Rated 5 out of 5 by Moonlight666 excellence is the standard
I have stayed at this hotel on numerous occasions.
1. Wonderful beds and pillows
2. Staff are helpful and pleasant-and I mean all staff: front desk, house keeping, restaurant, lounge and club staff.
3. Good food- always prepared with presentation, quality and taste above the norm. Pizzas, burgers, steak sandwich, salads, soups-all beat the competition- and I have eaten at all of them. Love the new outdoor patio. The Starbucks coffee shop is another great feature.
4. Club room is nice. Fantastic coffee machine. Great place to work in the afternoon or evening if required.
5. Although not part of the hotel per se, taxi service is virtually always there. Much appreciated when I am in a rush in the morning or off to the airport.
6. Love the rooms facing the river valley and glad all the renovations are virtually finished. The hotel has been transformed.
7. Things are never perfect all the time. At times when something was not right, staff were quick to address the issue in a positive manner.
8. Really, what more can one expect ?
June 9, 2015
Rated 4 out of 5 by CurlerDoc Opportunity for improvement
The Sheraton Club is a great idea but compared to many other hotels offering similar amenities leaves much to be desired.
1. The hours are quite restrictive for both morning breakfast and evening snacks.
2. The fruit is removed when the evening snacks are put out. The choices are severely limited for eg. 3 different types of pizza or 3 different types of flat bread.
3. Cheese and vegetables would be nice to always be available with the other hors d'oeurves. 4. The coffee machine was broken.
March 29, 2015
Rated 5 out of 5 by Ada68 Great hotel and staff
Fab experience. Nice modern clean rooms in a super location.
February 11, 2015
Rated 3 out of 5 by pear Hotel clean and nice, room dissappointing.
Hotel according to staff was fairly quiet however we were given a tiny room right next to elevator which sounded like people walking and talking right in our room. Window facing brick wall on roof, screen full of pigeon feathers. Double bed rather than queen. Scarlet restraunt mediocre.
January 3, 2015
Rated 1 out of 5 by carlita79 Uhhappy, dissapointed
Working in the industry I do, I have always had guests, employees stay at the Sheraton Downtown Saskatoon. When my daughter told me that all she wanted for her 12 bday was to stay there, I thought great, somewhere I know and like.
I was wrong, in getting there I had the wrong requested room, got moved. I had called previous to ask if I had three guests come swimming if there would be a charge the response was "no, not at all Ms. Delgado, usually it's about an extra 5 per kid, but you are fine" We get to the pool and the very haughty manager tells me that there is no food allowed, I apologized and explained I had called and asked prior to coming and she responded with "well I guess so" and walked away. Then she comes back and said I will have to charge you for the three extra kids you have here. Again I went to explain that I had called and asked before I came and instead of her saying, oh I'm sorry I will have to talk to someone, her response was "well I will still have to charge you, but I will try and give you a deal" to say the least I was very disappointed in her responses and the way she dealt with the customer. I went to pay for the bill prior to leaving the pool and no discount was given, and to charge 15 for a child is outrageous! I once again went to explain that the person we had JUST spoken to had said we would get 50% off and the new girls response was well I have to charge you what she said, and this is what she said. disappointment and a bit of anger is how I would describe my experience at the pool. At last minute one of the girls came back and said she talked to a different manager and she could at least take a kid off and that's the deal they could give me.
I went on to the restaurant and the server was amazing, ordered a "special" drink for my daughter - bad sour juice, took 20 minutes for the next drink ( a milkshake) to come out.. honestly by that point I didn't even have the energy to say anything, paid and left.
The only recognition I'd like to make, was the very pleasant person at the front that once she asked me how my stay was at check out and I gave her the readers digest version, she was quick to delete the pool and restaurant bills, which were greatly appreciated. Next time, I will go to Lakewood pool and save my 10,000 points to stay there, when I have a perfectly, lovely home and will definitely think twice before I suggest to other to use the Sheraton - for my work and meetings. If there is miscommunication between departments, the training should be put in place that if a customer goes on to explain why there was food and three extra children that as a "customer service" you should try your best to accommodate the guest and take the discussion internally not how it was handled.
December 3, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by Brent64 The place to stay whether it's for business or pleasure
Stayed at the Sheraton Cavalier in Saskatoon for business. The staff at the Sheraton is well trained and make your stay enjoyable and no hassles. The room I stayed in are modern, functional and comfortable. Lots of plug ins for all your electronic devices. Club lounge was nice to have some appetizers, drink and relax after a long day. Had a burger at the new Scarlets, good burger! It has a great view of the park across the street. Looking forward to have a beer on the deck when they finish it in spring. Dale Grant the manager and Justin Brown-assist manager were great in taking care of teir guests. I will definately stay here again because they value their guest and make your stay perfect!
November 26, 2014
Rated 4 out of 5 by Norm14 Great hotel
Sheratan are always good, but the Cavalier Saskatoon is Very good.
November 20, 2014
Rated 4 out of 5 by George5412tina Fire alarm went off
Friday....at 2 AM....the fire alarm went off....after that my sleep was not good....was not offered any compensation.
So what do you offer ?
Thanks Tim in Lloydminster
November 15, 2014