Rated 5 out of 5 by MG1234 Great experience, Good food, clean
Great food at the restaurant and the bar.
Stayed on the 7th floor which was newly renovated and had an amazing view - very clean.
Hotel is located in downtown so alot of places are at walking distance.
Would definitely stay there again.
August 29, 2014
Rated 4 out of 5 by dibdib sheraton in St johns
Great location for this hotel with nice staff to greet you. Rooms and beds are very comfortable and would stay here again. the quality of the breakfast could be improved as could the general knowledge of the concierge.
August 25, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by Travel4Work2014 Very nice rooms, but very dry
I really liked the room I had and the people are very nice and friendly (as all Newfoundlanders) but I was often awaken in the middle of the night as my mouth and throat were too dry. The AC somehow sucks the air dry and it made sleeping difficult (at least for me).
If you suffer from this, please keep that in mind when staying at this hotel. There are some portable humidifier that could be helpfull.
August 23, 2014
Rated 2 out of 5 by unsatisfied11111 disappointing
I've stayed in this hotel a few times and was very disappointed. I had no WiFi in my room and when I complained about it, they said they were having problems. I was there 2 nights and it was not resolved.
The room next door was being cleaned at 11 15 pm which made sleep difficult due to the noise. Special request for no feather bedding due to allergies was not addressed despite it being on reservation and calling ahead to confirm this request. They came after I checked in to remove the feather bedding.
August 15, 2014
Rated 4 out of 5 by Regg the summer of 2014
Excellent hotel with many amenities The courteous staff were very helpful in providing answers to the various requets that we had principally directions and other outside landmarks ..
August 18, 2014
Rated 3 out of 5 by breakfastshouldbefree Great housekeeping, not so great guest services staff
I called my first morning there to ask if there was continental breakfast for us (whatever was included in the room) and was told to go to the restaurant. we went, sat down and after we ate we were presented with a over $40 meal for two of us.....defninlty not worth the two slices of bacon andsome fruit that i had consumed. Your staff need to be able to tell people that there is no breakfast included with the hotel room when people call and ask specifically for the breakfast that is included with the room. i'm still a little tiffed that i had to spend over $40 on breakfast at your hotel... no hotle breakfast shoudl cost that much. period.
July 28, 2014
Rated 3 out of 5 by MAJAX Great Beds - Rest Needs Finesse
Great beds, linens and comfort - room service perfectly presented as ordered and right on time. Room with a view on renovated floor as requested so booking also went well. Areas needing improvement are:
- reception/check-in staff (evening)- not friendly at all, very disappointed in the lack of welcome - there was no rush at all the night of our check in but the 1st greeting received was "wait a minute..." and then simply "what's the name the reservation is under" - also no eye contact or small - huge disappointment and poor 1st impression for what should otherwise be a good stay
- air conditioning - we had a nice room with great beds and a good view (nice renovation by the way) but AC unit was so loud at night none of us could get a good solid sleep
- no fridge or security safe in the room - these really ought to be added as it is inconvenient for the guest and suggestive of a lower class of hotel - this was a surprise
- include more than one bar of soap please - hand/face soap needs to be separate
Some important notes:
- morning reception/checkin/out staff was very friendly and eager to assist with anything
- kudos to room service
- friendly housekeeping staff and the room was in great condition thanks to their efforts
- good location
- price is high considering check-in experience on 1st evening, AC noise, and lack of safe/minibar or fridge
- no information on SPG membership type, what it means and any benefits/inclusions on check in.
Once the internal renovations are complete we strongly recommend some exterior renovations to merge the building facade more appropriately to the surrounding area and traditional feel of downtown St. John's. The building's exterior is otherwise an eyesore - we like your great bed's and interior renovation and great location and wish to keep coming back - our comments are only meant to help improve your operation and ensure the Sheraton is always there for us when we need to return.
August 14, 2014
Rated 3 out of 5 by Anduzy This hotel needs renovations
The bathroom was a disaster - old and dirty - not what I expect from a Sheraton. It was the last night of a one week trip in NFLD where we stayed at a variety of Inns and B&Bs, all of which were spotless and comfortable at minimum. It was surprising to be at the Sheraton where despite the room being very well decorated and comfortable and having a great view, the bathroom was a turnoff.
August 8, 2014