been charged. After going down to reception at checkout the charges were taken out.
4) I called from the room ans asked reception if they had any laptop chargers that I can borrow. I was told to come down to see which adapter from several lost & found adapters they had. When I went down immediately with my laptop, to my surprise they did not have single charger.
5) The breakfast for SPG guests is OK, they could improve it.
6) The in-house restaurant serves sub-par food for both breakfast and dinner. I would recommend guests to avoid the in-house restaurant.
7) As a SPG platinum, I was upgraded to a better room once. The upgraded rooms are larger which is nice but the quality of the furnishings is below-par.
8) Having a Starbucks attached to the hotel is a big plus.
April 9, 2014
Rated 3 out of 5 by cltsmtt Love hotel, stay often, not happy with latest stay
We stay here everytime we come to Indy. Generally this is a great place to stay. However, apparently the outdated AC system does not work in mild temperatures. Our room never went below 75, and reached 80 for much of the evening. In addition, our bathtub drained very slowly...nearly filling to the rim.
April 8, 2014
Rated 2 out of 5 by WarmGuest No A/C in rooms
The hotel was fine except for one major thing... the A/C was not working in the rooms. Meeting rooms had A/C and were nice. The temp in regular room was between 76 and 79 the entire time.
April 7, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by wm55 Good location for a Conference
I attended a national conference at this hotel; found the accommodations and the staff to be excellent. The hotel was within easy walking distance of business services and shopping. The hotel restaurant's food was very good, with some unique selections at each meal. I had opportunity to receive service from the front-desk personnel and they were cordial and ready to assist.
April 5, 2014