Rated 2 out of 5 by andy68 Great personnel but too old structure
The hotel needs urgent total reconstruction; starting from the lobby, with a roof height of just 2 meters, it seems air is missing over there.
And then the rooms, small, old style, small windows, ...
The only good thing is the bed , which was clearly just renovated, staff told me not in all the floor!
And the staff, from reception to restaurant are doing their best to fill the gap between this hotel and a standard 5 stars hotel worldwide.
Maybe good for tourists, forget for business.
Just one negative note to the Concierge staff, maybe there still too proud to work for a great luxury hotel and they forgot to give right courtesy and assistance to guests, pity.
March 4, 2014
Rated 2 out of 5 by RSUK a Huge drop instandards
I have been staying at the hotel on a regular basis for over 20 years. My most recent stay is the first time I have had reason to complain.. the service throughout the hotel's lounges, restaurants and bar was abysmal. Our visit to the Japanese restaurant required us to phone the front desk to tell the restaurant staff we required service. There were several of my colleagues who stayed at the hotel and all reported the same sort of fall in standards. As an aside I stayed in the Towers and as usual the staff there were excellent.
March 3, 2014
Rated 4 out of 5 by Al1960 Sheraton Hong Kong
This Hotel is ideally situated for all sorts of reasons.
Most of my meetings are on HK Island and the proximity of this Sheraton to the MTR is fantastic, 1 stop to Admiralty and 2 stops to Central, so it's actually easier to get to places on HK Island than it can be staying on the Island.
Great view of HK Island as well and great position for Tsim Sha Tsui, Kowloon shopping as well, lots of good bars and fantastic local restaurants really close.
March 3, 2014
Rated 2 out of 5 by Mullen the hotel looks very tired
I was disappointed with the room. The carpet was dirty. There was no milk or milk substitute for the coffee or tea. The general attitude of the check in staff was not very welcoming.
March 4, 2014
Rated 4 out of 5 by 2h2012 Excellent Hotel in Kowloon
Sheraton is in Kowloon and is a bit more relaxing being out of the super hustle and bustle of Hong Kong Island. Hong Kong Island is a pleasant 10 minute ferry trip away.
Very courteous and friendly staff.
Very good restaurants
March 3, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by Dancf Above and Beyond Service
We were blown away by this hotel and their staff's abilities to anticipate our needs:
1. upgrades us to a Tower room with separate check-in and Lounge. Room was gorgeous, great views, quiet, large.
2. staff asked where we came in from and where are we leaving from (from a cruise to the HKG airport for home) and suggested a van (party of four with lots of luggage) but gave us the different pricing (taxi, car service, van to hold all luggage)
3. We chose van and were shocked to be met at the airport by two gentlemen (from the Sheraton) to assist us with our luggage to the airline check-in counters. This was amazing service. Memorable surprise.
Staff were professional, friendly and very competent. Lobby impressive. Breakfast wonderful.
February 24, 2014
Rated 4 out of 5 by Tinka Card key
Yes, everything was excellent, however after booking in the card key denied me access to my room on the 10 floor, which annoyed me intensely, requiring me to go down and request another key.
February 28, 2014
Rated 3 out of 5 by MaxinTokyo Some suggestions
I have stayed at your hotel numerous times. Two comments/suggestions on the basis of my most recent stay:
1. Your online and telephone reservation system needs improvement. I tried to add a night to my stay a few days before my arrival in Hong Kong. I could not add a night without amending my entire reservation. I then spoke to an agent who said that they could not give me an additional night at the same rate I had earlier reserved. It would have significantly increased the average per night cost. No flexibility at all. I ended up staying elsewhere. This leads me to my second observation.
2. Your staff kindly gave me a room on Floor 16 - the Executive Floor. Nice, but the hallways are full of the strong smell of cigarettes - quite unpleasant. The Sheraton Hong Kong is beginning to look a bit past its prime. Staff were very pleasant and helpful; the property is just showing its age (in particular the carpets and the interior of your rooms).
February 27, 2014