Rated 5 out of 5 by ulrich0507 Very nice hotel
since 20 years I am SPG platinum member and I am glad to say that the Sheraton Essen hotel is one of the best Sheraton hotels I ever stayed. Very good value for money. Great staff ! Thanks a lot.
August 21, 2015
Rated 5 out of 5 by Lunacee Great Hotel, excellent staff
I have stayed at the Sheraton Essen several times for work. The rooms are well appointed, modern bathrooms are also well done. The gym equipment is good and there is a nice spa/sauna facility as well. (Need to extend wifi to the gym, please!)
The staff is top notch - they are courteous, attentive, friendly and always available to assist with any needs.
Location in Essen is good, as well. Easy access to the highway, right next to the Symphony building and it sits right next to a city park which is very beautiful. I imagine this would be a great play to stay for a weekend visit to Essen.
August 7, 2015
Rated 4 out of 5 by PermanentTraveller Very good location
Very friendly staff there, but check-out was during about 15-20 minutes, which is too long.
Room was good; I slept very well on the bed. Location is very near to Essen main station, which is perfect if you want to go to other cities in Ruhr by train.
July 2, 2015
Rated 3 out of 5 by Koala25 Excellent staff, let down by infrastructure/management
Located centrally in Essen, with rooms overlooking the park. Adjacent to Philharmie Essen.
Unfortunately, during my stay, too many small things went wrong:
1) At check-in, was 'upgraded' to a superior room. Unlike other Sheratons, there are no additional amenities, not even slippers or dressing gown. Promptly provided when asked, though not required as also available in fitness area.
2) Offered late check-out and advised that keycard was programmed until 1600 on day of departure. However, I was locked out at 1530 and had to ask for reprogramming.
3) Steam room/saune - Many tiles on seats were breaking off and need re-gritting. Flickering lights in steam room. Long intervals between steam episodes. Room completely demists and was cold before steaming restarts. Music in relaxation area played for one cycle and then stopped. Duty Manager attempted to reset the steam room/music, but same problem happened again after two cycles. Showers flooded to changing rooms after used by three people.
4) Dinner in restaurant - Food was of a good standard. None of the red wines on the menu were available and all the red wines in the cellar were not on the menu! Serving staff were very apologetic - wine menu changes should be communicated to serving staff.
5) Told during check-in that wifi was free due to booking on spg.com. This was then billed for at checkout. Had to ask for it to be removed.
The staff were exceptional - I'd happily hire any one of them. They were attentive, responsive and all had a desire to help. Due to glitches, they spent most of the time apologizing!
April 16, 2015
Rated 5 out of 5 by Faisal09 This hotel has great internet service
I liked the internet service in hotel. It is fast but bit expensive for having facility in room.
Breakfast is great and staff is very friendly in restaurant.
March 9, 2015
Rated 4 out of 5 by Mack2T Review
Good service from the Staff
January 15, 2015
Rated 4 out of 5 by sjbdavos Friendly staff
The friendliness at reception at check-in and check-out, and the sociability of staff in the bar made one feel like a sincerely welcomed guest.
October 14, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by niddy Nice hotel, fantastic staff
The hotel offers great service, very comfortable beds (like in every Sheraton hotel) and fantastic staff. Whatever you need they serve you. I will be glad to come back for the next business trip.
September 27, 2014