Rated 2 out of 5 by Fabi1 This hotel can do better
Regretfully, but necessary I need to express some of the issues encountered during my stay at this hotel, for the most part I would say that it is an average hotel but than again I didn't used much of the hotel to find out what's wrong with, it has one small restaurant that except for breakfast doesn't offer you a lot of options, dinner menu extremely limited and not very impressive, found lots of ants in my room, and most disturbing issue is that the only day that we decided not to dine out and have room service, we found out that the hotel doesn't offer room service, I mean they have a menu and all but according to the person on the phone they don't offer room service, instead they have a fridge in the lobby area with cold sandwiches, oh that someone forgot to stock it that night, so needless to say that was a inconvenience, somewhat disappointed!
In regards of service I would like to say that my servers Tatiana (breakfast) and I hope I'm getting right( Goose)my dinner server especially goose did a great job awesome service outgoing and interactive
July 16, 2015
Rated 5 out of 5 by santri1969 Good KeyWest property
We stayed with family for about a week in KeyWest and had a lot of fun with beach, water sports, biking and of course overall keywest. Hotel is good but a little run down, nevertheless it was family fun and very enjoyable. Excellent staff for breakfast.
July 12, 2015
Rated 3 out of 5 by Stressed83 Bait and Switch
I called for a reservation for an oceanfront room and was told a room was available. I made the reservation and when we arrived at the hotel, I was given a pool view room. We waited outside (in the 90 degree heat), at the dining tables, while it took over an hour for the room to be ready. We had brought our dog, so we couldn't take the dog into the inside restaurant to wait. There is no air-conditioning in the elevator. The walk to get to the room was extremely long and taxed the lungs of my 83-year old husband who suffers from COPD. We had to request a different room that was closer to the elevator. The bellboy did bring a wheelchair that was almost impossible to roll and had no rests for the feet/legs. I rolled my husband to the new room. We found it was not cool enough and there was no electrical outlet that we could find for his oxygen concentrator. I finally found an electrical outlet behind the television in the bedroom. Luckily, the electrical cord was long enough to reach where my husband was sleeping. This was a designated "Handicapped room". The experience was so stressful that we left the next morning, instead of staying two more days. My husband could hardly breathe because he was so stressed out from this situation. He has traveled all over the world and never experienced anything like this check-in process. If you make a reservation for an oceanfront room, be sure to check the e-mail to see if it says pool view or ocean view. This hotel may meet your needs since the room was clean and lovely. However, if you are handicapped, you will need to ask lots of questions over the phone to make sure they can meet your needs with their accommodations.
July 1, 2015
Rated 4 out of 5 by jk7321 Key West hotel
I stayed at ther Sheraton at the employee rate, as I work at a Miami area Starwood property. The staff was pleasant, the room was clean, and the food was better than expected. Overall we were happy with our stay. Two things I would change are:
1. There are not many electrical outlets in the room. Also, we could not find an electrical outlet in the bathroom. A hairdryer was provided, but you could not do this in the bathroom vanity area. I would suggest adding an outlet to the vanity area and another outlet in the living room area.
2. Late night Room Service menu-I would suggest not offering this service. I have found more times than not, there are never meals to be had. When I called our second night, it was about 10 pm and everything was out except a frozen pizza option in the Gift Shop. I have worked at numerous hotels that offer this "limited" menu, and it ends up hurting you more than it helps much of the time.
Overall, we were happy, and we would stay again. Thank you!
June 30, 2015
Rated 4 out of 5 by AKC33 Resort prices but a regular hotel feel
I stayed at this hotel over Memorial Day weekend. Overall its a nice hotel. Friendly staff, nice facilities, excellent breakfast buffet. I didn't use the pool but it appeared well maintained. Smathers Beach is literally across the street (it's like going across to your neighbors house, it's that close). There are a few food trucks there as well if you don't want to pay resort prices. The beach has chairs & umbrellas for rent (not through Sheraton). And there is a shuttle that takes you to downtown (which is about 15 min ride).
Tip: Bring your own bottled water & snacks. Although not allowed by the pool, there aren't that many places in walking distance and you'll appreciate having something to take to the beach. The resort charges ~$5/bottle and only gives 2 bottles/room/day for free (even to platinum members)
- Didn't offer luggage assistance: For a resort, I think this is a must. I had quite a bit of luggage and had to manage on my own. If they do have it, they didn't offer it to me.
- Not a great layout: only the lobby and rooms are indoor. The hallways are all outdoor and it makes a square. Getting acclimated is challenging.
- Shuttle: The shuttle was overall good but on Sunday 5/24, the late night shuttle was smaller and we had to wait a longer period to get back. I get that it was a Sunday but it's a holiday weekend. Need to be better prepared
- Painting: on Monday 5/25, hotel decided that was a good time to paint the steps to the lobby. With the crowds, I think they could have picked a less busy time to do that. Not a deal breaker for me but worth mentioning.
- Internet: resort fee includes internet and it works just ok but many resorts offer upgraded internet for a fee or free to platinum members. This hotel did not. I would recommend they add it.
May 29, 2015
Rated 5 out of 5 by Tony1645 great management team
My wife and I stayed here for 6 days and were greatly satisfied with the staff and surroundings. Max ,at the concierge desk was very,very helpful. Johnathan at the main desk, was always friendly and smiling. We had a slight problem from noise at 4:30 one morning and the problem was quickly resolved. Brandon and Goose from the restaurant area were more than helpful. Thanks Tony C.
May 21, 2015
Rated 5 out of 5 by isabrod5 anniversary visit
My boyfriend and I arrived at the Sheraton Suites Key West on a tuesday at around 1pm, our reservation stated we would be arriving after 11pm. Our schedule changed and they were able to accomadate and checked us in right away, the room was spacious and had a nice balcony with view to the pool. The parking was easily accesible and complimentary and they had a shuttle from the hotel to Duval St. every 15 minutes. Fabien at the front desk was great and sent us a very thoughtful ammenity for our anniversary. It was a lovely stay and im looking forward to coming back.
May 8, 2015
Rated 2 out of 5 by Ruby63 This hotel was disappointing.
Shower was stopped up for 3 days.Drawer on table was broken on table and hung down.Chair covers were dirty with spots on them.Over charged at checkout $75.I called when I got home,was put on hold,then went to a recording,then had to send a email.Waiting on response.
April 25, 2015