Rated 1 out of 5 by josetteperalta worse experience for a bride to be
1)i reserved 4 rooms for my wedding (jun 17). i added 1 more room for 2 more guests a week or 2 before the wedding. i never got a confirmation in email.
2) so when we came to check in on jun 16, it took the front desk personnel a lot of time to look for it. at first they said they didn't have it. we were all tired and my dad was tired from his travels and all we want to do was rest, but it took us more than 15 minutes at the lobby.
3) one of the room provided to us is under renovation like wires were sticking out in one side of the wall and there was no airconditioning. and well, we didn't know we gave the key to that room to my dad who is a senior citizen , who has been sleepless overnight from work and from his flight and who came in just for my wedding.
4) i was at the parking waiting for my fiance and his bestman b/c we have a rehearsal at 630pm and it was already 6pm. so i called them and i learned that the hotel is re-arranging the rooms. so i went to the front desk to tell them to hold it off cause we are time constrained and this is the response that i got from James "don't freak out. hold on." his tone has totall no sense of professionalism. you don't tell a bride-to-be 'dont freak out' when she is telling you she is time constrained. THERE WAS NO APOLOGIES FROM THE HOTEL.
5) i requested for a fridge, when we came back from the rehearsal and dinner which was already 9pm , the fridge was BROKEN. it was not cooling. so there i was tired and ready to rest, i have to wait for them to replace it.
6) 1:30AM in the morning. i woke up to use the bathroom. i could not get in. THIS IS THE WORSE PART.
the front desk send the security guy to open the door and he is clueless. he tried to switch the knobs. and it didnt work. so there i was at 1:30AM awake, i could not pee b/c my bathroom door is broken. the know won't open. in fact, there is no knob.
finally, it was already 2AM and i need to take a bath b/c at 230AM my hair stylist is coming. my wedding is at 530AM.
so b/c the hotel staff cannot fix it, they decided to give me a 4th floor key. who tells a bride to go to another room at another floor to take a bath and all my special toiletries for my special day is locked up at my room? and i have my dog with me in my room???
i had to wake my fiance at his room and asked him to watch my dog while I used his bathroom.
what incompetence of the staff?
and worse, the morning around 9am, after the wedding, i passed by the front desk to ask if the manager has been informed of the incident. the person there just said yes without ANY APOLOGIES.
7) the 5th room i rented , even if my husband is in active service, no discount was given.
8) we were not in anyway compensated at all for all the hassles and inconvenience.
my sister already discouraged me from booking at the sheraton saying 'sheraton is an old hotel' and all her negative feedback. but when i checked sheraton denver west feedback was OK..i thought i should give it a try but after all these, no way will i ever stay or recommend sheraton unless i will be in very dire need of a roof above my head.
July 7, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by Smittyiowa Yet Again-Another Great Stay
We have always stayed at this hotel when we take long trips that include Denver. This hotel NEVER disappoints. Always a pleasure to stay here!
July 3, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by Pargo This hotel has some good features.
Rooms were clean, comfortable, and roomy. We asked for a refrigerator and got one. Since breakfast was not included in the room rate we found the refrig handy.
July 2, 2014
Rated 2 out of 5 by Texas46 Old, worn hotel
Other than the close proximity to the Lakewood area, this hotel is desperate need of an update. Many of the rooms for our group did not have working air conditioners and the entire property was dated and worn feeling.
June 27, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by Ed503 Ed's June 2014 Denver, CO Business Trip
Friendly, Smiling, Helpful Staff who always makes one feel welcome!
Superb Room Service--Excellent Food!
LAVA Bar Awesome...Great Food, Outstanding Service!!
Just wish they sold ice cream at the sundry store.
The room was clean! Room service forgot to change out my ice bucket bag--Minor.
I wish the internet was free!! Just the same the "PAID" $9.95 nightly rate internet was good!!!
June 21, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by pcrang WOW!
I stayed at the Sheraton Denver West over New Year's Eve and had the time of my life! I had assumed that hotel staff would be annoyed to be working for New Year's, but every last employee that I talked to was happy, fun, and seemed to be delighted to host my girlfriend and me. The food was fantastic, the service was top-notch, our room was clean and comfortable, our experience was incredible! I really could not have asked for a better hotel experience!
January 3, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by familylady Excellent Guest Service!
This hotel attracts wonderful talent to serve guests! Everyone was polite, kind, courteous, respectful and accomodating! My brother was admitted to a nearby hospital in the middle of the night and James was fast and efficient checking my mother and I in. He could see we were tired! The next morning a young lady named Shelby was very attentive as we ater breakfast and a gentleman named Desi also took care of us during breakfast. He smiled and made friendly conversation as he cleared nearby tables and made us feel welcomed. Thank you for recruiting such a wonderful staff!
June 15, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by HillaryP22 Great hotel if you are going to Red Rocks!
We stayed here for one night because we were going to a concert at Red Rocks and it was fantastic. It took about 15 minutes by car but really there isn't anything closer to the venue! This hotel was fantastic they let us check in early and helped us print our boarding passes in the morning free of charge. The room was great and we had an amazing view of downtown Denver! They have a great fitness facility and pool area as well! The hotel is also about 15 minutes from downtown Denver and about a half hour to the airport by freeway! We are already planning a trip for next year out to Red Rocks and we will be sure to book here again!
May 15, 2014