Rated 1 out of 5 by Unhappy009 Bad Experience in the Pool of Sheraton Grande Tokyo Bay Hotel
I was swimming in the pool with goggles & snorkel (FINIS Freestyle Snorkel) at about 10:45am. However at about 12pm I was told by a lifeguard I was not allowed to use the snorkel in the pool. I was puzzled; the lifeguard had noticed my snorkel when I first entered the pool and also when I was using the snorkel for my freestyle. Furthermore upon checking the rules & regulation, I did not notice any indication that snorkel is not allowed in the pool. Through this incident I felt that the hotel has allowed the whim and fancy of its staff in deciding what is allowable & appropriate in the pool. Rules & regulation should clearly indicate the type of swimming apparatus that are allowable in the pool, preferably with photos & pictures so as to avoid confusion & miscommunication. Finally if an apparatus is deemed inappropriate it should be communicated with the hotel guests early. This entire incident lead to me feeling my presence in the pool of Sheraton Grande Tokyo Bay Hotel is not welcomed & I was deliberately chased out.
September 11, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by Howy Great hotel for Discney vacationwith family
Luckily I chose this hotel as my precious family trip for tis time, all my family enjoyed their happy hours during the stay, the varieties of facilities actually meet everyone's needs.
And, there was one thing impressed me a lot in these days, my child mindlessly dropped 10,000 yen in the garbage can, but the house keeping picked it up and honestly put it on the desk! I didn't have the chance to express my gratitude to this staff, I would require the management team in Sheraton Tokyo Bay Hotel to recognize his/her great behavior.
August 30, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by jll888 Very Kind Disneyland Partner Hotel
We are very appreciate and delighted by the service provided by Sheraton Grande Tokyo Bay Hotel. We are staying 2 nights here for Disneyland and return to our home Country on the last night by airport limousine bus. Our flight is at 11:40 p.m. but we found out that the last bus depart from the hotel to the airport is 6:35 p.m. The hotel was kind enough to extend our late check out till 6 p.m. in order for us to enjoy the Disney park more and have time to back to our room to pack. Further more, we had been upgrade to a suite room as a SPG Platinum Elite member with a very nice Disneyland view just right in front of our room balcony.
December 1, 2012
Rated 5 out of 5 by JiminCHOI I really appreciate this hotel's exellent service!!
Dear Sir Katsuyuki Tanimizu,
I'm Jimin Choi who stayed in room number 682 for 2 nights in Sheraton hotel from Aug 27 to 29.
Due to our mistake, we missed the airport limousine bus this morning. However your car-ride service made us in time. Plus my daughter put her cap in the car unknowingly, the hotel staffs who gave us a ride contacted the Korean Air, so we could get it back just in front of our gate.
It was the first time for me to travel with my mom and my daughter and this travel was so meaningful for us.
We're really touched and grateful to you for your kindness and your hotel's exellent service. Sheraton hotel made our travel unforgettable.
We definitely will stay again in Sherton, and hope to see you soon.
August 29, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by Merv39 Guest interactive
Engaged guest on enquiring on their needs very well.
September 2, 2014
Rated 2 out of 5 by Reggie2 Disappointing at Best for Category 5 Hotel
This property is all about location. I give it two stars vice one only because of the location near Disney Parks. With or without the location, it is not worth the cost. I used points for three rooms, for two nights and quickly realized that I wasted a lot of points. A few thoughts I hope are helpful:
1. We had a standard room that came with two double beds. The double beds are big enough to sleep two adults. However, the rooms and especially the bathrooms are vastly outdated for a hotel in a Category 5 rating. Additionally, the beds are not up to the Sheraton comfort standards. The beds are hard and the bedding does not feel soft like the acclaimed Sheraton Signature Bedding.
2. The picture on the SPG website shows a beautiful resort pool and it is beautiful when you see it real time. Although the website briefly mentions you have to buy a pass to use the pool, what they don't tell you is it costs Y3800 (~$38) per person per day. That is an outrageous cost to use an outdoor pool, at a hotel you are a guest at, especially with a family. Sheraton needs to review this cost and policy if they are going to taut this place as a family friendly hotel. On that note, any amenity at this hotel will cost you more and it is not cost friendly. The bottom-line is that to use hotel services, you will get nickel and dimed to death.
3. The staff knowledge of hotel policy is inconsistent. For example: I was told as a Gold member all three rooms would get free wifi. Found out later that only one room would get free wifi. Was also told by the SPG desk receptionist I could use the indoor lap pool free of charge, went to use the pool and was told I had to pay the $38 pool fee, then later told I didn't.
4. For an international hotel, english speaking staff is not at a standard level expected. Fortunately, my wife speaks fluent Japanese so it was not a problem for us.
5. There was no apparent shuttle from the hotel to the park main gates. They claim to have a shuttle to Disney but the shuttle was not to Disney but to the Disney TRAM. Of note, the Disney TRAM is only 300 meters from the hotel entrance. The Disney TRAM takes you to the park gates, but you have to pay to use it. You can buy one way tickets or buy multiple day passes. A two day unlimited use pass cost Y800 ($8) per person. If you are there for multiple days, that is the most cost effective way to go.
There are a lot of great SPG options in the Tokyo area that are far superior to this one. If Disney is not a must in your travel plans or it is only a one day excursion, then I would seriously consider the other SPG options. Having stayed at others in the Tokyo area, the experience is far better. I can not recommend this hotel to anyone unless total cost is not a factor.
August 2, 2014
Rated 3 out of 5 by Dave100 Everything will cost you at this hotel
My family and I have only been staying at this hotel for 2 days (out of 11 booked) and already we wish that we had stayed somewhere else. Right from the start there was no greeting or help with our luggage from a doorman (not sure if they have one), we had to carry our entire luggage up one floor before we found reception and then waited around 15mins to be served. After check in we had our (approx) $100 USD breakfast. After breakfast we found out that it was going to cost us (approx $55 USD / day to use the outdoor pool, it would have been nice to know about this before we booked, as we would have stayed somewhere else. So to sum it all up there is no service when you arrive and most of their facilities (i.e. pool) appear to have a fee attached.
September 10, 2012
Rated 5 out of 5 by BenC Disney Package Rocks!!!
Stayed here with my family. 2 adults & 2 kids.
Everything was sensational. Great service & hotel. Very convenient for Disney. Great package deal for the family. Included 3 day Magic Passport for 2 adults and 1 child. We stayed 3 nights. Airport shuttle service to Haneda was also very convenient. All in all, a great stay at Sheraton. Great to know you get this same service here. Christopher was great in explaining the package to us and also giving us an upgrade to Club Lounge.
February 6, 2012