Rated 5 out of 5 by vic52 Lovely hotel, accomadations, staff, and surroundings!
Perfect place for large groups! We come every year!!
March 12, 2013
Rated 4 out of 5 by Dollface66 Fantastic!
Upon arrival we were greeted by Anthony and Donna at the front desk with the best customer service I have encountered in some time. Throughout our stay the staff were unbelievably professional. The rooms were clean, the food good and the beds, well let me just say as soon I hit the bed I was out!
The pool was warm and CLEAN! I can go on forever as to how fantastic this hotel is! I would definitely return and tell others about it.
March 5, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by BDGuyFromSG Totally unforgettable stay! Will be back!
Chose to stay at Sheraton Mahwah because it is in one of the preferred hotels in my corporate list. Stayed for 2 weeks (18 Feb - 1 Mar), had a very memorable and totally unforgettable stay.
Am typing this in the room on 15th floor now, my last day of stay here, am kinda sad to leave here. Will give my reviews below:-
1) Room is very clean, well maintained. Bed and pillows are extremely clean and comfortable. Radio is a perfect daily companion. Coffee machine makes delicious Starbucks coffee! And everyday I get a complimentary bottle of purified water, clean sheets, tidied bed, fresh towels, etc. Absolutely fantastic, everyday I look forward to coming back to the clean and fragrant room. Oh, not forgetting I have a great view of the beautiful sunrise every morning... absolutely lovely!
2) Air conditioner/Heater is great. It's close to end of winter now, still chilly, but the heater works great. It comes with low fan and high fan options - high fan perfect to heat up the room fast when I get back from the chilly weather outside, low fan absolutely great for sleeping, warm yet not hot. High fan is a little noisy, but nothing disturbing.
3) Staff here are brilliant! Room service is quick and food served hot (Thank you John!). Restaurant staff are polite and friendly (I won't forget Lucy, still love your lovely hair and smile, hope you like the poem!). Cathy, the lady who prepares the breakfast at the club level almost every morning, is friendly and always smiling. Great to start the day with Cathy around. Front desk staff are generally nice (Thanks Jon for passing me the parcels I get everyday. Lisa, you'll look very pretty if you smile more. hehe). And not forgetting Marie, the friendly lady who drives me back to hotel from office almost every evening, thank you for being always so cheerful and chatty! And of course I thank every staff whose names I unfortunately did not note down! Thanks for making my stay unforgettable!
4) Limo service guy Boris is a very amiable elderly guy who has lived in US for 40+ years! haha, very friendly and chatty. Thanks Boris for sending me to and from Woodbury Common and JFK airport!
5) Laundry is quick! Able to get back nice and clean clothes within a day if send to front desk by 9am! Absolutely impressive! A little lint found on shirts, but nothing too unsightly.
6) Wifi reception is fantastic. Fast and reliable! I'm using the wifi to surf the net now.
7) Convenience/Gift shop is not spectacular, just a corner little shop on the mezzanine level, but contains everything you need, from toiletries to snacks to fruits to postcards to stamps! Everything you want! Friendly shop owner too. :)
1) A few glitches in the evening shuttle service. Need to keep better records of where/when to pick the guests. Christine, the Director of Rooms, personally emailed me to apologize though, after a colleague helped me call to complain. No biggie, forgiven! :)
2) No in-room safe. I need it to keep my valuables and passport. Don't prefer to leave them with the front desk safe.
3) Bathroom does not have sufficient shelf/cupboard top space to place toiletries.
Think that's all!
I wanna express my utmost gratitude to all the staff of Sheraton Mahwah for making my stay so memorable. I will be back again, at least once a year for work. Will definitely choose to stay at Sheraton Mahwah again because of you guys!
Can Lucy contact me? :P
February 28, 2013
Rated 4 out of 5 by Mary333 Sheraton Crossroads
Enjoyed this hotel. Staff is very friendly. Room was very clean - really liked the ECO Green idea. Just wished the restaurant or a gift store to pick up a few snacks was open since I arrived late nite Sunday. Enjoyed my stay here.
February 27, 2013
Rated 3 out of 5 by Lisa50 Need GO GREEN awards
I always stay at the Sheraton Mahwah Hotel when in town. I am surprised that they are not including the GO GREEN awards program for each room . I stayed on the 22nd floor with the club room, which had the best staff, friendly and will to help. The club room was very nice, but the room I stayed in 2224 needs improvements, the shower head, the chrome was pitted on the lamps and sink. The furniture is outdated, the ceiling needed to painted, but everything else was nice. Just some improvements.
February 26, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by familytrip clean and comforatble
Hotel was very nice. Only issue was that getting on and off the roads was a bit confusing.
February 19, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by Nurs07 Great stay
The staff was wonderful and accomodating. The facilities were great. Only issue was the smell of the rooms upon arrival. Either someone was smoking in our room or the room next to us, or it was the cleaning products they use. We kept the door open for a while and the smell got better, but never totally went away. Overall a great place!
February 19, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by Ed57 A gorgeous hotel
Very eye appealing hotel. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Any request I made was taken care of promptly.
February 19, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by FrequentTraveler13 FABULOUS HOTEL
Another fabulous stay. The staff is like family, very friendly and courteous. The junior suites have fabulous views and the club lounge is a treat. The staff at Fountain View are very friendly and helpful. This is a very beautiful hotel located amidst mountains. Choose this SPG property to experience the best and achieve tranquility.
February 18, 2013
Rated 4 out of 5 by Washman6044 enjoyed my stay
my wife and i enjoyed our pre valentines day stay. a last minute get away made at 3pm the same day we stayed. the club was excellent. the two ladies that hosted the club breakfast were pivotal in that assessment due to their helpfulness. My wife absolutely enjoyed the bed/ room set up.
February 16, 2013
Rated 3 out of 5 This Hotel use to be great,,,now its middle of the road
I asked for a large room... got a small room... Dog barking all night in the next room over...kids running around making noise....
put the kids and the dogs on there own floor
February 12, 2013
Rated 3 out of 5 by Guest Disappointed
The Fountain View breakfast was cold and no cook was on duty to prepare the eggs so they were hot. The sausages and bacon were also cold. I couldn't enjoy the French Toast because there was no sugar free syrup. I ate breakfast 2 out of the 3 days spend at the hotel as soon as the restaurant opened and the food should have been at it hottest point. The price was too high for the quality of the self serve breakfast. I elected to eat elsewhere on the 3rd day.
February 8, 2013
Rated 3 out of 5 by jen409 The hotel could use some improvement
1) I like that you have a parking deck - I don't like that it is poorly lit. I usually leave the hotel for work before the sun comes up and after it goes down, the parking deck just does not feel safe.
2) The showers and sinks drain poorly!
3) The doors are loud and poor sound proof - you can hear everything in the halls clearly, including the elevator ding, from your room.
4) There is usually at least one long dark hair in the bathroom every time I come - I am a blond.
5) coffee in the lobby would be a nice perk.
6) some rooms really need new carpet/furniture
February 7, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 Your staff are champs!
It's always a pleasure to say at your hotel. The staff, facility and food are top notch...keep up the great work! Best,
February 7, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by NYYanks527 Super Stay
Was in town immediatley following Super Storm Sandy. The hotel was heavily populated with emergency workers, so it was not a typical stay. however, the staff provided all of the standard levels of service I have come to expect here in spite of the circumstnaces. Great job!
January 29, 2013
Rated 4 out of 5 by deejay Wi Fi issues
There needs to be a better way for musicians/djs to get on-line without paying money to download music if needed.
As an entertainer, I have been to many a hotel that allowed me to have the code to use for downloading music for no cost. It didn't matter what room/area I was in.
On Saturday (1/26/13), I was told that since the group I was affiliated with didn't pay for this service, I couldn't use it. After discussion, I was given a code which did not work properly..
This matter needs to be looked at.
January 29, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by FrequentTraveler13 YOU HAVE TO STAY HERE TO EXPERIENCE THE BEST
Another fabulous stay, nestled amidst a mountain range with the most beautiful views ever. The fountains and gardens are truly romantic. There a number of Canadian geese around the pond and children will love them. The staff is most courteous and friendly. Fabulous SPG recognition. The food in the club lounge is excellent. Credit goes to new manager and every staff member who strive to make your stay the very best ever. There are too many people to thank and I would like to thank EVERYBODY for making my stay amazing.
January 28, 2013
Rated 4 out of 5 by van07601 Comfortable and great for families
Great room - comfortable bed, not enough storage space, but we were only there overnight. The gym was very nice as was the breakfast buffet. The pool was over-run with toddlers, so husband couldn't swim, but we celebrated a birthday at the disco. Shallow tub, but good water pressure in the shower. Excellent staff.
January 28, 2013
Rated 2 out of 5 by Tonymanero1974 Very poor food , and expensive.
I was disappointed with my stay for two reasons ,
1) the food here was dreadful and expensive , which makes it even harder to swallow (no pun intended).
2) the level of cleanliness was also poor.
However a positive note , the shuttle bus driver was incredibly friendly and a credit to the Sheraton.
January 26, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by ConsulCT Sheraton Mahwah
If you are a frequent business traveler to Northern NJ the staff at the Sheraton Mahwah will make you feel at home. In particular I can't say enough good things about Pam and Lorrie as well as Marie, Karen and William. I hope to see these folks at the Sheraton for a long time.
January 24, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by BDGal Always Great!
I stay at this hotel frequently. Everyone is so friendly. They make me fee at home while traveling. I especially enjoy talking with Kathy in the lounge while having breakfast and preparing for my day! I missed Bill this trip. I hope he is doing better and look forward to seeing him next time. Thanks to all at Sheraton Mahwah!
January 11, 2013
Rated 1 out of 5 by JoZ8 Waste of Money
Obvious upon entering the room we realized that the walls are thin as we heard the conversation in the next room as if they were in my face. This was New Year's Eve. We left our room near 6PM and returned near 4AM in the morning . When I adjusted the temperature on the the thermostat the vent area made a loud banging noise, enough to give your heart a good pang. We thought that it was the initial noise when the fan turned on?? . Not .This happened about every 14 -15 minutes. It was now near 5 AM . We never got any sleep and it was beyond the time to have a room change .We would be checking out after eating breakfast at the Hotel anyway. Their breakfast was horrible.
We did not complain , not sure if we were just to tired or we figured we would not come back here again . It was a costly mistake and we were told this was the best in the area. Who new?
January 6, 2013
Rated 2 out of 5 by vaccaro13 experiense
All is good only in the ventilation grid every 5 minutes, a sound like a garbage disposal. had to change the number. stuck in an elevator - also nonsense. There is no shuttle service to the ski area - too well. And the rest - all very good
January 5, 2013
Rated 4 out of 5 by Corie60 met our needs
We needed a room in a hotel that accepted us with a dog on Christmas Eve. The Sheraton fit our needs - it was clean, the staff personable, bed was comfortable and a coffee maker was in the room . We slept well, showered and left early the next morning.
December 26, 2012
Rated 5 out of 5 by FrequentTraveler13 HOME AWAY FROM HOME
Absolutely amazing. The BEST Sheraton ever. Very friendly staff and the most beautiful location. Its my home away from home.
December 25, 2012
Rated 2 out of 5 by Kris111 Sheets not changed!!
No warm welcome a reception, I felt like I was a burden on the staffs' conversation with someone else behind the counter. When I woke up the next morning I noticed that he bed sheets were covered in black lint and hair! When I took a shower I found "hairs" in the bath tub and walls of the shower.
December 13, 2012
Rated 2 out of 5 by mbl12 needs improvement
The room didn't have a microwave and refrigerator to start with until asked. The heater was one in corner and we had to keep at 90 for heat to come till bed. The hotel is not accessible by foot to even nearest restaurant and shuttle is once a day. The rates are
than other hotels of same class and despite high rate even breakfast is not complimentary.
December 7, 2012
Rated 4 out of 5 by jos1 friendly environment
Very friendly staff who worked hard to accomodate a very large group.
November 22, 2012
Rated 3 out of 5 by Ccs31 Weekend stay
Lobby is cold and not welcoming, however the rooms are very nice. Ability to turn off room air conditioning is a plus. Bedding is good, however pillows are too soft. Walls are paper thin, and doors slam rather than close softly. Wait staff in restaurant were fantastic.
November 16, 2012
Rated 5 out of 5 by daughter Great Service and a Pleasant Stay
My mother and her nurse stayed here during a ten-day power outage following Sandy. Throughout their stay, the hotel and restaurant staff was helpful, attentive and courteous which greatly helped calm everyone's nerves. The room was clean, well-appointed and very comfortable. Everyone went out of their way to be helpfull. I will now plan on booking this hotel again for ourselves or when visitors come.
November 11, 2012