Rated 5 out of 5 by NewCanaanHector Great Hotel!
Parking is expensive, but then, it is Boston!
The ONLY thing that is in URGENT need of updating are the elevators.
And, possibly, the lighting. Starts to look dated.
Great Staff and excellent experience.
September 29, 2015
Rated 5 out of 5 by Flora Feel Welcomed as a SPG Gold Member
We booked two double rooms in April for a August trip. When we checked, we were surprised by the automatic upgrade of both double rooms to suites because of our early reservation and gold membership. We felt welcomed and well treated. The staff was very responsive in giving advice on tours and information. Maps provided by them were excellent. One drawback was the ventilation was too close to one of the bed so we needed to use pillow to fend off the air.
September 5, 2015
Rated 5 out of 5 by Paul1975 Amazing
Absolutely amazing hotel with a great location, beautiful suites, excellent choice in the Club Lounge.
August 19, 2015
Rated 5 out of 5 by Mariam32 Weekend vacation with the family
I had a very pleasant stay at this hotel. Front desk agent at check in and check out were very nice.
July 27, 2015
Rated 5 out of 5 by Sarah17 Gem of a hotel in a great location
This was my first stay at the Sheraton Commander and I was very impressed. When I arrived I was pleasantly surprised that I was upgraded to a club level room. The room was lovely and quiet, and much larger than I expected. It was immaculate and very comfortable, with an updated bathroom and pretty views as well.
The staff was very friendly and helpful, and it was nice to have access to the club lounge for a quick snack and breakfast during my stay.
The location is wonderful as well. It is a very short walk to Harvard Yard and the T stop is only a few minutes away.
I would definitely recommend this hotel and will look forward to staying there the next time I go to Boston.
July 19, 2015
Rated 1 out of 5 by Professor2016 I'll never stay there again
I realize that these are my errors due to my own ignorance, but to be clear:
- The drain was stopped up on the second day. It was fixed, but continued to be sluggish throughout my stay.
- I received a voice message while there (probably to tell me that the drain had been fixed), but the voice mail never worked. So, I never retrieved the message. What's the point of having voice mail if your hotel voice mail system doesn't work?
- I can't believe that I was charged for drinking the bottle water in the room. Since it's not labeled that the guest will be billed, I thought it was complimentary. Considering how expensive the room rate is, I can't believe you charge your guests for this. You really should make it clear that this is an extra cost.
- I see numerous charges for Restaurant - $2. I'm assuming it's for the gratuity in the complimentary breakfast bar. To be clear, I did not intend this to be charged to my room. In fact, I left $2 in cash, and it was not my intent to tip the server $4 dollars. This represents approximately $30 in unintended charges for me.
- Speaking of unintended charges, there's also a charge (see 6-20-2015, #2786) for $5. There's no way I intended to leave this. Your server took the liberty of making my $2 gratuity into $5.
You lost a customer, Starwood. I'll never stay at any of your hotels again and particularly this one.
June 29, 2015
Rated 5 out of 5 by Conley03 Great Location
The rooms are large, and the service was excellent.
June 28, 2015
Rated 5 out of 5 by Beefcake1 Quiet Cambridge
Lovely property with a proper staute of the Commander at the front door. Very peaceful evenings here. Excellent breakfast for SPG folks upstairs. Boston is small, so easy to get to the downtown, Seaport area just jumping on the subway. There is an easy subway entrance two blocks away. Lovely neighborhood for evening strolls as well. Easy to check out the Harvard Yard. Avoid the triangle intersection on the Harvard campus when driving to this hotel. Tell you GPS to take an alternate route. That intersection is a freak show of traffic.
May 29, 2015