Rated 2 out of 5 by donna3100 Hotel Rating
The Club lounge has a very sparse menu not to mention it is is an odd location tucked away on the first floor in the arm of the hotel..................
The lounge itself was very nicely decorated.
The amount of food available and choices were the most limited I have ever seen in a club lounge before.
Breakfast has 2 fruit choices, pineapple and melomn. The hot portion was looked liked half omelets and the other looked liked it actually was pastries in the heating pan.......
There were open containers of cream cheese, peanut butter etc that people already dabbled in....EWE
Then check out time at 730 am there was only one person. I eagerly awaited in line but after 10 minutes I decided to just leave.............
I assumed I would get an emailed receipt. I didnt. I called requesting ne two times and still have not gotten one....Really.............I am a plaatinum member so I do know what you should get but really this hotel really needs to upgrade
I now I will stay at the 4 Points up the street from now on where service is given with a smile and they have enough staff to man their front deskkkkkkkk
July 24, 2016
Rated 1 out of 5 by VeggieTraveller Not worth the value
Before this last stay I would have recommended this hotel whole-heatedly. But every single component of our last stay makes me feel upset and disinterested in staying here again. To preface, we came during a convention that was occurring at the hotel across the street. We go to this convention every year and prefer staying at the Sheraton (even before it was the Sheraton), because it's quieter, cleaner, and just a nicer hotel. I know that hotels are a business and want to make as much money as possible and I give them allowances for this. On its face it's a nice hotel with pretty pictures. But I feel like I was being raked over the coals on our rate this year.
1) It started with the reservations. When looking online for the rates they were too high so I called to see if we could have the convention rate. The lady was unfamiliar with the convention and so took my phone number and said someone would call me back. She suggested that I book my reservation at the time in case the rooms were taken and I took her suggestion. While booking I said that my mother would be staying with us and she said it was an addition $75 a night for a third adult. Third adult makes you pay extra?! Incredible, but they are in it for the money so I agreed.
2) Two weeks go by and no one calls me back. I'm a member of the Sheraton rewards and during these two weeks I receive several emails about promotions going on. Early reservation discount. Pay your birth year promotion. Minnesota resident promotion. I called after not receiving a call back about the convention rate and they said none of those promotions were valid for our stay. Again, I understand they want money. All the money. It's a convention right before the 4th of July so I say, ok.
3) I'm not supposed to say how much we paid in this review but at this point, we're paying more than one hundred a night more than my brother who is staying in the club level like us at the convention rate.
4) My 3-year-old needs a separate smaller bed to sleep in but since it's a popular convention, no roll-aways are available. So I ask them for a crib in our room. But when I called to ask for a crib the guy asked for the name of the hotel and said that I didn't give the right name. Acting suspicious that I was calling. Then he said he could not guarantee a crib for the stay. How can you not know if you will have enough cribs? You have X number of cribs. And Y number of people request one. If Y exceeds X then don't tell people you might have one. I would need to bring my daughter's bed if one was not provided and this takes up quite a bit of room in the car and needs to be known before travelling to a hotel.
5) I really prefer this hotel so despite the outrageous rate we decided to still stay. We come at 3:30 to check in, check in starts at 3. Our room was not yet ready. We had to sit in the lobby until past 4 waiting for our room. I have a three-year-old. This is not ideal. Paying so much you expect a certain level of service at every point of your stay.
6) So we are in the hotel and finally have our room, we go to the room and I expect the room to be gorgeous. Paying so much money you think you would have a beyond mid range room. But the room is incredibly narrow and has barely enough room to walk in. More like a low rate hotel. The beds and pictures look great, but the lack of space creates the feeling of a cheaper hotel.
7) After the rigmarole of the late check in, the guy checking us in didn't put club room access on our cards.
8) The showers had zero pressure and the water was unable to keep its temperature. Lots of people in the hotel, but you expect a business to know how much water it needs. The shower was like being pissed on. So disappointing.
9) We get home and get an email receipt from the hotel for over two hundred dollars more than agreed upon.
I loved this hotel when it was owned by the previous owners but now I'm not so sure. We go to the convention every year. We like to stay in a hotel. We would rather the Sheraton but to be charged so much and to have it not deliver it's just too frustrating.
July 10, 2016
Rated 5 out of 5 by LilYori4U Above expectations all around
This hotel is beautiful beginning the moment you step in the door. I do not know too many category 3 hotels that have a doorman, so that says a lot. The staff at the check in make an effort to get to know you, and speak intelligently, with their manners at attention the entire time. They recognize those waiting in line, so they know they are seen. When he was explaining to me how to walk to my room, he stepped out from behind the counter to point me in the right direction... This is just standard, I didn't indicate that I was confused or had no idea where I was going. Very refreshing!!! We have stayed here twice. Both times I was an SPG preferred member, and both times my rooms were upgraded. We stayed with dogs, and a child who needed a rollaway bed. Those furnishings were in the room and ready to go well before we checked in. Granted, we didn't necessarily need to rollaway either time when we had 500-800 sq ft rooms available to us (when we simply booked the standard room). I am extraordinary pleased, and will be staying here frequently in the future.
Downsides: no pool, scarce grass for the dogs (need to walk to the far end of the parking lot), no continental breakfast unless you have club lounge access, no fridge in the room. These things are all forgive-and-forgettable when you offer the outstanding service that you do. Well done Sheraton!
July 4, 2016
Rated 5 out of 5 by lkaruku Great experience!
This hotel is amazing and beautiful! We held a 2 day event there and I've never seen such great staff! With every interaction they were all helpful, friendly, kind and social even to the kids. Our event was flawless. The hotel doesn't have a pool but we would stay there agin in a heartbeat. The food there is DELICIOUS only downside is that it is expensive. The other guests were also very kind!
June 5, 2016
Rated 5 out of 5 by bradmac Awesome hotel and staff!
We just stayed for two nights and brought our two little dogs with us. I booked online and added that we were bringing our two dogs. When we got into our room, there was a large dog bed on the floor and nice dishes for the dogs to use. We were very impressed! The staff is always friendly and super outgoing. This is the only hotel we stay at when we go to Minnesota..
June 4, 2016
Rated 4 out of 5 by cheriant 4 1/2 stars!
We travel pretty frequently. Myself for business, and my fiance (with me for personal travel). We keep all our stays where we can to Starwood properties. When we are home in Minnesota and want a "Stay-caytion", we choose this Sheraton for a couple of reasons:
1) The bar / restaurant (Lela) has two excellent bartenders (Paul & Michelle) that we've developed a great relationship with. (Who doesn't want to walk into a bar and have the bartender know what you and your significant other like!)
2) Manager at the Lela (don't remember his name but he's a very welcoming person) and the staff in general will smile at the very least, or acknowledge you with a greeting to suggest that they know that you're a regular.
3) As a Platinum member, we sometimes get upgraded to a gorgeous suite. Their suites are HUGE. Typical Sheraton style. Lots of room, with a tv in the bedroom and living room. If you've stayed 100 plus nights with SPG, I even get a complimentary bottle of wine and fruit/ cheese plate delivered as a welcome gift amenity.
4) Club Lounge in the lower level has excellent food, catered by the kitchen from Lela. The meatballs (if you can get them) are amazing! Super soft and flavourful. It's also an updated space, with enough space for guests to stretch out while enjoying complimentary refreshments and watch tv.
We use this property as a "staycation" spot at least 10 times a year if not more. The reason why we keep coming back is because this property is a prime example of what some of the best Sheraton's can offer.
My only quibble is that the Starwood recognition during check-in depends on the agent. (I suppose that's true regardless of property) I don't hear the "Thank you for your Starwood Platinum" status as much as "We have your Starwood Platinum on file". It's a minor quibble for some but it's a recognition that I enjoy having the privilege of hearing. (Deducting a half star for that)
Either way, this is a property that I would wholeheartedly recommend to anyone.
May 31, 2016
Rated 5 out of 5 by Sunflight Amazing staff!
The ENTIRE staff was great, from the concierge counter to the janitor everyone greeted me and my family and made us feel welcome. We enjoyed the deluxe suite, and I was initially disappointed that there was no refrigerator in the suite. When I called the front desk, it was brought to our room immediately. I was just pleased with this hotel overall. The only reason I gave them a lower star was because there was no pool and my son wanted to go swimming. But he will live, I promise!
May 9, 2016
Rated 4 out of 5 by Mustafa A Remarkable Transformation
It has been a while since I stayed in this hotel. I used to stay here when I visited the twin cities. The price was always right and the hotel was ok.
Then SPG opened a Sheraton in downtown Minneapolis and I started using that. This trip I wanted something close to the airport for my 1st night. So I picked this hotel. Boy was I in for a pleasant surprise.
The hotel has been transformed and modernized. They completely changed it. From the outside, it is the same. So, you can imagine my shock when I got in and found myself looking for the reception in the old spot. I had to do a double take to make sure I walked into the same hotel. The new look is amazing and the new rooms are great. They really did a great job here. I felt bad for staying only one night.
Of course, the MN Nice staff is always the same. They treat you always with a smile. For sure, this hotel will be on my radar for any trips to the area in the future.
April 28, 2016