Rated 2 out of 5 by John Double billed for stay
An excellent hotel, however, my stay was marred by the fact that I was double billed for my stay. The accounting department assured me that the error was corrected, but the monies will not be returned to my account for 5-7 business days. I don't have time to chase down these issues, so the whole experience was extremely disappointing. I have to stay in the area again on March 2, however, I am leaning towards booking with a different hotel.
February 19, 2013
Rated 3 out of 5 by NotHappy1 Not satisified
Not satisfied with the room.
February 18, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by Traveller Excellent Experience
I got the room with my starwood membership - got bumped up automatically to club - it was a great experience.
Best part indoor pool for my kids
Just the hotel itself - have to see
February 18, 2013
Rated 4 out of 5 by Antonio Location & health club make this a great stay
We overnighted enroute to Newark Airport. Starwood recognition was not great as the property was SRO. The lounge, on the other hand, is fantastic c/w two large flat screen computers. The other highlight of our stay was the Atlantis health club c/w 2 rooms of Nautilus equipment and a decent pool.
February 17, 2013
Rated 4 out of 5 by Joanie Valentine's Surprise
Beautiful hotel with an awesome gym and pool... Restaurant prices were a little higher than expected... Way to many children running around the hotel unsupervised ...
Otherwise, good for the money...
February 17, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by FrankT Couple of greats
Great location, good food, great amenities
February 11, 2013
Rated 2 out of 5 by michelle31 Needs some work
Hotel is beautiful from the outside. However once you enter your room it's a different story. There were 2 large and and newly unidentifiable stains on the carpet. When I asked the front desk to have it looked at by cleaning team next day, nothing was ever done about it. As well in my rooms window sill I found 2 open bottles of mustard and mayo. Which leaves me to believe the sills aren't wiped down before the next occupant. Other then that sheets on bed, pillow cases and mattress pad looked clean.
Now the resturant in the hotel - Jester's court I believe it was called. We walked right in and were told to sit anywhere, took 5-10 before WE had to asked to be served. It then took 10 more minutes to come and get our order, which is ok, IF you are busy. We never got refills on drinks unless we asked and then sometimes there we were forgotten for 10-15 mins or until we got up and went to the bar to get refills on water or soda.
The 2nd night of our stay after going out for dinner we decided to have drinks in the bar, which clearly states that they were open until 2am. Well about 11:45p we were asked to close our taps, when we asked if they were opened until 2p the waiter advised he would like to leave and go home to his children(Which I have children, but at my place of employeement were I make money for my company, i would never shut it down early) Besides we were a pretty good size group and we spent a large amount of money in the time we were in there and would have continued.
February 8, 2013
Rated 4 out of 5 by Jeff Room comfort needs improvement
While the room was nice I found the bed wore out. It was quite possibly the worse mattress I have ever slept on. I found information welcoming me to the new and improved Sheraton Parisippany New Jersey hotel detailing all of the renovations that have taken place over the course of the last year including rooms as the last item. Well, unfortunately my room "514" was apparently left out of that renovation
February 4, 2013
Rated 4 out of 5 Nice Big Rooms, Sub Par Food
The rooms are very large and nice. In room wi-fi is not usable. The food is really bad and the food service staff in the resturant were terribly slow.
January 31, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by RTC25 Needs a mini-fridge
The room itself was sufficient, however the closet size was a little small. I also think that a room of that caliber should offer a mini-fridge as well.
January 30, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by Kevin57 Poor wait staff in Bar.
On saterdaynight around 6-6:30 PM. We were in the bar and sat there for 20 minutes and know one would come and take our order. There were people at the Bar getting service, but they would not even look at us sitting at a table. We even tried to flag them down and they (girl) just kept on walking. Very disapointing. we left and went somewhere else to eat and drink.
January 28, 2013
Rated 3 out of 5 by BoRP My stays for the last few months
Just wanted to give you some constructive feedback:
(1) When Mary is in the Club Lounge in the morning everything seems to work smoothly - when she is not around everything seems chaotic
(2) In the evenings the Club Lounge seems to close very early, the food selection is poor and if you arive at 7pm you will probably only get dessert... Compared to Sheraton in Universal City, CA the evenings are very poor
(3) Monthly SPG get-together last week was bizarre - good snacks and wine but only one person from the hotel said hello to us - the rest didn;t even acknowkledge our existence...
(4) The quality of the food in the restaurant bar is appalling...
January 28, 2013
Rated 1 out of 5 by Farid Very noisy AC/Heating system
I could not sleep all nite until I shut off the heating system?? Unpleasant stay????
January 27, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by Wilber27 Bathrooms could use work
Some bathtubs drain slowly or not at all. Shower head is too low and water pressure is too low.
January 27, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by JaNu22 Great Hotel
The staff is very friendly, the rooms are comfortable.
January 23, 2013
Rated 4 out of 5 by angelo528 Hotel has great features
The fitness center was batter then our expectations room was very nice
January 21, 2013
Rated 4 out of 5 by LNNJ Not Geared Towards Families
We went for a mini stay-cation with my kids over MLKJr day weekend. Our goal: swim in the pool, watch a movie in the room, eat at the hotel and just play with our kids for a whole day and night. Unfortunately, the Sheraton made this a bit difficult for us.
1. No rooms to suit. We have two young kids that don't sleep well together (one kicks when she's out, the other talks in his sleep). We need two beds for them (ie, one for us, one for one of them and a pull-out couch would be perfect). The only way to get this was to pay to be on the club floor. OK, we were happy to do that since you are paying extra for the club lounge with snacks all day and breakfast too. We figured it was worth it. Nowhere was it advertised that they don't allow kids!!! We almost booked and I just happened to think to call. So - no reason to pay for the extra amenities if they'd let us into the lounge but not the kids! How were they supposed to eat breakfast?? We asked if we could bring breakfast back to our room for them, but no, they wouldn't allow that either. So, we had to stay on a regular floor where there are no extra beds for them. Isn't there a suit, I asked? Yes, there is, it has a pull-out too, but only two people are allowed in there. Now, tell me - what sense is it to have a suite with a pull-out couch that you could never use because they only allow two people?!?!?! Bizarre.
2. The pool area. It was super nice to have an indoor pool for the kids to play in. It's cold, though, in the winter especially, and even after swimming for just a bit you get cold. They keep the temp low for their health club members who want to work out. That's not great for kids, but ok, no problem. We specifically booked this hotel because there is a hot tub by the pool. So the kids could dip in, warm up, and go back to swimming. But wait! Upon getting there we see the big NO KIDS sign at the hot tub. No kids at all. I figured maybe they kept it too hot and were worried about little ones heating up too fast in there, I guess, but no. It's really that they don't want kids around the grown-ups. When I asked if my quiet and extremely well-behaved child could sit by me at the hot tub and dip just his feet in to warm up, the answer was NO. No feet in at all. It has nothing to do with the water, there is a cold tub there too and NO LITTLE FEET IN THE COLD TUB EITHER. It's simply a no-kids allowed policy that makes staying there NO FUN if you have a family. We were EXTREMELY disappointed. No where on the website or anywhere else did it prepare us for the fact that kids just really aren't that welcomed at this hotel.
3. Dinner. So the hotel restaurant was closed (on a Saturday night!!) and we had to eat at their pub. That means loads of tvs with various sporting games on. Our kids don't watch tv almost at all. We wanted to have a nice family dinner and talk to each other. Instead, the tvs sucked them in and it was a constant battle to get their attention back. The food was the next problem. They had stuff on the menu for kids (just no hot dogs or mac-n-cheese) but it was pretty subpar considering the cost. It was all WAY overpriced. We're talking about a $10 grilled cheese sandwich - velveeta on white bread with fries. For grown-ups - $26 for chicken, $34 for steak. And remember, you're sitting in a pub with tvs all around, a bar, and tables that don't even have linens on them. So - where's the pub food? It is not an exaggeration to say that for two adults and two children we ended up paying as much for our dinner than our room! And, no, I didn't order the steak I wanted and only one person had a drink. The rest of us settled for water. Not very family friendly.
The good news: they allow dogs (a BIG plus!!) and breakfast was yummy and totally suited to everyone.
Don't get me wrong. This might be a fine hotel for an adult or a couple, but if you've got kids, just know that they don't really make it very easy on families.
January 21, 2013
Rated 3 out of 5 by BusinessTraveler97 Needs Improvement
Areas needed for improvement:
(1) my room was not available at check-in time when I was told that it was "guaranteed" to be ready by 3:00 p.m ., where I waited 4 hours for the room at the hotel instead of being immediately switched to another room due to poor communication by the staff, who seemed more inclined to shut down my expressions of frustrations rather than admitting clear errors made;
(2) room service desesert - some fruit had mold on it;
(3) ordered breakfast that took 1.75 hours for delivery (where the food was probably made shortly after I placed my order as the food was cold and potatoes were old and chewy when they arrived); and
(4) terrible work chairs - not ergonomically supportive.
Moldy dessert and delayed breakfast delivery were comped but those types of miss steps should not happen at all.
I may return because of the convenient of the location of the hotel. That is the only reason I recommend this hotel.
January 18, 2013
Rated 3 out of 5 by TheWhale050 Nice Hotel - Bathroom Issues
Our company has a divisional office nearby and I've stayed here a few times. The rooom was very nice, as was the staff. The problems were in the bathrooom. I'm tall and using the commode was interesting as it appears that it is shorter than a standard height. At least it worked! The other issue was that the tub was clogged, and as I showered, it began filling up with dirty water. I informed the Front Desk and they were very apologetic.
January 16, 2013
Rated 4 out of 5 by d544 A couple of Issue
Housekeeping was slow to deliver perhaps because it was a weekend.
AC/heating system kept switching between hot/cold. Room got hot ac seemed to kick in and the air smelled
January 14, 2013
Rated 3 out of 5 by Poonam Hotel room service needs improvement
Every time I have stayed here, the room service has been terrible. The room delivery times for dinner has been terrible, ranging from a minimum of 45 mins to 2 hours. The restaurant dining experience isn't much better either. The place desperately needs more or improved staffing.
January 13, 2013
Rated 3 out of 5 by Offal Go only for fitness centre
Average - at best - Sheraton. The one redeeming quality is a 24/7, high-quality, fitness centre.
January 12, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by pgs1travel Hotel is awesome
I am a member of the Atlantis Club as well. The people make this hotel as well as the hotel itself.
January 12, 2013
Rated 4 out of 5 by Fedsales The castle
Should recognize platinum members when they check in
January 11, 2013
Rated 4 out of 5 by SQBCT Overall Quite Happy
I recently stayed at this hotel for a Cat Show. While the Facility was Guest & Pet Friendly I do have a FEW suggestions...
Refrigerators & Micro's IN-ROOM.. would be REALLY Helpful....I traveled with my 90yr. Mother, & a WHITE PERSIAN....
While the Room, ESPECIALLY UNDER the BED,(where My WHITE Persian chose to Sleep, was SPOTLESS..NOT a SPEC of DUST on HER....NEVER needed to refresh coat.... Th INROOM Comfort would have received the SAME "CUDOS"
IF We were able to have Refrigeration for Meds,Raw Cat Food, & a MICRO for dinner After the late event ending WITHOUT the $30.00 per day Charge.....You see the Resturant is ONLY open for Breakfast, The ONLY FOOD available is the PUB..."WAY TO EXPENSIVE" & REALLY BAD FOOD...Was a LITTLE inconvenient to "GO OUT for Dinner, as You signed a release that You "COULD NOT" leave Your pet alone in room....Would LOSE Both $50.00 Pet DEPOSIT, & HOTEL IF VIOLATION was Discovered, ALSO Management WOULD TAKE PET....SORRY Love the Hotel & Convenience of Show at same Location...BUT NOT POLICY...SORRY...
January 7, 2013
Rated 4 out of 5 by CJones1932 Good hotel-Room Service needs help
This was a beautiful hotel and the staff was awesome. Only issues were 1)the room svc food delivered to me was cold, 2) the heater is too loud turning off and on! Literally wakes you up out of your sleep and scared me when I was awake. 3) The main door outside the room was very loud when slamming shut so I was awaken from my sleep from that.
January 6, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by VonG Suburb hotel
My first time experience was great, I would deffinately stay there again. My kids loved it just the fact that it is a castle they haven't stop talking about it. Excellent location to get around jersey and New York City. And the amenities are a deffinate plus. thank you sharaton!
January 3, 2013
Rated 3 out of 5 by JAT1 KING BED & CHECK IN
I REQUESTED A KING SIZE BED ON MY RESERVATION. UPON CHECKING IN NONE WERE AVAILABLE. I WAS NOT HAPPY EVEN THOUGH I WAS TOLD THAT IF I WAITED A 1/2 HR ONE MIGHT BE AVAILABLE. i CHOSE NOT TO WAIT.
CHECK IN LINES WERE TOO LONG AND TIME CONSUMING. THERE SHOULD NEVER BE A CHECK IN LINE.
January 3, 2013
Rated 2 out of 5 by Neededtovent61 No housekeeping
Me and my family stayed three out of four nights at this hotel. We are on our third night with one night to go. i felt the need to write this review based on our stay so far. The first night we checked in late so the room was nice and clean which is why i gave a 4 star in comfort. By the second full night, house keeping had not come in to clean replace towels make the bed(i dont really have a problem making my own bed but if you going to clean and make somebody elses bed in the same hotel, dont overlook someone else paying to stay at that same hotel). We came in on our third night and the bed was not made, the trash cans were full from the two previous nights, no change of towels, no replaced condiments ' etc. the first night they did not clean or do any housekeeping , they gave no reason. We got our own coffee brought up and figured they would not forget another day. By the third night, I called them after they overlooked our room again. They sent up housekeeping to clean our room by the time I was ready to take a shower and lay down to relax. I just asked them to empty the trash cans(which were full), leave some clean towels, and leave some coffee which the lady said she only had decaf coffee. I then called down and. Was told they would find me some coffee and have it brought up.
They brought up enough for three cups of coffee. I drink two. Cups at night and two cups in the morning, not counting what my husband drinks. Three cups. Was not enough. When I asked for more coffee form the front desk, they said they would send some up. When somebody came up, they brought creamer and sugar and told us we already were given coffee in a not really nice manner. Somebody should be told if there is a limit on the amount of coffee you are allowed per day. I then insisted on some more coffee for another three cups. Which was finally brought to us. The rooms is nice and I don't think we asked for anything other than the coffee out of the norm. We got one more full day and night, and I really don't think things will be any different tomorrow as far as past practices go. I never stayed at a place where they don't do some form of housekeeping and this is not a cheap hotel. The staff gave the excuses that they are really busy and that is the reason they have overlooked us the last two days. I don't recommend this hotel , will never stay here again not that it matters to a big hotel chain like Sheraton but I just had to vent , thanks for listening.
January 1, 2013
Rated 4 out of 5 by laur99 great hotel
Only complaint is that they charge for a refrig, and no microwave in room, good for a weekend away, we have done that numerous times but not for a week, prices for restaurant too high to stay extended.
December 31, 2012