Rated 5 out of 5 by Zee1 Great features and service
The hotel has everything needed for a most enjoyable stay. In addition the service is impeccable.
January 13, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by LouieBee love the hotel
The facility is so impressive except the fitness facility seems to be visibly declining
November 2, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by CCG18 Home away from home.
From the moment we pulled up at the entrance we were made to feel welcome and comfortable.
October 5, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by Spencer This room is beautiful with great views
This was such a wonderful experience. Love the hotel, love the staff, love the position .
January 23, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by Niru Great hotel
Awesome place to stay, beautifully refubished yet still relaxing rooms. Nice facilities.
October 4, 2012
Rated 5 out of 5 by robbsie great hotel
wonderful hotel. large ,clean and very modern rooms. enjoyable stay. highly recommend
March 24, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by Lifetime Nothing beats this hotel
A superb Gold Coast property with a prime BEACHFRONT location makes it unbeatable.
February 2, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by Travelchick1973 So nce
Every time i stay its always a lovely experience cant wait to stay again soon x
February 13, 2013
Rated 4 out of 5 by Pm12 Sheraton Mirage Gold Coast
Very pleasant stay, lovely room, perfect for family with 2 teenage girls
October 8, 2012
Rated 5 out of 5 An all round excellent experience
I stayed for a 3 day conference and found almost everything perfect!
September 1, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by Sharshar25 2 day getaway
This hotel is in the perfect location and definitely meets all needs
August 14, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by Jules101 This hotel is amazing
I loved everything about this hotel. It was a truly wonderful stay.
January 19, 2013
Rated 3 out of 5 by DisrespectedSPGmember Disrespected SPG Platinum Guest
Stayed at Gold Coast Sheraton a number of times using SPG points but this time was business. Have been SPG member since 1997 and Platinum most of that time. Every SPG hotel I have stayed has an arrangement for free breakfast for elite membersbut not here, even with your new benefits promotion saying you have a buffet for SPG Platinum. Last year I pointed this out to them and got given a bottle of wine as a pacifier. Sadly, again this trip to GC I was told there is nothing for Platinum. "Of course sir, you can pay an extra A$40 for our wonderful buffet breakfast" was the nonsense reply. When I have been an elite member for longer than this kid has been out of diapers, I expect better treatment. It is not difficult to make these special arrangements, but the attitude of this hotel to do so is nonsense. Despite the facilities are nice and near the beach, my wife has indicated she never wants to stay there again. Cost/Performance ratio is well below SPG par.
By the way, again, the FOXTEL pay TV system was failing. Since it was not vital for my stay, not an issue for me .... but if one were a guest who checked in just to watch Japan vs Socceroos on FOXTEL, at this hotel's price, that guest would be justifiably very annoyed.
June 17, 2012
Rated 5 out of 5 by Saints26 Very nice experience
Staff when we arrived were great, made us feel very welcomed
May 20, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by SPEEDY24 GREAT LOCATION
GREAT PLACE TO STAY EXCEPT THE WEATHER WASNT THAT GOOD
March 10, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by maria Great Service and Rooms
Would stay here anytime when I am in the Gold Coast
March 11, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by gabgolf Beyond Expectations
Amazing location and the staff were tremendous!
April 21, 2013
Rated 4 out of 5 by Lazybaby66 The restaurant is good
I would recommend this hotel.
August 28, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by Wardy77 Will definatley recommend
Enjoyed our stay Immensely
March 11, 2013
Rated 4 out of 5 by border01 Satisfied
Very nice hotel to stay at
March 11, 2013
Rated 4 out of 5 by SmileyTrax See-Saw Experience
From my check-in and more, the staff (except for one female in the buffet restaurant Sunday morning and a male staffer in the Cocktail bar on Saturday afternoon) were the best at customer service I have experienced in a very long time! Hence the See-Saw reference.
The room was lovely with a great aspect. The airconditioning system though is not an easy one to manage and our room was very warm until my husband worked it out. The buffet restaurant service, given many years of past patronage, left a lot to be desired this time around. The food was mostly good but has been better. The cocktails I ordered one afternoon (Fri) proved sensational (thank you, Tracy) but the same one ordered on Saturday afternoon (from a male "manager") was appalling - not even close to the brim for a $19 drink and not even close in flavour, and when I raised the issue politely, I may as well have been told to take a hike in his verbal response and facial expression. It was a shame these negative experiences dampened what was otherwise a pleasant stay away.
Having a spa bath though in your room is a bonus.
I was a bit disappointed that the house-keeping staff saw us leave for the morning but when I came back to room at 1pm, my room was not made up but one call to reception and the service then offered was wonderful.
March 24, 2013
Rated 2 out of 5 by DavidWeissel Did not sleep at all! :(
This is the first time i have ever complained about a hotel and i am a frequent traveler.
We stayed in a lagoon room(1073) which on first impressions seemed lovely, but we did notice a bit of noise from the cleaners store room directly next door (heavy door shutting and trolley hitting metal strip on the carpet to concrete join regularly) but thought surely they would finish work soon so we were not too concerned . After returning from dinner we found ourselves constantly looking at door thinking someone was about to enter the room, because of the noise. I rang reception and made a complaint at 12.30am as the noise kept us from sleeping and was told they were sorry and would get the staff to keep noise down. The noise was reduced but didn't make enough difference to be able to sleep through it. This is a five star hotel and people pay good money to stay here and i don't blame the cleaners as they are just trying to do there job, all staff we met were very nice. We had a lot of driving to do that day and after not sleeping was not our best experience, and totally ruined our next night plans.
I think this is totally unacceptable at any hotel let alone a 5 star hotel, to not be able to get a good nights sleep. I am very disappointed as this was meant to be a special night for my fiance and myself.
October 28, 2013
Rated 1 out of 5 by PoorExperience A Poor Experience
Sheraton Mirage Gold Coast, a poor experience.
My recent stay @ Sheraton Mirage was more than disappointing, it was terrible.
The events were as follows;
- As website couldn't guarantee a King Bed, made reservation via phone.
- Reservation was made with King Bed & had to correct operator that check in day was Saturday, not Friday. Operator acknowledge this & booked Saturday....
- Confirmation via email, list dates not days, so missed that reservations had put Friday.
- Called Saturday 5pm to advise that still coming, but running late for checkin, no mention of error made by reservations
- Arrive 7:45pm to be told that were expected the night before & would have to pay for an additional night
- Manager was accommodating in discounting the night, but ultimately it was my issue for not checking the date from confirmation
- Had requested room with King Bed (only real requirement ) with possibility of Ocean view
- Room provided had 2x double beds overlooking the main street
- Terrible night's sleep due to our bed & paid over $500 for this experience
- What I remember from great hotels is being treated like a guest...shown to your room, bags taken by staff, expectations being exceeded.
None of these were met with Sheraton Mirage & left feeling, tired, worn out & a sizeable bill for this.
A poor experience.
April 28, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by NathaenM Our home away from home
Sheraton Mirage Gold Coast
Stayed September 2012
Each visit is like coming home!
I have written a number of reviews on the Gold Coast Sheraton. The hotel has undergone significant refurbishment over the past twelve or so months and it is beautiful. But the backbone to any fine establishment is the team you have working for you. Let me tell you that the Sheraton at the Gold Coast has amazing staff. From the management, reception, porters, waiters all the way through to the lovely housekeeping ladies and even the ladies manning the phones......I have never come across a better crew. They are always smiling and will go out of their way to help. We stay here often and yeah its great to get a complimentary wine etc, but the real reason we come here is the service. End of story :-)
The food and rooms are wonderful. We have stayed in a variety of different rooms and I can safely say that they are all fantastic.
Based purely on our experiences here at the Gold Coast Sheraton, we have already booked for time away at Port Douglas next year and also investigating a weekend at Noosa. If they are half as good I will be happy.
We are travelling to the USA at the end of the year for an extended holiday. They tell me he hotels in the US are the benchmark. We'll see.....they will have to be verrrrrrrry good to beat the Sheraton Mirage Gold Coast.
September 26, 2012
Rated 5 out of 5 by MarkHD Superb - Loved it.
In my view the Sheraton Mirage Gold Coast is first class, in so many ways. Our stay was relaxed and enjoyable, the food was fantastic and we will DEFINITELY be back again.
Things we loved:
(1) Prompt and efficient attendance and service when we reported an issue with the air conditioning in our room - the technician (sorry, I didn't record his name) was friendly, knowledgable and helpful - he solved the issue very quickly and did a great job.
(2) Food in the Terraces Restaurant was AMAZING - the hot food chefs in the morning (Meg and Rob) were very very good at what they do, and provided fabulous food and service.
(3) Dining Room staff in the restaurant were happy to be there and were fantastic. Special Mention to Jenny on our first day, and Todd on our last - they were great, they treated us like real people and took the time to have a real chat with us. Importantly for me, they did not treat us like zombie cattle moving through a high turnover business (which an attitude that we have sadly experienced elsewhere). The Staff at the Sheraton Mirage are a cut above and are an absolute credit.
(4) BEDS! The beds in the hotel were very, very comfortable. I guess it is in the details and all the little things, but once we got there, we could easily tell that the management of this hotel want it to be the best experience possible for their guests.
(5) Hotel Reception - everything was easy - check-in, check-out, my questions about the area; they took it in their stride and made things simple.
Things we didn't like:
Nothing - it was outstanding in every way for us!
September 29, 2012
Rated 4 out of 5 by James0719 Really good but not 5*
Bearing in mind the hotel has apparently undergone extensive upgrading and updating recently it still looks and feels a bit 'tired' not helped by the fact the high winds ensure there was sand in all of the shallow water pools all around the hotel. Not a great look.
The room was spacious and very comfortable and the maids always did a great job in leaving it very welcoming to come back to at the end of a long day.
One significant issue - the attitude of some of your bar staff.
Issue number 1: I was sitting having a business meeting (with drinks from the bar) and clearly the team were setting up for a drinks reception (my company drinks I should add) when the manager / guy in a suit informed us 'we will need to move that table in 10 minutes' which lacked any awareness or personal touch I would expect
issue number 2: Wednesday evening we returned from an evening out and the time was 10.45pm and the bar had around 6 people present. We approached the bar to be informed that he was then closing the bar and in a less-than-friendly manner. I pointed out it was only 10.45pm to which he replied that no-one had been in the bar all evening and he was shutting down. I have no issue with his logic - it's just the attitude and how he delivered the message I have an issue with.
Not to put too fine a point on it, the organisation I was with from Saturday night to Thursday morning spent a small fortune at your hotel and it's a great shame that I am having to write about this as opposed to all of the other really good things that happened that week - all of your other staff I encountered were first class.
March 1, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by Dianna Paradise on Earth
The Sheraton Mirage is located on the silky soft sands near Main Beach so you can enjoy spectacular sunrise &/or sunset walks along the beach. The Resort is magnificent and impressive, surrounded by lagoon style pools and a tropical garden. Staff are welcoming and do everything to make your stay comfortable and pleasant. The food is fantastic especially the Seafood Buffet. The breakfast buffet also has an enormous international choice - only criticism it only includes one espresso &/or cappuccino - breakfast is one of those heavenly luxuries that few people get to enjoy of a morning so I really can't understand why the Mirage has to charge for an second espresso or cappuccino. The spacious rooms are pristine clean with 2 double beds and some rooms have spectacular views of the lagoon and seafront. Rooms also include great tea & coffee facilities including a wonderful silver plunger coffee pot (pity there weren't a couple of biscuits). The mini bar is well stocked but most international hotels usually include at least one bottle of complimentary water - fortunately there was a large 1.5 lt bottle but it cost $9.50!!!
I'd just flown in from Italy via Hong Kong & China so headed straight to the Golden Spa for an incredible massage - it worked miracles! I floated out on cloud nine completely rejuvenated and revived. It's a bit of a walk from the main resort but well worth it. It would be nice if there were more spa facilities such as an indoor pool, Swedish sauna like the spas in Italy but the massage and treatment rooms are heavenly. The Mirage is a great Resort for families, couples and business which offers everything you need to ensure your stay is memorable and enjoyable.
August 30, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by Fulcher Magnificent Resort - Breathtaking Location
An absolutely stunning resort! The Sheraton Mirage Gold Coast is simply the finest accommodation on the Gold Coast. We have stayed at this resort many times because there is simply no other resort that even comes close to the quality of this one.
There are many reasons why we love the Sheraton Mirage Gold Coast and why we stay many times throughout the year. One reason is the location of the resort. The reception area is quite simply amazing. The view of the ocean is so grand, you know instantly that your stay is going to be sheer luxury. The rooms are always clean, modern decor and superior bed and luxury sheets. The pool is remarkable to say the least. We marvel at the architecture and design each time we stay.
The dining is always amazing. The freshest seafood, outstanding buffet really in every aspect. Such care is given to not only taste but presentation. It is not uncommon to see people taking photos of the artistic desserts.
All these elements make for a faultless stay, but it must be said that the staff really go the extra mile. Super friendly porters, who really set the tone for a great stay - often greeting us by name. The staff really are exceptional at this resort. They obviously enjoy working there because everyone is always so accommodating and friendly and upbeat. They really make a difference to your experience.
Not only would we recommend this resort to friends for an amazing, luxurious stay but also to families. Our children love it. The staff are so kind and welcoming to them.
This is a resort that cannot be compared to any other. It is the epitome of class and sophistication with its luxury surrounds and fine dining. It is also very relaxed and very best of the Gold Coast.
We have stayed at many 5 stay resorts and the Mirage is the most spectacular in everyway.
February 27, 2012
Rated 4 out of 5 by Helen40 Disappointed but still a beautiful hotel
We booked our room over the SPG website 2 days prior to our arrival but upon arrival reception staff were unable to find our booking. However, the very friendly and professional staff member was able to make another booking for us and our Ocean View room (the room we booked and paid for) on the third floor with full ocean views, was absolutely perfect. She also phoned Terraces Restaurant and confirmed our dinner reservation for that evening. Upon check-in, I used a visa debit card for all charges. During our stay, I noticed varying amounts of money being deducted from my bank account, although I had not been using my card. Dinner in Terraces Restaurant was excellent and the seafood choice was fantastic. We also had breakfast the next morning in Terraces Restaurant and upon being greeted, we were asked our room number and she wrote it on the top of the docket, although breakfast was not included in our room cost. We asked for our bill and placed cash, including a tip, inside the folder. We checked out and settled our account later in the morning after a beautiful stay. Unfortunately, I discovered that the hotel had charged us twice for all expenses, including breakfast for which we had paid cash, but only discovered this when I attempted to pay for something on my way home and was unable to do so. I had to cancel my visa debit card as I did not know who had deducted hundreds of dollars from my account. It took over a week to sort out the issue following numerous phone calls between myself, visa, my bank and the Sheraton to have the money returned to me. I also had to get a new visa debit card and pin. Although our stay at the Sheraton Mirage was beautiful, it was tarnished by the huge inconvenience of my bank account incorrectly being deducted of a large sum of money. Compensation was offered by way of a room upgrade, which I do find a little insulting given the degree of inconvenience this caused. However, as this is one of my favourite hotels in the world, I will be back. The hotel is truly special, the location perfect particularly if you like the beach and the staff are warm and cannot do enough for you.
August 25, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by kylekyle A few service lapses this time around
Having stayed at this hotel back in September 2012, we thought we would come back in February 2013 as we scored a special deal.
Overall, the hotel is still very good in terms of staff attitude (smiles all around, from front desk to housekeeping), but there were a few annoyances and areas for improvement during our four night stay which I will detail below.
1. When we walked into our room after check-in, the bathroom had a number of towels missing. There was only one bath towel and a couple of hand towels. There were no bath mat and no face washers at all. Was the room checked properly after it's been cleaned?
2. On the third day, we left our room at about 11am, but when we came back at close to 4pm, the room still wasn't cleaned. Fortunately, housekeeping was just right outside and the room was promptly made up as we went outside to have a walk. Should there be a 'Please make up my room sign" available? Also, the staff member took the used bathrobes away, but didn't replace them. A call was made to guest services to have the robes delivered. I specifically asked for the robes to be left in the room as we were about to go out to dinner. Upon our return, the robes still weren't delivered but we received a voicemail from guest services to confirm delivery, which was a nice touch. She was very apologetic when I called her back and informed her otherwise. The robes were then promptly delivered in 15 mins.
3. On the fourth day, the room cleaning was nearly perfect, except for the non-replacement of the cotton buds/nail file pack in the bathroom. Does housekeeping actually get a checklist of what to put in the bathroom?
4. We tried the seafood buffet at Terraces Restaurant on the fourth night. The food was above average, especially the fresh Sydney rock oysters, salmon sashimi and tropical fruits, but nothing overly spectacular. The carvery was a little towards the dry side and the curry squid skewers were just plain bland in taste. Inside our room, there was a newsletter advising the special tropical foods, smoothies and shakes available at the restaurant from 11 Feb (our fourth night). After we were seated, we asked the waitress what special smoothies were available. She knew nothing about those drinks except to say they were only available at the bar. Then we asked about the mocktails, which were listed in the drinks menu, but she didn't know about them either! A second waitress was a little more helpful and offered two mocktail choices. Also, the waiting staff was too hurried to clear our table and leaving only the dessert cutlery while we were out at the buffet. The staff must have seen us picking through the desserts, but we weren't done with the mains yet! We had to ask for new cutlery.
When we got the bill, we received the 20% discount for SPG members as part of the special promotion, but to our surprise, the description on the bill said 20% for SPG members, but the calculated discount was 15%, which was the usual discount. Someone obvious forgot to re-program the cash register! It took a few minutes to convince the waitress that the discount amount was incorrect.
5. On the third night, we received a letter (with the date of the fourth night) under the door from the duty manager informing me
of my Starpoints conversion option. The letter mentioned redeeming my points for Instant Awards which was detailed in another letter supposed to have been received at check-in. I never got that letter!
Overall, we had a wonderful stay, and if these service lapses could be fixed, then it would be even better.
February 13, 2013