Rated 2 out of 5 sheraton,east
Upon arrival to this hotel, it was extremely dark! So dark that we drove past the hotel twice, we missed the unlighten sign. When I called to make the reservations, I join the spg program&was told a bunch of untrue things. 1. Fridge was in the room2. Microwave was in the room3. Wrong time for breakfast 4. Free wifi. I asked for a menu so, I could call -& have certain arrangements made to make the stay special for my fiancé. It came day of inwhich I had already made other arrangements to eat elsewhere..
It was countless things but, I must say everytime I addressed an issue, it was addressed immediately so,the staff was on it. @the end of the stay heather was very friendly&helpful.
I will return but, Ill get names&double check everything upon arrival.
June 17, 2013
Rated 4 out of 5 by Marc8 You're almost there...!
After a $10MM renovation this hotel is an unknown gem. The lobby alone makes you feel invigorated with a beautiful water feature. Club level is perfect with its restricted elevator access. The Sheraton club is nice but could stand to improve the austerity of its design and upgrade the quality of some of the available food staples i.e. the breads/bagels seem very basic. Maybe consider a flavored cream cheese like Chive or salmon spread?
When extending your stay the variety becomes very monotonous. Overall, I will return to this hotel but I will remember to bring my own foam pillows and hope for a more comfy bed.
June 10, 2013
Rated 4 out of 5 by MM14 Great Value
Nice facilities and friendly staff for a fair price. I have stayed several times and hope to be back again.
June 14, 2013
Rated 3 out of 5 by sksigns 1 night for concert
The room was OK, could have lived without the ants
June 10, 2013
Rated 4 out of 5 by TPopTraveler great room; great breakfast; quick room service
very comfortable room and bed. great breakfast buffet. would like more fish choices for room service but still pretty good selection and food prepared well and delivered quickly.
June 9, 2013
Rated 3 out of 5 by CB30 Mixed review, not quite up to usual standards
The best things about this hotels is the amazing staff on the desk and at the bar and restaurant. Extremely friendly and helpful. Shame the hotel rooms aren't quite up to usual Sheraton standards, this was a very noisy hotel, the interlocking door between rooms lets in a lot of noise and you can hear nearly everything your neighbor says. It was a nice extra to have a balcony with most rooms but there was no spa/jacuzzi. Pool and weight room were good. Locaton of the hotel is a bit isolated, there are not many good restaurants nearby. The cafe/restaurant on site was pretty good which is just as well considering the location.
May 28, 2013
Rated 3 out of 5 by Duggle Not the best experience
I arrived to find out that due to SPG Platinum status, I had been "upgraded". While I agree that the room was a suite, it was one of the few rooms at the hotel without a balcony, was on the third floor, had a view of the lobby level roof, and was right behind the elevator. Is that really an upgrade? There was also an amazing amount of noise, between the people having parties on their balconies and others turning their televisions extremely loud, likely to cover the other noise. I was very unimpressed.
June 1, 2013
Rated 1 out of 5 by Unhappytraveler Worst Sheraton Stay Ever
I've staying in Sheraton properties for many years and have typically had great experiences. However, this was the exception. Let's go down the list of what needs improvement.
1. Front Desk - There was no one waiting to check in ahead of me so I asked the clerk if he could help me - the answer I received was "I suppose so". The rest of the check in process went OK after that.
2. Cleanliness: We stayed on the 5th Floor (concierge) and the carpets were dirty in the hallways, we found broken glass on the floor and during our weekend stay I don't think they ever vacuumed the hallways.
3. Room: Bed and pillows very uncomfortable – OK if you like pillows that are so soft that you sink right to the mattress. Room smelled like mold. The first day we were there it rained quite hard and it was apparent that the balcony was not properly designed. Water came through the bottom of the sliding glass door and sat in the inside tracks. Television – channels actually on the TV were not the same as the channels posted in the room information. Also, no “Do Not Disturb” sign in the room.
4. Sheraton Club: Service was great here. The people working the room were very attentive and helpful. However, we paid additional $$$ per day for the breakfast and evening Hors D’oeuvre’s. These were both very disappointing. A single hot plate and a few cold selections. Certainly not worth the extra money spent.
5. Internet: We paid more than $100 each night of our stay and the hotel still wanted a extra fee per day for internet access – this is an item which should be routinely included in this type of Hotel.
Overall, I have to say this was absolutely my worst experience staying at a Sheraton property. In addition to the above, the power went out 3 times during our 2 day stay. Definitely do not recommend spending your $$$ here unless you need to be at this location.
June 4, 2013