Rated 1 out of 5 by joywaters The WORST hotel I have ever stayed!!!!
Where do I start?
1. Poor Service checking: they were rude and rushing me along. Didn't want to check me and said she would process me later and return my passports. I said I am waiting to be checked in and she was irritated and made copies of my passport. My husband didn't know where to park car and some stranger came up to him and said he would park it and for us to give him the keys. WE think he worked there but still wasn't sure.
2. Woke up to Ants crawling from one end of room over our headboard and into the bathroom. The cleaning person came up with can of bug spray and sprayed them and told us to leave the room for day. and next day there was a Roach in our bathroom.
3. The entire hotel was dirty and needed renovation badly! The carpet was dirty. The elevators were missing screws off of hanging signs and ALL the way had scuffs up and down them.
4. Restaurant closed except for minimal breakfast which could have been better but it was included in our charge so why not?
5. The bar lounge was open for quick and light snacks. Took no joke! 2.5 hours for a caprese salad to be served along with club sandwich while all along the pilots were being served in 10 mins. or less. We watched 6 new table turnovers happen before our food was served. We complained every 30 mins and they said 10 min, 10 min....
The worst hotel I have ever stayed. It should be shut down! An embarrassment to SPG. I of course asked for the manager everyday and the front staff who felt bad said sorry mama but she is away. No calls or courtesy I'm sorry, etc. I think someone serioujsly needs to look into this hotel. I shouldn't even of had to pay for the lousy parking and Italian taxes on the 2 rooms I had since this was seriously almost ruining my vacation!
April 11, 2014
Rated 4 out of 5 by Neoteros Nice experience
I stayed at this hotel a couple of times and my experience was always rather positive.
Responsive front desk, complete platinum status recognition, very nice room. Breakfast was decent, but they should try to improve it, based on the terrific local tradition in food.
Pool area is good enough.
Price was incredibly convenient and that certainly made my vote higher.
All in all, good value for money.
June 30, 2013
Rated 4 out of 5 by Vincos Surprisingly Satisfactory
OVERALL IMPRESSION: I believe this property is one of a generation of Sheratons opened in Italy for the 1990 World’s Cup. In general they have not fared well - charmless, outmoded and poorly staffed. This one is a very pleasant and surprising exception. It is buzzing with lots of local activity, provides attentive service and has a couple of attractive features like a sea-front location, great swimming pool, small shopping arcade and plant-filled central atrium.
SPG RECOGNITION: Touch-and-go until the last minute but they came through with a top category upgrade, an excellent local wine in the room and a complimentary breakfast in the main dining room. No Club Lounge.
THE ROOM: A very large and comfortable top floor suite with two full baths and two large furnished balconies with sea view. Really in need - like the rest of the property in general - of a spruce-up.
LOCATION: The hotel is 5kms from the centre of Catania and the far side of the city from the airport, however, it is very close to charming Aci Tezza.
DID NOT MEET EXPECTATIONS: Sheraton Sleeper mattress, down pillows and upgraded bath and bed linens should be brand standards...they were definitely missing here.
April 23, 2013
Rated 3 out of 5 by Dvorjanka1 Great location, nice property, service and Platinum recognition does not meet SPG standards
Hotel itself is a very nice one, facilities well managed, very friendly staff (most of them) trying hard to meet customers needs however overall experience below expectations. We stay for leisure and business very often in Italy, now for the first time in Catania and we were somehow disappointed. Mostly by attitude vs. Platinum status recognition and by service. After staying 5 nights in 3 rooms, 11 fully paid and 4 with Cash & Points I was expecting some more appreciation of loyalty, at the end of the day I have been Platinum for 10 years and can hardly remember so poor recognition of my status. Also some service did not operate (shuttle, bar in the ground floor, sometimes 2 out of 3 Sheraton link PCs were out of order, one of them during the whole stay). It might be because we visited place in October, nevertheless it is easier to satisfy guests when hotel is not full and everybody is more relaxed.
Improvement is needed in ensuring the cleanlinesses of the rooms and of public area, e.g, around the pool. Some more control from management would be beneficiary id hotel wants to meet standards of other SPG properties in Italy and around the globe.
November 8, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by Ciao Beautiful View
Clean, modern, helpful staff and great breakfast which was included.
November 1, 2013