Rated 1 out of 5 by rarrara Very Disappointed.
I am travelling Sao Paulo for business. I just checked in.
The front said This is not My Room which was supposed to be ready as I arrived at 12pm earlier than 3pm I expected.
I said OK cause I trusted Sheraton.
But my trust turned out to be so much wrong.
- Very Small Room : guess smaller or almost same size as New York.
- No Bathtub : It's a sheraton, but just unknown business hotel.
- Literarly, Corridor from the door to bed is functioning like Toilet and Shower Booth.
- No Coffee/Tea : They have only Coffee Pot. No Starbucks nor even instant coffee nor tea pack. This is the first experience for me. Sheraton provide no coffee, only coffee ordered by room service.
- Room Description says living area. Where is living area? None.
- Not Clean Cups, outdated bed cover and No Mug cup.
- No Bath Robe and No Sleepers. Maybe I need to request them.
And Problem is this hotel is the only SPG hotel in Sao Paulo. Very Disappointed.
June 6, 2016
Rated 2 out of 5 by Laurie1313 Needs renovation
I love Starwood, but this one Sheraton property is not up to standards. It has an old feeling, the carpets in the hall are dirty, the executive lounge is seedy looking, nothing is modern, and it is not a place where you walk into and say, "Wow". The staff is quite helpful though so that's obviously good, but this is not a place that has any feeling of luxury. The rooms are very clean though, and the beds are definitely comfortable as always. The most elegant mall with most of the major designers such as Hermes, Gucci, Chanel, Prada, etc is minutes away, so that is a big plus.
May 30, 2016
Rated 2 out of 5 by Justin87 No Hot or Warm Warm Water
In comparison to other SPG hotels this hotel falls below my expectation as I did not have any hot or warm water in my hotel room on the last day of my stay. When politely mentioned to the front desk that the hot water was not working in my room upon check out that day, the response I received from them was disrespectful as I was told “we know.” No apology was given as the staff appeared annoyed to be informed the hot water was not working that morning.
May 20, 2016
Rated 5 out of 5 by JTsInLov3 Luxurious Biz Hotel
Phenomenal for our one night layover in Sao Paulo. Location wise, it's far from the airport but the facilities made it worthwhile.
April 6, 2016
Rated 1 out of 5 by felix20 not recommended. terribal hotel.
terrible hotel. unfriendly staff. not serviced as price.
didn't follow guest's requests quickly.
April 3, 2016
Rated 1 out of 5 by awxm Terrible property. Avoid.
Some thoughts on this property
1. The property supposedly participates in Green Choice, but they never gave out any vouchers throughout the stay (despite them consistently saying they would send the vouchers to my room). In the end I was told they had run out, but were tracking the nights on their side. Surprise surprise, the points they credited me were only half the points I was entitled to for turning down housekeeping
2. Power went off for 2.5 hours one night leading to no lights or air conditioning.
3. Breakfast is the same every day. No variety and limited spread
4. SPG points did not automatically post. Had to write in to them to get them to do it
March 31, 2016
Rated 3 out of 5 by BizTrav123456789 Overall Good
+ Location: in the safe & developed side of Sao Paulo
+ Staff: Positive and responsive
- Inside decoration: Quite old, definitely requires renovation
March 4, 2016
Rated 4 out of 5 by Danaray Possibly more for business guests
We were treated very well on check in (Fernando) and kindly upgraded to the design floor with club privileges. The room itself was spacious but as the walls were dark the room was very dark - only one window with a blind which could not be fully opened. Anyway as always large comfy bed and all the amenities. The open plan toilet is definitely for couples who know one another very well! There was a bank so easy access to safe ATMs and the attached mall had various dining options - the shops were more furniture related so not really for the holiday maker. The pool area was small and had very few loungers which caused quite a bit of consternation with people doing the usual it's mine even though I'm not here but the pool supervisor did remove items. Breakfast was in a nightclub which was odd and the selection was limited but this may have been because it was carnival - I liked that you could have diet coke with breakfast though. We could also access breakfast in the lounge but then one morning it was closed with no explanation or alternative. The design floor lounge was lovely with drinks available all day and a wider selection of drinks in the evening - the staff who manned this were variable in their level of attentiveness but overall it was lovely and peaceful. Snacks were probably below par but this was standard at the other properties we stayed in Brazil. In terms of location Sao Paulo is just so large that getting anywhere takes time and in many places roads are one way so it can be a long way round. It was fairly quick (5 mins) walk to the train station and that linked to the metro so that was good in the daytime but evening it was taxis and they were more expensive than in other cities in Brazil.
2 final plus points - the bellboy (I think Roberto?) had impeccable English and was super helpful and the steaks we had from room service were restaurant quality and excellent.
February 25, 2016