Rated 3 out of 5 by JoLu66 Great room but not many services.
My first floor room #3107 was wonderful with a partial ocean view and nice walk out patio. Maid service was excellent. The bed was very comfortable with first class sheets, pillows and coverlet. My only fault with this site is that the Rim Fire Room is not open more and there is no other restaurant other than a very expensive buffet by the pool area. You will need a car or good walking shoes to get to the services from here. We did find that the Plantation Restaurant was wonderful for dinner right across the street. They have a wonderful orchid garden also. The garden pool was quiet and a lovely place to spend time. I am sorry to hear that this place will change with the sale of Sheraton to Marriott.
November 20, 2015
Rated 3 out of 5 by Gilbert66 Room quality
We did enjoy our stay at Sheraton Kauai resort. The location was very nice. The only negative thing was the quality of the room. We had a room in the Ocean Wing (room no. 1320) which was actually not cheap. The room was quite spacy, howver the carpet was old and pretty dirty. Additionally the water drainage in the bathtube did not work correcty. From my point of view this room needs refurbishment.
November 18, 2015
Rated 5 out of 5 by Soccer33 Great Location, 3rd stay. 10days this time.
1. Booked Deluxe Ocean View room. Stunning view, large, direct ocean front with 2 sinks in bathroom.
Great ocean view for the sunset.
2. SPG Recognition - free bottle of champagne, $20 credit to the Link@Sheraton café, 20% discount for Breakfast buffet and two bottles of water in room daily.
3. Great location – shopping and many restaurants nearby. Close to canyon, – 30 minutes to airport or other direction to Port Allen.
4. Friendly caring staff. Sissy - check-in. Friendly, great customer service, and helpful in resolving where to obtain money order. Housekeeping – Perita, took care of room in a timely manner, fulfilled our personal requests, appreciate her hard work and extra effort to make our stay perfect witha very clean room and extra towels. Concierge (sorry forgot name) very, very nice, booked our Movie Tour, no hard sell with Timeshare – we just said no. Told her next day how great tour was.
5. Link@Sheraton café was great for small breakfast or meals. Coffee with scones or croissant. Pizza.
6. Pool has limited shade but all the staff helpful and friendly. Cold water brought out in plastic glasses about 11am, Lava restaurant pool-side, great reasonable priced food.
1. No screens on Lanai therefore had to keep door closed. Missed hearing ocean and breeze.
2. Buffett is $28.00 (minus 20%) for a basic same everyday menu. Where is the omelet or egg station, fresh fish choice and different potatoes/ meats. Need more variety. We searched for alternative restaurants in Poipu.
3. Didn’t bother with Rum Fire. We like our dinner in an open air restaurant. Rum Fire is totally enclosed with windows. Hawaii is a place to experience everything in the open air.
We enjoy the Sheraton, stayed here 3 times out of 4 trips to Kauai. Significant is the Deluxe Ocean Front room in Building 1. We have been to Hawaii every year since we have been married and do travel the other islands. Kauai has been a favorite recently.
November 5, 2015
Rated 5 out of 5 by TravelGoddessCA Weekend Get-a-way
Made a quick trip to Kauai for a wedding and had three full days to enjoy the island and the resort. The Sheraton Kauai's location is the best on the island. You are on the best beach in sunny Poipu, and though it might be considered a four star property, you won't be lacking quality. It has traditional Hawaiian charm and the food and services were excellent. If you should want to explore you are well located to Spouting Horn, Waimea Canyon, Hanapepe, Koloa and the airport. And very nice neighboring off-site dining and amenities as well. PERFECT place to stay on Kauai.
October 26, 2015
Rated 5 out of 5 by Sales007 Superior SPG Recognition, Hardcore Timeshare Sales
Great hotel. I'll list out all the pros/cons to make it easy this time.
1. Superior SPG Recognition - free bottle of champagne, ocean view suite upgrade (amazing), $20 credit to the Link@Sheraton cafe, 2 free continental breakfasts per day, and an orchid luau.
2. Free VIP parking daily for SPG Platinum
3. Really kind staff
4. Delicious water in the front with pineapple
5. Hawaiian cultural event celebration while we were there - free food, booze, and mai tais!
6. Great shows every day or two - lei making, singing, etc.
7. Great ocean view for the sunset
8. Great location - close to the canyon, and not too far from princeville either. Halfway point between both and 30 minutes to the airport
1. Hardcore timeshare sales - skipped over the 7,500 points since 90 minutes was a long time. I don't mind them bringing up the timeshare opportunity, but being asked 3-4x within a day if we'd like to book a meeting is a little much!
2. Outside booths are $50, which are a bit pricey. Cabanas at $100 per day is reasonable.
3. Most SPG hotels offer platinum members buffet breakfast. $9 per person to upgrade. Not horrible, but first time I've had to upgrade.
4. Had a dirty towel in the bathroom. Nothing serious though - they replaced the towel set.
Overall, I enjoyed the Sheraton. Betty in the front was very kind, and the amenities were beyond the normal SPG Platinum amenities. Would return here on another vacation. Just make sure to avoid the timeshare sales tactic unless you're desperate for 7,500 points.
October 18, 2015
Rated 1 out of 5 by Gaurang Breakfast
There was no fresh omlete only two fruits and crazy expensive
September 1, 2015
Rated 3 out of 5 by Shawn41 Relaxing but High Roll-away costs!
I rarely review Hotels because of the frequency of travel that I do, but I have to comment on this Shereton. It annoys me when SPG amenities are different at "resorts", the worst was I was charged $70 a day for my sons' roll-away bed that plus the $30 resort fee for things that normally would be free with my SPG account added $1000 to my stay which seems excessive since the roll-away fee was not disclosed up-front.
The hotel is nice enough and a great beach and surf break. Staff was friendly and service was great. Kids under 11 eat free for breakfast and Lunch which was an unexpected surprise. The 20% SPG discount on breakfast was only applied randomly and I could not get an explanation why or when it was in place, seemed to be based on staff knowledge of the SPG program and it was SPG week!
August 4, 2015
Rated 2 out of 5 by Mubu23 Nickels and dimes
Our stay felt like the hotel was trying to extract as much money as possible from our bank account. They charge a resort fee for every night but they only provide free valet for the first night. They provide two bottles of water only on the first night. They say kids eat free but only one child per two paid adults eats free. If a hotel charges a resort fee, we should be able to see the value provided.
July 20, 2015