Rated 5 out of 5 by gabc A great New Years Eve!
we have attended many New Years Eve parties at hotels and catering halls, and I have to say that this party was the best. From the cocktail party to the next day brunch, there was an abundance of food. A great selection and the service was excellent. The band was very good and we had a blast.
The hotel room was nice but basic. I would have liked to have had a safe and small refridgerator in the room. Also a magnifying mirror would have been helpful.
January 5, 2012
Rated 5 out of 5 by CigarBob OUTSTANDING experience!
Due to a family emergency we had several family members spend a few days at this hotel. I called the hotel directly to ask about a reservation and John was able to help us out immensely for a 3 night stay. As a Platinum SPG member he upgraded us to a junior suite. The Club lounge had a wonderful selection of food and beverages both in the morning and evening.
More than anything the people at this hotel made our stay so positive. They are warm and appreciative and made us feel welcome and very appreciated.
Would HIGHLY recommend this hotel to business travelers and personal travelers alike. Thank you to John and all of the staff at this hotel for making us feel so welcome!
July 13, 2013
Rated 3 out of 5 by DisappointedWeddingGuest A pleasant hotel but a less than great wedding venue!
The food was extremely disappointing at the cocktail hour and the dinner, and actually bad at the day-after brunch. At least warm up the bagels so they're not hard and keep the bacon warmer than room temp!!
And put up a tent for wedding guests on hot, sunny days! The woman sitting next to me almost fainted and had to be helped into the shade after 30 minutes!!
July 28, 2014
Rated 1 out of 5 by Smalls Be aware of big parties
I spent extra money for the club floor and was told that we would be able to use the club only later to find out that it was closed for a wedding after arrival. There was also a wedding party which occupied the majority of our floor/hotel that was making a lot of noise. I was advised that staff would control the noise after complaining, which they did not. I was also told later that we could not move our room due to the hotel being sold out. I have never felt so disrespected as a paying customer ever in my life.
So to all that look to stay at this hotel make sure there are no large parties booked. Because they will let them have the run of the hotel and your rest will not any concern of the staff.
June 4, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by BDGuyFromSG Totally unforgettable stay! Will be back!
Chose to stay at Sheraton Mahwah because it is in one of the preferred hotels in my corporate list. Stayed for 2 weeks (18 Feb - 1 Mar), had a very memorable and totally unforgettable stay.
Am typing this in the room on 15th floor now, my last day of stay here, am kinda sad to leave here. Will give my reviews below:-
1) Room is very clean, well maintained. Bed and pillows are extremely clean and comfortable. Radio is a perfect daily companion. Coffee machine makes delicious Starbucks coffee! And everyday I get a complimentary bottle of purified water, clean sheets, tidied bed, fresh towels, etc. Absolutely fantastic, everyday I look forward to coming back to the clean and fragrant room. Oh, not forgetting I have a great view of the beautiful sunrise every morning... absolutely lovely!
2) Air conditioner/Heater is great. It's close to end of winter now, still chilly, but the heater works great. It comes with low fan and high fan options - high fan perfect to heat up the room fast when I get back from the chilly weather outside, low fan absolutely great for sleeping, warm yet not hot. High fan is a little noisy, but nothing disturbing.
3) Staff here are brilliant! Room service is quick and food served hot (Thank you John!). Restaurant staff are polite and friendly (I won't forget Lucy, still love your lovely hair and smile, hope you like the poem!). Cathy, the lady who prepares the breakfast at the club level almost every morning, is friendly and always smiling. Great to start the day with Cathy around. Front desk staff are generally nice (Thanks Jon for passing me the parcels I get everyday. Lisa, you'll look very pretty if you smile more. hehe). And not forgetting Marie, the friendly lady who drives me back to hotel from office almost every evening, thank you for being always so cheerful and chatty! And of course I thank every staff whose names I unfortunately did not note down! Thanks for making my stay unforgettable!
4) Limo service guy Boris is a very amiable elderly guy who has lived in US for 40+ years! haha, very friendly and chatty. Thanks Boris for sending me to and from Woodbury Common and JFK airport!
5) Laundry is quick! Able to get back nice and clean clothes within a day if send to front desk by 9am! Absolutely impressive! A little lint found on shirts, but nothing too unsightly.
6) Wifi reception is fantastic. Fast and reliable! I'm using the wifi to surf the net now.
7) Convenience/Gift shop is not spectacular, just a corner little shop on the mezzanine level, but contains everything you need, from toiletries to snacks to fruits to postcards to stamps! Everything you want! Friendly shop owner too. :)
1) A few glitches in the evening shuttle service. Need to keep better records of where/when to pick the guests. Christine, the Director of Rooms, personally emailed me to apologize though, after a colleague helped me call to complain. No biggie, forgiven! :)
2) No in-room safe. I need it to keep my valuables and passport. Don't prefer to leave them with the front desk safe.
3) Bathroom does not have sufficient shelf/cupboard top space to place toiletries.
Think that's all!
I wanna express my utmost gratitude to all the staff of Sheraton Mahwah for making my stay so memorable. I will be back again, at least once a year for work. Will definitely choose to stay at Sheraton Mahwah again because of you guys!
Can Lucy contact me? :P
February 28, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by MLM13 The accommodations were perfect!
We had a wonderful stay, could't have asked for anything more.
September 10, 2014
Rated 3 out of 5 by 1503 Disappointing
The room itself was very nice but it was very hard to sleep because it was right next to the elevators and I heard them going up and down all night. I could actually hear a gentleman from next room relieving himself, as well. I was hoping to purchase something from the store but it was closed by the time I got back from my meetings. Finally, I'm told after the fact that I should have had a discounted rate because of the company I'm with but I did not know that and reservations never asked. Overall, although the room was nice, the experience was disappointing.
May 14, 2013
Rated 2 out of 5 by Cobi This hotel needs New management
I had reserved a room with a King size bed which was confirmed by the reservation i made. At the arrival time i was not greeted or acknowledged as a Platinum Member by the clerk at the counter. He assigned me to a double bed room. Ï Went back to the counter and spoke to another employee who told me there were no other rooms available. Called the manager who found us a room with a Queen size bed. It was Not adecuare and the room was small. The hotel was crowded with Construction workers who fiorned long lines at the elevators and creared unexpected delays and made it difficult to rearch our room. They were carrying tolls and equipamient that filled the elevators. We felt we were in a cheap motel on a side Road. Food at the Restaurant was Bellow mediocre. Cafetería style ?
May 15, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by Roshio Beautiful view
Beautiful hotel! great room, great view and the food was excellent. Well priced.
The only problem with the stay was that my wife got double charged on her credit card.
Overall wonderful stay!
September 5, 2014
Rated 3 out of 5 by IBM201408 Shoulda woulda coulda
I will not be staying at this hotel again, nor will I ever recommend it to anyone. This is too bad, because it's a stunning edifice with gorgeous surrounding scenery, beautiful rooms, great service, food, and amenities. This is rendered moot by unnecessary and avoidable shortcomings:
1) Sketchy Internet - Party like it's 1999 with 2MB/sec wifi. No, I'm not going to spend $12+/day for your high-speed wifi package. No in-room wired connections are available either, so there I streamed no shows during my stay.
2) Worthless A/C - lower the thermostat with no corresponding temperature change! No post-shower cool-down = sweat every morning until I get into my car (which has A/C with an actual working thermostat).
3) $4.60 bottled water - Don't drink the water: it's not complimentary. There was no price tag on mine, so coworkers had to actually tell me what was up with the bill on my corporate credit card (and how to get it taken off, but I'm not going to make AmEx pay for something that Sheraton pulled). Keep it! The fact that you would even consider pulling a low-rent stunt like this guarantees I won't ever be coming back.
September 4, 2014
Rated 3 out of 5 by HT26 No advance info - Club Lounge Close
We expected to see a nice view from the Club lounge with your great variety of Eve Hors D Oeuvres, but informed lounge closure upon check-in. We were so disappointed. If this was scheduled, hotel guests, esp who booked the Club floor, should have been informed in advance. Best, HT
September 2, 2014
Rated 3 out of 5 by Marc10is Conveniently located
Perhaps it s good hotel to hold a conference or exhibition. But as a platinum guest, I didn't find the comfort and quality of the hotel to be on par with other Starwood 4-star hotels. However, for anyone travelling up or down the east coast, it's a good strategic place to stop - right near the Tappin Zee Bridge.
August 30, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 ALL GOOD!
COMFORTABLE & CLEAN ROOMS. PERSONNEL ATTENTIVE. BEAUTIFUL GROUNDS. CLUB UPGRADE VERY NICE WITH GOOD SNACKS.
September 1, 2014
Rated 1 out of 5 by LifetimePlatinum1 This hotel should not be thrown out of the Starwood Group
As a Lifetime Platinum I've stayed at many Starwood Properties, and this property failed miserably. I requested a non-feather pillow, extra bath gel, shower cap, and bottle of water since the club lounge refrigerator was empty. They refused to provide me with any of those items. My key did not access the club lounge. The location worked for me, but I will have to find another property for my next meeting in the area.
March 19, 2014
Rated 1 out of 5 by Willow16 Never returning
I wanted to surprise my husband on our 6 year wedding anniversary with a night at the Sheraton, since we got married here. They said they would provide " complimentary"strawberries and champagne. We got our bill and they charged us for it and lied saying they spoke to me about the charges! Furthermore they wanted to charge $12 for wifi which ended up not even working!! Horrible experience and I will never stay at a Sheraton again.
June 18, 2013
Rated 4 out of 5 by Dollface66 Fantastic!
Upon arrival we were greeted by Anthony and Donna at the front desk with the best customer service I have encountered in some time. Throughout our stay the staff were unbelievably professional. The rooms were clean, the food good and the beds, well let me just say as soon I hit the bed I was out!
The pool was warm and CLEAN! I can go on forever as to how fantastic this hotel is! I would definitely return and tell others about it.
March 5, 2013
Rated 1 out of 5 by irritatedguest Poor Service!
Weak! Nobody at the counter when I checked in. Had to ring the "bell" several times. Gave me a room with someone in it. Back down to the front desk to ring the bell for another 5 minutes. No rooms left. Had to give me a twin. Checked out at 6:30 and again nobody at the counter and had to ring the bell. Get a clue, this is not 5 Start service and you shouldn't need a survey to figure it out.
August 17, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by sugarbyrd Peaceful setting
Lovely setting, mountain views. Very comfortable, spacious rooms. Staff is very friendly. We always enjoy staying here when visiting family.
May 18, 2014
Rated 4 out of 5 by momomf Good Room
The room we had was very clean; however, there was an area in front of the bathroom door the carpet was coming up.
August 27, 2014
Rated 1 out of 5 by JagD Do not use this hotel!!
The food in the restaurant, I use the term food loosely, was terrible, expensive and barely edible. The staff looked bored, uninterested in guests and provided incorrect information.
The location was dreadful could not book a taxi or rent a car. For a Sheraton, it was dredful.
August 20, 2013
Rated 3 out of 5 by Thatldo13 Sheraton Mahwah needs rehab
I grew up near Sheraton Mahwah, which was The Place to be. Now its run down, in need of much rehab. Minor things that could be done are replace dead trees & plants. Food is horrendous, plus expensive. Please - revive yourself to what you can and should be for the area.
May 20, 2013
Rated 1 out of 5 by Iqccnw123 Worst stay ever
Rooms in poor shape
Mold on bathroom ceiling. Room 2208
Furniture in bad shape
Club floor carpet is so wrinkled I tripped over i
Manager Alex followed up on nothing he does not understand customer service
Food ran out on club floor for break
On and on
September 13, 2013
Rated 3 out of 5 by Annoyed100 Very Noisey
Ventillation system made very loud noises all night long. Stayed in room 1807 and was constantly awakened by these loud noises.
April 7, 2014
Rated 1 out of 5 by Jeff500 Not Up to Starwood Standards
We stayed this past weekend. Was woken up at 2:30 am on the Starwood Floor by two different rooms from a wedding that was going on. Had to call security twice.
Went to pool twice -- no towels both times. Waited 30 minutes one time for housekeeping to come, then 15 minutes next time. Plus hot tube was lukewarm. The front desk didn't seem to care about anything.
August 19, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by Fern0750 This hotel has a great staff
I had a wonderful experience celebrating my sons wedding and I couldn't of asked for a better staff experience especially Lisa she made my stay perfect. I love her! Thank you so much
August 27, 2013
Rated 3 out of 5 by Deep77 Club facilities disappointing
- No vegeterian food
- dirty (water spotted) cutlery
- staff at Club level can do better in terms of serving.
March 9, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by NCsandhills Comfort and Convenience
This hotel's location is conveniently located on Route 17 in Northern NJ. Friendly and helpful staff and great facilities make for a pleasant and relaxing stay.
September 3, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by Christina35 Great place
Rooms were clean and nice. Beds were comfortable. Staff was helpful in getting items and directions.
August 9, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by Cfraz What a beautiful Hotel
My daughter could not stop instagraming to her friends.
December 30, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by ADFBDFB always nice
have stayed here a few times, always nice
September 3, 2013