Rated 4 out of 5 by Regg the summer of 2014
Excellent hotel with many amenities The courteous staff were very helpful in providing answers to the various requets that we had principally directions and other outside landmarks ..
August 18, 2014
Rated 2 out of 5 by unsatisfied11111 disappointing
I've stayed in this hotel a few times and was very disappointed. I had no WiFi in my room and when I complained about it, they said they were having problems. I was there 2 nights and it was not resolved.
The room next door was being cleaned at 11 15 pm which made sleep difficult due to the noise. Special request for no feather bedding due to allergies was not addressed despite it being on reservation and calling ahead to confirm this request. They came after I checked in to remove the feather bedding.
August 15, 2014
Rated 3 out of 5 by MAJAX Great Beds - Rest Needs Finesse
Great beds, linens and comfort - room service perfectly presented as ordered and right on time. Room with a view on renovated floor as requested so booking also went well. Areas needing improvement are:
- reception/check-in staff (evening)- not friendly at all, very disappointed in the lack of welcome - there was no rush at all the night of our check in but the 1st greeting received was "wait a minute..." and then simply "what's the name the reservation is under" - also no eye contact or small - huge disappointment and poor 1st impression for what should otherwise be a good stay
- air conditioning - we had a nice room with great beds and a good view (nice renovation by the way) but AC unit was so loud at night none of us could get a good solid sleep
- no fridge or security safe in the room - these really ought to be added as it is inconvenient for the guest and suggestive of a lower class of hotel - this was a surprise
- include more than one bar of soap please - hand/face soap needs to be separate
Some important notes:
- morning reception/checkin/out staff was very friendly and eager to assist with anything
- kudos to room service
- friendly housekeeping staff and the room was in great condition thanks to their efforts
- good location
- price is high considering check-in experience on 1st evening, AC noise, and lack of safe/minibar or fridge
- no information on SPG membership type, what it means and any benefits/inclusions on check in.
Once the internal renovations are complete we strongly recommend some exterior renovations to merge the building facade more appropriately to the surrounding area and traditional feel of downtown St. John's. The building's exterior is otherwise an eyesore - we like your great bed's and interior renovation and great location and wish to keep coming back - our comments are only meant to help improve your operation and ensure the Sheraton is always there for us when we need to return.
August 14, 2014
Rated 3 out of 5 by breakfastshouldbefree Great housekeeping, not so great guest services staff
I called my first morning there to ask if there was continental breakfast for us (whatever was included in the room) and was told to go to the restaurant. we went, sat down and after we ate we were presented with a over $40 meal for two of us.....defninlty not worth the two slices of bacon andsome fruit that i had consumed. Your staff need to be able to tell people that there is no breakfast included with the hotel room when people call and ask specifically for the breakfast that is included with the room. i'm still a little tiffed that i had to spend over $40 on breakfast at your hotel... no hotle breakfast shoudl cost that much. period.
July 28, 2014
Rated 3 out of 5 by Anduzy This hotel needs renovations
The bathroom was a disaster - old and dirty - not what I expect from a Sheraton. It was the last night of a one week trip in NFLD where we stayed at a variety of Inns and B&Bs, all of which were spotless and comfortable at minimum. It was surprising to be at the Sheraton where despite the room being very well decorated and comfortable and having a great view, the bathroom was a turnoff.
August 8, 2014
Rated 3 out of 5 by niki7932 St. John"s trip
The front desk almost had me leave the hotel even with a reservation in the system.
The room had dirty carpet.
The toilet was sticking, running until I removed the tank cover, stuck my hand into the mold ladden tank, and reset the discharge valve. For the amont I paid, the stay did not merit it.
August 9, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by Stone280 My favourite hotel in St. John's
I always enjoy returning to this hotel. The harbour view is magnificent. Staff are very friendly and go out of their way to help you.
The Breakfasts were delicious.
Only negative was our dinner meals at the restaurant. Steaks were tough and over cooked. We were both very ill from a fish dinner.
August 9, 2014
Rated 4 out of 5 by mcr24 hotel is a good spot to assist in your st johns holiday
nice hotel. biggest issue with this hotel is the smoking area. right in the way of travel for all guests as they make their way to the front door. gross smell and butts all over the ground. it would be much better if this was moved to the back of the hotel such that smoking is not promoted ahead of guest health and comfort and hotel aesthetics. smaller issue is similar to all shertons: no hotel guide in rooms as is the norm elsewhere.
August 5, 2014