Rated 5 out of 5 by Mariam32 Weekend vacation with the family
I had a very pleasant stay at this hotel. Front desk agent at check in and check out were very nice.
July 27, 2015
Rated 5 out of 5 by Sarah17 Gem of a hotel in a great location
This was my first stay at the Sheraton Commander and I was very impressed. When I arrived I was pleasantly surprised that I was upgraded to a club level room. The room was lovely and quiet, and much larger than I expected. It was immaculate and very comfortable, with an updated bathroom and pretty views as well.
The staff was very friendly and helpful, and it was nice to have access to the club lounge for a quick snack and breakfast during my stay.
The location is wonderful as well. It is a very short walk to Harvard Yard and the T stop is only a few minutes away.
I would definitely recommend this hotel and will look forward to staying there the next time I go to Boston.
July 19, 2015
Rated 1 out of 5 by Professor2016 I'll never stay there again
I realize that these are my errors due to my own ignorance, but to be clear:
- The drain was stopped up on the second day. It was fixed, but continued to be sluggish throughout my stay.
- I received a voice message while there (probably to tell me that the drain had been fixed), but the voice mail never worked. So, I never retrieved the message. What's the point of having voice mail if your hotel voice mail system doesn't work?
- I can't believe that I was charged for drinking the bottle water in the room. Since it's not labeled that the guest will be billed, I thought it was complimentary. Considering how expensive the room rate is, I can't believe you charge your guests for this. You really should make it clear that this is an extra cost.
- I see numerous charges for Restaurant - $2. I'm assuming it's for the gratuity in the complimentary breakfast bar. To be clear, I did not intend this to be charged to my room. In fact, I left $2 in cash, and it was not my intent to tip the server $4 dollars. This represents approximately $30 in unintended charges for me.
- Speaking of unintended charges, there's also a charge (see 6-20-2015, #2786) for $5. There's no way I intended to leave this. Your server took the liberty of making my $2 gratuity into $5.
You lost a customer, Starwood. I'll never stay at any of your hotels again and particularly this one.
June 29, 2015
Rated 5 out of 5 by Conley03 Great Location
The rooms are large, and the service was excellent.
June 29, 2015
Rated 5 out of 5 by Beefcake1 Quiet Cambridge
Lovely property with a proper staute of the Commander at the front door. Very peaceful evenings here. Excellent breakfast for SPG folks upstairs. Boston is small, so easy to get to the downtown, Seaport area just jumping on the subway. There is an easy subway entrance two blocks away. Lovely neighborhood for evening strolls as well. Easy to check out the Harvard Yard. Avoid the triangle intersection on the Harvard campus when driving to this hotel. Tell you GPS to take an alternate route. That intersection is a freak show of traffic.
May 29, 2015
Rated 5 out of 5 by Suge134 All staff members are excellent.
Particularly the front desk services.
April 24, 2015
Rated 4 out of 5 by Dom30 Great Experience and Customer Service
I typically don't stay at Sheraton properties, but the location was ideal for our needs. Overall, the customer service was above par and SPG recognition was immediately noticeable. If I had to stay in Cambridge, I would certainly return and/or recommend to anyone due to the location and customer service.
April 10, 2015
Rated 5 out of 5 by NewfieGirl Exceptional service.
Sheraton Commander is our home away from home when visiting our daughter at Harvard. During our current visit we needed to change rooms due to an issue with the thermostat control. Our bags were moved for us while we were out and about. When we entered our new room I found a jewelry case that I had inadvertently left in the back of a drawer in our first room. Needless to say, I am thankful and very impressed that the staff took the time to verify that all drawers were empty.
March 29, 2015