Rated 5 out of 5 by Jeanne1946 Jeannes Review
Dear Key West Sheraton Suites Management -
Our stay at your facility was very much over-the-top on our satisfaction meter.
A special Thank You to Jonathan at the front desk, Frank the shuttle driver and the other shuttle driver David. These guys are absolutely fabulous as they went way above our expectations. One person in our party is disabled and uses an electric scooter to get around. We received all the assistance we needed to transport the scooter from the Key West Express terminal to your property and back.
The rooms were very clean and comfortable. The food was very good and well prepared.
We will be sure to highly recommend your property to all of our friends!
Please make sure that your staff receives the proper credit for all of their efforts. They truly do deserve it!!
November 21, 2015
Rated 4 out of 5 by Chaz28 Food and beverage
Very disappointed in food offered. Clean rooms and good service, however Breakfast waitresses were rude and unhelpful, especially the blond waitress with an accent, and the blond supervisor with no accent. Ordering an omelet was a nightmare, and the last day it took 45 minutes to get. I wrote comments on the check; I stopped going to breakfast because of their rudeness. Happy hour was also very restricted.
November 21, 2015
Rated 2 out of 5 by Fabi1 This hotel can do better
Regretfully, but necessary I need to express some of the issues encountered during my stay at this hotel, for the most part I would say that it is an average hotel but than again I didn't used much of the hotel to find out what's wrong with, it has one small restaurant that except for breakfast doesn't offer you a lot of options, dinner menu extremely limited and not very impressive, found lots of ants in my room, and most disturbing issue is that the only day that we decided not to dine out and have room service, we found out that the hotel doesn't offer room service, I mean they have a menu and all but according to the person on the phone they don't offer room service, instead they have a fridge in the lobby area with cold sandwiches, oh that someone forgot to stock it that night, so needless to say that was a inconvenience, somewhat disappointed!
In regards of service I would like to say that my servers Tatiana (breakfast) and I hope I'm getting right( Goose)my dinner server especially goose did a great job awesome service outgoing and interactive
July 16, 2015
Rated 5 out of 5 by santri1969 Good KeyWest property
We stayed with family for about a week in KeyWest and had a lot of fun with beach, water sports, biking and of course overall keywest. Hotel is good but a little run down, nevertheless it was family fun and very enjoyable. Excellent staff for breakfast.
July 12, 2015
Rated 3 out of 5 by Stressed83 Bait and Switch
I called for a reservation for an oceanfront room and was told a room was available. I made the reservation and when we arrived at the hotel, I was given a pool view room. We waited outside (in the 90 degree heat), at the dining tables, while it took over an hour for the room to be ready. We had brought our dog, so we couldn't take the dog into the inside restaurant to wait. There is no air-conditioning in the elevator. The walk to get to the room was extremely long and taxed the lungs of my 83-year old husband who suffers from COPD. We had to request a different room that was closer to the elevator. The bellboy did bring a wheelchair that was almost impossible to roll and had no rests for the feet/legs. I rolled my husband to the new room. We found it was not cool enough and there was no electrical outlet that we could find for his oxygen concentrator. I finally found an electrical outlet behind the television in the bedroom. Luckily, the electrical cord was long enough to reach where my husband was sleeping. This was a designated "Handicapped room". The experience was so stressful that we left the next morning, instead of staying two more days. My husband could hardly breathe because he was so stressed out from this situation. He has traveled all over the world and never experienced anything like this check-in process. If you make a reservation for an oceanfront room, be sure to check the e-mail to see if it says pool view or ocean view. This hotel may meet your needs since the room was clean and lovely. However, if you are handicapped, you will need to ask lots of questions over the phone to make sure they can meet your needs with their accommodations.
July 1, 2015
Rated 4 out of 5 by jk7321 Key West hotel
I stayed at ther Sheraton at the employee rate, as I work at a Miami area Starwood property. The staff was pleasant, the room was clean, and the food was better than expected. Overall we were happy with our stay. Two things I would change are:
1. There are not many electrical outlets in the room. Also, we could not find an electrical outlet in the bathroom. A hairdryer was provided, but you could not do this in the bathroom vanity area. I would suggest adding an outlet to the vanity area and another outlet in the living room area.
2. Late night Room Service menu-I would suggest not offering this service. I have found more times than not, there are never meals to be had. When I called our second night, it was about 10 pm and everything was out except a frozen pizza option in the Gift Shop. I have worked at numerous hotels that offer this "limited" menu, and it ends up hurting you more than it helps much of the time.
Overall, we were happy, and we would stay again. Thank you!
June 30, 2015
Rated 4 out of 5 by AKC33 Resort prices but a regular hotel feel
I stayed at this hotel over Memorial Day weekend. Overall its a nice hotel. Friendly staff, nice facilities, excellent breakfast buffet. I didn't use the pool but it appeared well maintained. Smathers Beach is literally across the street (it's like going across to your neighbors house, it's that close). There are a few food trucks there as well if you don't want to pay resort prices. The beach has chairs & umbrellas for rent (not through Sheraton). And there is a shuttle that takes you to downtown (which is about 15 min ride).
Tip: Bring your own bottled water & snacks. Although not allowed by the pool, there aren't that many places in walking distance and you'll appreciate having something to take to the beach. The resort charges ~$5/bottle and only gives 2 bottles/room/day for free (even to platinum members)
- Didn't offer luggage assistance: For a resort, I think this is a must. I had quite a bit of luggage and had to manage on my own. If they do have it, they didn't offer it to me.
- Not a great layout: only the lobby and rooms are indoor. The hallways are all outdoor and it makes a square. Getting acclimated is challenging.
- Shuttle: The shuttle was overall good but on Sunday 5/24, the late night shuttle was smaller and we had to wait a longer period to get back. I get that it was a Sunday but it's a holiday weekend. Need to be better prepared
- Painting: on Monday 5/25, hotel decided that was a good time to paint the steps to the lobby. With the crowds, I think they could have picked a less busy time to do that. Not a deal breaker for me but worth mentioning.
- Internet: resort fee includes internet and it works just ok but many resorts offer upgraded internet for a fee or free to platinum members. This hotel did not. I would recommend they add it.
May 29, 2015
Rated 5 out of 5 by Tony1645 great management team
My wife and I stayed here for 6 days and were greatly satisfied with the staff and surroundings. Max ,at the concierge desk was very,very helpful. Johnathan at the main desk, was always friendly and smiling. We had a slight problem from noise at 4:30 one morning and the problem was quickly resolved. Brandon and Goose from the restaurant area were more than helpful. Thanks Tony C.
May 21, 2015