Rated 5 out of 5 by Nacho1982 Great place to stay in Hong Kong
I have been to this hotel eight times this year an it keeps on being my place of choice in HKG.
Location is excellent (on top of TST MTR), taxi stop works super well, staff is very attentive, the beds are super comfortable and I always get upgraded. The views of the rooms on the Harbor side are great (if you are on a low floor, you will see the construction on on of the museums...but that is not their fault). The shower is GREAT. You get a free courtesy cell to carry around.
Other things worth mentioning are the pool and Jacuzzi on the Rooftop (very nice place to chill), and the bar on the 18th floor (The view at night is just beautiful) and the gym on the 17th floor (treadmill looking into Victoria Harbor)
I haven't been to any of the restaurants, but Morton's is the top Honk Kong steak house according to Open Rice.
The only cons are that room service is pricey (but HKG is really expensive and food is actually quite good!) and the rooms are not big (again...this is common to most hotels in HKG), but always comfortable.
Finally, I don't speak a word of Chinese or Mandarin, and my English accent is terrible...and never had a communication issue at the hotel.
July 20, 2016
Rated 4 out of 5 by Sar39 Great facilities in a good location
Hotel is a short walk away from harbor and has a great view from the restaurant on 18th floor. Amenities inside the room are comforting. Had a relaxed stay as the staff was accommodating to my needs. I forgot one of my belongings in the room and when I called back, they responded back quickly, found the item and volunteered to ship it to my address. Overall, a great experience. Breakfast @ Cafe next to lobby should be visited.
July 17, 2016
Rated 3 out of 5 by 1ripoff unhappy
My husband and I booked a Harbour view room, we wanted something special as it was my birthday, we had a very limited view as there was building works going on in front of the hotel. We didn't think the room was 5 star.
Most of the staff were very polite but a lot had very limited English which made it difficult to ask for information.
There wasn't any information in the room regarding wifi, we ended up finding an alternative source to get in touch with family.
For the amount we paid for the room plus late checkout we had hoped for better.
Carpeting in the hallways and by the lift could do with being cleaned or renewed, it didn't give a good impression.
July 14, 2016
Rated 1 out of 5 by Rogermak The worst Sheraton that I stayed
won't stay again, not worth to
July 10, 2016
Rated 5 out of 5 by suredim This hotel is great
very good hotel will come back next time
June 28, 2016
Rated 2 out of 5 by Getupset Totally Dissatisfied
Bad treatment to guest, poor staff attitude, tricky marketings and unresponsive (G) management reply.
June 14, 2016
Rated 3 out of 5 by ANNE Disappointed after Renovations
Last I stayed there I think the Hotel finalized their renovations. The room and bathroom was much smaller. The glass shower door was a half, and the bathtub even felt smaller. Overall not liking the renovations - feels like corners were cut on comfort and style. I stayed on the SPG Floor. The location of hotel always pulls me back to stay but if you just want a quiet room to relax after a long day, probably this is not the place for the price.
June 5, 2016
Rated 5 out of 5 by NewYorkerLG One of the best stays I had in a while
This hotel was amazing for the following reasons:
1. Doorman always 24/7 opening doors for guests.
2. Calling cabs. There's always more than one person holding the door, calling the cabs, willing to carry your luggage even if it's the smallest size I can carry on.
3. Breakfast buffet at the cafe had the most variety I ever had. They pay attention to details from small yogurt drinks to cheese packets. Their American breakfast was on point and made quite accurate. Everything was delicious. Waitress and waiters still asked us what we liked to drink despite that it is a buffet. Extremely clean and can't express how great the breakfast was.
4. When there were issues, managers and staff were helpful and went through great measures to resolve them for me. From travel arrangements to other places near Hong Kong to personal matters.
5. Room service was one of the best. Not only did they made sure everything was filled, they put in extra amenity kits just in case. Extra towels, extra free water bottles. When I called for room service, they came within under 5 minutes literally. That was how fast they were. They also cleaned my room twice a day and left chocolate on the bed. Fruits came into my room as well. Everything was perfect.
6. SPG recognition was on point. I got my upgrade twice and also on SPG floors so easy access to other things such as lounge or upper floors both times.
May 30, 2016