Rated 4 out of 5 by TLS16 Fantastic Place
After reading some reviews regarding the lack of concern on the part of the staff, I was overwhelmed by the cheer and concern shown by every staff person I encountered each day. From the front desk to the servers in our convention dining room, smiles were everywhere. Assistance with WiFi connecting was readily available. The staff was not only generous, but appreciative of my patronage.
September 21, 2016
Rated 5 out of 5 by Magbond Visit with Family
My sister and husband recently moved to Brookfield; so the convenience of The Sheraton was Super! The food and appearance of the Club Lounge have definitely improved from previous stays. A Special Shout out to Kinga, Art, Krista, Rodney and Dan (PBX) for their friendliness and attention to details.
See you again soon...
September 9, 2016
Rated 3 out of 5 by Brad1000000 Good value in easy, suburban locaiton
Yes, this hotel is dated and worn, it's a giant maze, and lots of families stay on weekends to enjoy the indoor-outdoor pool. As a platinum member, however, I was warmly greeted and provided a room on the club level.
I've stayed here several times and the rooms are always pretty nice, no suite is ever provided, but the room is always clean and comfortable. The club lounge is cramped and the food is not great. When I stayed several folks seemed to camp out in there all hours of the day and night to use the computer and printer access. They pretty much trashed the place, too. So, it's better to take the free breakfast perk if you don't need the points, or just forgo a club visit here.
I stay here because the rate is very competitive, especially over weekends.
June 24, 2016
Rated 1 out of 5 by Jim86 It just keeps getting worse.....
That bad feeling you get when you walk into a hotel....
It is not only the unfriendly people at the front desk or the dated furnishings, but is the Deja Vu feeling that reminds you that it didn't go well last 5 or 6 times you were here.
But, here I am again. Thinking that it wasn't so bad.
I am an SPG Lifetime Platinum Member and often go out of my way to stay at Starwood properties.
I am willing to overlook a lot at a hotel if I receive a warm welcome and the sense that they cared if you were there. Don't expect either. So, here is my experience from last week:
* Inefficient, unfriendly staff at the front desk. This seems universal as I watched other people attempting assistance from staff.
* The hotel is a series of mazes. It is important to find out where you room is or you will be achieving your fitbit steps in for the day walking all over dragging luggage.
* I'd suggest that you ask where best to park, but on my last stay they simply gestured to the right -- exactly the wrong place to park if you are in the "Milwaukee Wing."
* The entire hotel is badly dated.
* If you are taller than 5' 8", you'll need to bed over to shave in the morning. The ceilings are low and the bathroom light fixtures hang over the mirror and cover most of it.
* The Club Lounge food is nasty. Frozen meatballs out of a bag doesn't cut it.
* If you select "Green Choice" at the front desk they should ask if you want the points (most SPG members prefer that). Instead, they deliver a card under your door and they require you to bring the card back to the front desk to receive points. Only SPG property that I have seen do this. I'll remind you that the front desk is nowhere near your room or parking spot.
* There seems to be a bad smell ever where you walk in the hotel. Gratefully it wasn't in the room, but my goodness - do something about it.
* I requested late check out (SPG Platinum is guaranteed 4:00p). I was told No when I called. Then they told me 1:00p. I said again that I was Platinum and they said 3:00. In the end, my plans changed and I had checked out well before noon.
* I'm grateful that the bed and pillows were in good shape. It is the most important thing!
* Service, Service, Service
* I provided government identification and tax exempt card upon check-in. The clerk disappeared for more than 5 minutes to make a copy of it. My email folio showed that they had charged the taxes. I called once from the room to have fixed and then in person at the front desk (I had to turn in my "Green Choice" certificate). The person at the front desk couldn't fix because a manager was on the phone. ** Please empower your employees to act ** After 10 minutes, I asked them to make changes and email the updated bill. I called 4 times from the road, I was transferred to people who weren't picking up at 2:00 p.m. Then told to call back Monday to speak to accounting. In the meantime, I had an email from SPG/VIP representative for hotel (a nice touch) responding to Club Lounge survey, but she wasn't answering when I tried to call her. Finally and fully frustrated, I left a message with the General Manager explaining my experience.
* I received a voicemail first thing Monday morning from the GM (he was out of the office Friday - so I appreciate the prompt call on Monday). He said he was looking into it and I would hear back from him personally by the end of the day.
* I heard nothing from him, but received an updated bill later that morning.
* He missed the point. I knew I could get the bill addressed. It was a service problem. I should not have needed to make 6-7 calls and be told to call back again.
* I received no apology from anyone - Nothing!
I give up.
June 16, 2016
Rated 5 out of 5 by Mookie13 Comfortable Stay
Comfortable rooms with very friendly staff. They were kind enough to send me a gift basket of food and birthday card signed by the staff. It was a nice surprise and was greatly appreciated. Highly recommended.
June 13, 2016
Rated 3 out of 5 by Linds82 I thought there were renovations?
We had read that the hotel had undergone renovations, however we didn't see where this would've happened. Our room was very dated and the chairs by the computer station actually had holes in them. Both pools were very dirty so we didn't even use them. Overall, not impressed with this hotel.
June 12, 2016
Rated 4 out of 5 by Cleigh SPG
I stayed in the hotel for almost a month but my points is not changing.
Hotel is nice.
April 29, 2016
Rated 1 out of 5 by Clarkt69 Staff was lacking
Front desk staff couldn't care less that I was a gold member. This is the first time Sheraton has disappointed me. Hopefully this will never happen again.
April 5, 2016