Rated 5 out of 5 by gabc A great New Years Eve!
we have attended many New Years Eve parties at hotels and catering halls, and I have to say that this party was the best. From the cocktail party to the next day brunch, there was an abundance of food. A great selection and the service was excellent. The band was very good and we had a blast.
The hotel room was nice but basic. I would have liked to have had a safe and small refridgerator in the room. Also a magnifying mirror would have been helpful.
January 5, 2012
Rated 4 out of 5 by GoingWoman Women Traveling Alone
this is a beautiful property and a great travel location for those at the NJ/NY border. I have just one concern... I don't like the parking situation when I arrive here at night. The lot is away from the hotel and blocked from view by a lot of landscaping (beautiful in the daylight). I just don't feel secure and would like to see the hotel remedy the situation.
December 10, 2011
Rated 5 out of 5 by JOEYNUMB Awesome package!
This was not only our 1st time attending the NYE party, but also our 1st time staying @ a Sheraton property. I was a little nervous since we did not know anyone there or had not known of anyone that had been there b4, but the flyer for the party sounded like the best party and room package for NYE, and it definately was! We were so pleased with everything from the appearance of the hotel to how easy checking in and out was! The food was great, the front desk service was exceptional, and the room was as perfect as it looked on the flyer. We had the best time at the NYE party that we've ever had and we didn't know a soul there! Not only are we looking foward to doing it again next year, but while we were there we sat down with a hotel consultant and discussed possibly having our wedding reception there in 2013! We are your two newest biggest fans of the Mahwah Sheraton, thank you so much for ending 2011 and starting 2012 with as much joy and happiness as possible!
Joey and Star
January 4, 2012
Rated 4 out of 5 by Fifi New Year's .
I booked this hotel for the New Year Celebration. I was not disappointed. There were 14 people with me as well. We are all in agreement that we will book again for next year. We had nothing negative to say.
January 4, 2012
Rated 5 out of 5 by KHend Wonderful Stay!
I stayed at Sheraton Mahwah because my company has a business office within the hotel (the hotel has a business office side). I attended a week long training and the hotel/business office combo was perfect. The hotel is EXTREMELY nice, the rooms are spacious, and if you can, it's worth it to stay on the club level. The club lounge is cozy and the food each day is great. John at the front desk was SOOOOO helpful. He took the time to help me with my drive down to New York (car service, hotels, etc). He was amazing and made my stay the best ever. I would HIGHLY recommend this hotel for business or leisure travelers as the amentities and the service from staff is impeccable.
April 9, 2012
Rated 5 out of 5 by CigarBob OUTSTANDING experience!
Due to a family emergency we had several family members spend a few days at this hotel. I called the hotel directly to ask about a reservation and John was able to help us out immensely for a 3 night stay. As a Platinum SPG member he upgraded us to a junior suite. The Club lounge had a wonderful selection of food and beverages both in the morning and evening.
More than anything the people at this hotel made our stay so positive. They are warm and appreciative and made us feel welcome and very appreciated.
Would HIGHLY recommend this hotel to business travelers and personal travelers alike. Thank you to John and all of the staff at this hotel for making us feel so welcome!
July 13, 2013
Rated 1 out of 5 by Smalls Be aware of big parties
I spent extra money for the club floor and was told that we would be able to use the club only later to find out that it was closed for a wedding after arrival. There was also a wedding party which occupied the majority of our floor/hotel that was making a lot of noise. I was advised that staff would control the noise after complaining, which they did not. I was also told later that we could not move our room due to the hotel being sold out. I have never felt so disrespected as a paying customer ever in my life.
So to all that look to stay at this hotel make sure there are no large parties booked. Because they will let them have the run of the hotel and your rest will not any concern of the staff.
June 4, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by BDGuyFromSG Totally unforgettable stay! Will be back!
Chose to stay at Sheraton Mahwah because it is in one of the preferred hotels in my corporate list. Stayed for 2 weeks (18 Feb - 1 Mar), had a very memorable and totally unforgettable stay.
Am typing this in the room on 15th floor now, my last day of stay here, am kinda sad to leave here. Will give my reviews below:-
1) Room is very clean, well maintained. Bed and pillows are extremely clean and comfortable. Radio is a perfect daily companion. Coffee machine makes delicious Starbucks coffee! And everyday I get a complimentary bottle of purified water, clean sheets, tidied bed, fresh towels, etc. Absolutely fantastic, everyday I look forward to coming back to the clean and fragrant room. Oh, not forgetting I have a great view of the beautiful sunrise every morning... absolutely lovely!
2) Air conditioner/Heater is great. It's close to end of winter now, still chilly, but the heater works great. It comes with low fan and high fan options - high fan perfect to heat up the room fast when I get back from the chilly weather outside, low fan absolutely great for sleeping, warm yet not hot. High fan is a little noisy, but nothing disturbing.
3) Staff here are brilliant! Room service is quick and food served hot (Thank you John!). Restaurant staff are polite and friendly (I won't forget Lucy, still love your lovely hair and smile, hope you like the poem!). Cathy, the lady who prepares the breakfast at the club level almost every morning, is friendly and always smiling. Great to start the day with Cathy around. Front desk staff are generally nice (Thanks Jon for passing me the parcels I get everyday. Lisa, you'll look very pretty if you smile more. hehe). And not forgetting Marie, the friendly lady who drives me back to hotel from office almost every evening, thank you for being always so cheerful and chatty! And of course I thank every staff whose names I unfortunately did not note down! Thanks for making my stay unforgettable!
4) Limo service guy Boris is a very amiable elderly guy who has lived in US for 40+ years! haha, very friendly and chatty. Thanks Boris for sending me to and from Woodbury Common and JFK airport!
5) Laundry is quick! Able to get back nice and clean clothes within a day if send to front desk by 9am! Absolutely impressive! A little lint found on shirts, but nothing too unsightly.
6) Wifi reception is fantastic. Fast and reliable! I'm using the wifi to surf the net now.
7) Convenience/Gift shop is not spectacular, just a corner little shop on the mezzanine level, but contains everything you need, from toiletries to snacks to fruits to postcards to stamps! Everything you want! Friendly shop owner too. :)
1) A few glitches in the evening shuttle service. Need to keep better records of where/when to pick the guests. Christine, the Director of Rooms, personally emailed me to apologize though, after a colleague helped me call to complain. No biggie, forgiven! :)
2) No in-room safe. I need it to keep my valuables and passport. Don't prefer to leave them with the front desk safe.
3) Bathroom does not have sufficient shelf/cupboard top space to place toiletries.
Think that's all!
I wanna express my utmost gratitude to all the staff of Sheraton Mahwah for making my stay so memorable. I will be back again, at least once a year for work. Will definitely choose to stay at Sheraton Mahwah again because of you guys!
Can Lucy contact me? :P
February 28, 2013