Rated 2 out of 5 by Charliebeast SPG guests need to have different treatment!
I've stayed in this hotel during July7th until July 9th. As a Gold SPG member I requested my room upgrade. The upgrade was to put me in the SPG floor which I would have received even if I'm not a Gold member. SPG floors are reserved for SPG guests no matter the category. Anyway, the next morning I talked to a manager at the hotel about the upgrade and the possibility to put me in the club floor so me and my mom can have breakfast. With an incredible arrogance she responded that I had to pay for breakfast and that I was not entitled to an upgrade.
I asked if there would be another possibility to pay for breakfast and her answer was "None".
Obviously I didn't pay for breakfast. When I arrived later at hotel, and entered the room, I find out that the clean up was not completed. Used glasses where still dirty and the towels where not changed. Besides, the air conditioning was off therefore the room had some humidity. All of these deficiencies are unacceptable for a five star hotel.
Now as I review my SPG account I find out that the hotel has credited only one night and not two. Even though I paid and stayed two nights. I don't know what happened but I expect to be contacted by the hotel directly.
July 10, 2016
Rated 1 out of 5 by rarrara Very Disappointed.
I am travelling Sao Paulo for business. I just checked in.
The front said This is not My Room which was supposed to be ready as I arrived at 12pm earlier than 3pm I expected.
I said OK cause I trusted Sheraton.
But my trust turned out to be so much wrong.
- Very Small Room : guess smaller or almost same size as New York.
- No Bathtub : It's a sheraton, but just unknown business hotel.
- Literarly, Corridor from the door to bed is functioning like Toilet and Shower Booth.
- No Coffee/Tea : They have only Coffee Pot. No Starbucks nor even instant coffee nor tea pack. This is the first experience for me. Sheraton provide no coffee, only coffee ordered by room service.
- Room Description says living area. Where is living area? None.
- Not Clean Cups, outdated bed cover and No Mug cup.
- No Bath Robe and No Sleepers. Maybe I need to request them.
And Problem is this hotel is the only SPG hotel in Sao Paulo. Very Disappointed.
June 6, 2016
Rated 2 out of 5 by Laurie1313 Needs renovation
I love Starwood, but this one Sheraton property is not up to standards. It has an old feeling, the carpets in the hall are dirty, the executive lounge is seedy looking, nothing is modern, and it is not a place where you walk into and say, "Wow". The staff is quite helpful though so that's obviously good, but this is not a place that has any feeling of luxury. The rooms are very clean though, and the beds are definitely comfortable as always. The most elegant mall with most of the major designers such as Hermes, Gucci, Chanel, Prada, etc is minutes away, so that is a big plus.
May 30, 2016
Rated 2 out of 5 by Justin87 No Hot or Warm Warm Water
In comparison to other SPG hotels this hotel falls below my expectation as I did not have any hot or warm water in my hotel room on the last day of my stay. When politely mentioned to the front desk that the hot water was not working in my room upon check out that day, the response I received from them was disrespectful as I was told “we know.” No apology was given as the staff appeared annoyed to be informed the hot water was not working that morning.
May 20, 2016
Rated 5 out of 5 by JTsInLov3 Luxurious Biz Hotel
Phenomenal for our one night layover in Sao Paulo. Location wise, it's far from the airport but the facilities made it worthwhile.
April 6, 2016
Rated 1 out of 5 by felix20 not recommended. terribal hotel.
terrible hotel. unfriendly staff. not serviced as price.
didn't follow guest's requests quickly.
April 3, 2016
Rated 1 out of 5 by awxm Terrible property. Avoid.
Some thoughts on this property
1. The property supposedly participates in Green Choice, but they never gave out any vouchers throughout the stay (despite them consistently saying they would send the vouchers to my room). In the end I was told they had run out, but were tracking the nights on their side. Surprise surprise, the points they credited me were only half the points I was entitled to for turning down housekeeping
2. Power went off for 2.5 hours one night leading to no lights or air conditioning.
3. Breakfast is the same every day. No variety and limited spread
4. SPG points did not automatically post. Had to write in to them to get them to do it
March 31, 2016
Rated 3 out of 5 by BizTrav123456789 Overall Good
+ Location: in the safe & developed side of Sao Paulo
+ Staff: Positive and responsive
- Inside decoration: Quite old, definitely requires renovation
March 4, 2016