Rated 5 out of 5 by Jim86 Wonderful Stay! Don't judge a book by it's cover!
The outside of this hotel screams "out of date", but I stayed here because of an EARLY morning flight. I am an SPG Lifetime Platinum member and often sacrifice quality to stay loyal to the program. This stay was NOT a sacrifice! Every step of the way my expectations were blown away!
* Check-in process was warm and prompt!
* Although it was a long walk to my room through their conferencing area, the walk was worth it. While the outside of the building is out of date, they have done a wonderful job renovating the rooms into wonderful spaces.
* I was upgraded to a suite. Even though I was only going to be in the room for less than 8 hours, I appreciated the effort of the upgrade.
* I was surprised to see a large bottle of sparkling water in a champagne bucket and a glass of red wine waiting for me on my arrival.
* I also received a hand written note from their person in charge of VIP services welcoming me. This kind of personal touch really makes a difference!
* Since the club room had closed for the evening by the time I arrived, they gave me two drink tickets for the hotel bar. I almost never use these, but decided to go downstairs for a beer.
* The staff at the bar were fantastic! I asked about the beers they had on tap and they offered to let me try a sample of a few before selecting one. Many places will do this, but they were outgoing in their efforts to make me feel welcomed!
* I decided to order some chicken wings (I wouldn't recommend them) and make that dinner.
* I asked for my check and they said that "it is all good." I asked why, and they said that since I didn't use my extra drink ticket that they would apply it toward my chicken wings. *** This is the kind of service and EMPOWERMENT that hotels should be instilling in all of their employees.
* The bed, which is the most important part of the hotel room, was new and very comfortable. The towels were big, white, fluffy sheets of comfort!
* The shuttle service to the airport was prompt and friendly.
I can't remember the last time that I left an airport hotel wishing that I could stay longer. 5 STAR hotels could learn about SERVICE from the Montreal Sheraton Airport!
Thank you for a great 8 hour stay!
August 2, 2016
Rated 1 out of 5 by Kelii22 SPG Member since 2004 and by far the worst night ever at SPG property
I have been a loyal SPG member for over a decade. As I write this review, I've had only two hours of sleep at the Sheraton Montreal Airport hotel because it is so hot in the room. I had to call multiple times downstairs before anyone would pick up. Then, a woman by the name of Tamara came up to my room and said that it wasn't "that" hot!!!!! I have to get up in two hours and I'm already exhausted. I would have been better off sleeping at the airport --literally. Do not stay here. Staff is rude.
July 18, 2016
Rated 5 out of 5 by GlennBrad Outstanding stay!
Excellent SPG recognition: consistent upgrades and welcome amenities. Good communication by email. Professional yet friendly staff such as Claudia at the front desk. By Canadian standards, an impressive happy hour spread at the club lounge. Well done all!
July 13, 2016
Rated 5 out of 5 by Flyingtailor Right next to Airport
Had a great stay not long enough I had an early meeting by the airport the staff at check in was amazing. A bit of a wait at check in so clerk comped my parking sweet a very nice jester. When I stay by airport always seem to choose this hotel.
May 16, 2016
Rated 4 out of 5 by Mike4711 mostly great experience
Front desk and cleaning staff are exceptionally friendly and helpful. Restaurant and bar staff...not so much. They insist on speaking French even if you're not and the breakfast buffet is a little over priced for what it is. Everything else is great and I do recommend this hotel.
April 27, 2016
Rated 4 out of 5 by Andrea80 The bed was wonderful!
As advertised, the bed at this location was wonderful! Following my stay I completed a survey and indicated some areas of concern. Since I have had no reply, perhaps I can be sure I got their attention by writing a review.
The plug in the bathroom did not work for the hairdryer so I had to use it in the room however, the only mirror was in the bathroom! I could not report it because the phone did not work! The clock radio did not work and the shower head was spewing out beyond the glass shower door onto the floor.
I assume these issues were corrected for the next guest but it would have been appreciated to have received an acknowledgement to the survey I completed.
The only other issue was that I, along with other guests, was unable to get an internet connection. It connected while in the lobbly but only in the lobby.
A convenient property and I repeat, the bed was beautifully comfortable.
April 11, 2016
Rated 2 out of 5 by ibewluc Lifetime Platinum, big time disappointment
The greeting was cold, harsh and the person seemed uninterested even though she was servicing the SPG line. We had specifically made the reservations in advance to have two connecting rooms, my wife was trying to tell her that she didn't need to be on the Gold floor if the rooms weren't connecting but the person wouldn't listen, very frustrating. We go to this hotel often because my wife likes to go for their Spa treatments that are always very good but this time the meals were very sub-par, the service at the restaurant was poor, the waitresses were so busy talking to each other that they didn't car about the fact that my wife had to be out fairly quickly because of her spa treatment, again very disappointing. The next morning went for breakfast and the service was just as awful and uninterested as the previous night, the eggs were overcooked for both of us, the potatoes needed ketchup or they didn't have no taste, if this was our first time at the hotel it would be definitely off our list of places to go and stay. Being a Platinum member i believe this is just not what i'm used to for service..
April 7, 2016
Rated 5 out of 5 by Danielle506 Great Hotel
I stayed here because it was offered when I redeemed airmiles points. This hotel is very close to the airport with a shuttle every 20 minutes. I did not come here by plane but used the shuttle as recommended by a staff member, David who explained how to get to the ball game by public transportation. The rooms are very clean and the beds are extremely comfortable. Another nice feature is the little shop in the lobby with various toiletries and souvenirs. The pool and hot tub were great and so was the bar in the hotel. I'd like to recognize David from the front desk and Patrick from the bar for their amazing service.
April 4, 2016