Rated 1 out of 5 by Vivian I will never recommend this hotel
I will never recommend this hotel
November 15, 2011
Rated 3 out of 5 by JLsh It is a NORMAL Sheraton
Everything is average, service, receiption, housekeeping... corperate price+ 50$ enjoy the executive launge. The food repeat every two days, boring. I have to stay for one week!
December 6, 2011
Rated 1 out of 5 by ChrisL 2 extremely bad experience in 2 visits
Being a SPG platinum member, I have stayed at numerous starwoods hotels. This is by far the worst hotel I have encountered. Extremely incompetent front desk staff, bad service attitude and totally lousy experience. After the first stay, I was promised a better experience the next time I return by the duty manager Billy. However, that promise did not materialised on my second visit. I was being asked redundant questions about my room preferences and was given a room that reeks of tabacco which is totally unacceptable. This resulted in me being late for a conference call after the room change. The same duty manager Billy was on duty and was basically speechless when I questioned about the promised better experience!
March 21, 2012
Rated 2 out of 5 by VenR The service is poor, service redemption worse
1. In early 2011, was checked into a room where I found a guest already occupying and sleeping when I went in.
2. After almost 6 mths, tried again in Oct. Realised at check out that the check in person had not highlighted the inclusions in the package.
3. I highlighted how I had been adversely affected. Duty mgr blamed it on inexperience of a check in staff (so, no procedure for experienced staff handling Plat guests). Then, he offered me 2000 star points saying it was = US $600 redemption. When I challenged this, he retracted & said sorry. So, he's either a liar or incompetent. Very disappointing
October 26, 2011
Rated 3 out of 5 by Brian1188 Good location just outside of Orchard shopping district but SPG premier memberships fall short of expectations.
For the price parity of Singpore hotels in terms of location and proximity to shopping and downtown, Sheraton Towers Singapore, it is passable. However, if u r SPG Plat, it is almost never getting a suite upgrade, quite unlike other SPG properties in M'sia, Thailand, Indochina etc. You'll get tower room and amenities to exec lounge. The Saving grace is the exec lounge service has improved since 2-3 years ago with new Korean staff.
There is a Newton Subway or MTR next to it, which buzz around central district conveniently w/o overly relying on local cab services. Wi-fie is fast enough and free for SPG premier.
Unlike 2 other SPG properties which I have stayed for Staycation purposes, the SPA comes with additional, and there is no option to breakfast at the buffet restaurant for SPG Plat., u can only get b/f at the lounge which has limited options.
So in all, most if not all, SPG premier members will find it falling short of expectations, having been very well treated elsewhere.
November 19, 2014
Rated 1 out of 5 by IgorMelb Not worth it
I have stayed at the Sheraton Singapore for at least 10-15 times in the last 1-2 years. Not once I have been given any SPG room upgrades or any similar loyalty recognition.
Last couple of times the pool was being renovated, this time I was travelling with the family and needed an extra bed for the child - it was only provided after an additional payment...
I will likely not be returning - actually I have a booking for my next visit there in 1 week and this will be the last chance I am giving this place.
July 22, 2013
Rated 2 out of 5 by Kahuna It is getting worse
I have stayed in Sheraton Tower on and off for last few years. Everything is in general decline.
I stayed at 19/F and there was renovation happening the floor above daily from 9-5pm. No notification posted on website or by check in staff. Was told by duty manager that it would stop at 5pm and I should go visit the gym if the noise bothered me.
On top that, hot water was not available during morning. Ran the shower for 5 minutes with temperature knot turned to max. and only lukewarm water. Last but not least, the toilet does not flush properly. Not sure if it was water saving flush system.
All in all, i will stay at another hotel next time I go to Singapore
July 26, 2012
Rated 3 out of 5 by tmdg good location
This hotel has a good location for a city hotel, very convenient 3 minutes to local subway system which is one of the best ways to get around in Singapore. Also good access to taxis. Good service.
But with some downside:
1. don't expect SPG Platinum benefits. E.g. the room was nice, but as far as I can remember I have never been offered a suite in this hotel without explicitely asking for it (and my stays are usually short, so non-availability for every single time is very unlikely a reason.) And regarding other SPG benefits, don't expect much.
2. the hotel has done some refurbishment last year but the overall experience is still the same. No noteworthy improvements since then. But seems someone thought to increase the hotel rating from category 4 to 5. And along with it the prices. E.g. the cash and points for this hotel (if it is available at all) increased from 4000 points + USD60 now to 6000 points + USD110.
So considering value for money, I can no longer recommend this hotel in Singapore.
July 21, 2013