Rated 5 out of 5 by xdon Highly recommended !
I go to DC very often and usually stay at hotels in Crystal City and Arlington. This is my first time staying at this hotel. I checked in around 8:00 pm and left for the airport at 4:30 am. The room and club lounge were spacious and clean. To my surprise, there was a welcome tray of fruit, cheese, and crackers, accompanied by a bottle of red wine. I didn't have wine for dinner that day; so thank you for the treat. I will stay there again in the future.
January 30, 2016
Rated 1 out of 5 by Tim1609 Beware Corporate Road Warriors
This is the first time I have had to write this type of review in 5 years of 75-100 nights per year stays at starwood properties.
Flight cancellation and was unable to get to town. Called hotel and explained asked to cancel without fee because it was outside of my control. Transferred to SPG who cannot help. Called back explained again, transferred again.
Called a 3rd time and asked to speak with GM. Was told they would not under any circumstance cancel the fee. Even after explaining that charging me would result in the hotel being blocked from any other employee booking it for the rest of the calendar year (I work for a 150,000 employee company so it's likely 50k+ revenue loss) he said that they would not do anything.
I offered to simply move the reservation to next week as I will be in town again. Didn't care.
This happens to us road warriors a couple nights a year and every single property has understood.
Too bad, This doesn't cost me anything as it's corporate money but, I was looking forward to making this my main hotel for the 30-40 nights I will be in DC this year. Also, I have stayed here before on personal trips and enjoyed the hotel.
January 20, 2016
Rated 2 out of 5 by Lindalou64 Loved room layout
Other than having to flip mattress and eventually change rooms--which should have been caught by cleaning crew--Of course we were really tired from driving all day and fining with family--we think someone dumped water on the bed--we thought the hotel was great--loved the layout of the room
January 5, 2016
Rated 5 out of 5 by sphiladelphian Great Hotel
Staff was very attentive and responsive! Nice charming hotel.
December 21, 2015
Rated 5 out of 5 by AKC33 Simply Excellent!
We had a block of ~10 rooms for a family reunion. Being platinum members, we had access to the club lounge as well. We had an excellent time!
The staff was very friendly and accommodating, both at the front desk, club lounge and shuttle drivers.
Hotel offered self serve fruit water and lemonade by the elevators. Club lounge had an excellent selection of foods. And the lounge staff went above and beyond to make us feel comfortable.
The only "complaint" we had was there was only one elevator working however the emails I received prior to the visit and their website clearly stated this so it wasn't a surprise. Just had to wait a few extra minutes for the elevator which was no big deal. All in all, we had a great time and are considering coming back again soon.
November 30, 2015
Rated 1 out of 5 by boblnov04 DON'T STAY HERE
Staff rude and unhelpful - their favorite words are NO and Sorry for the inconvenience.
I'm having my company pull this Hotel from our travel system.
November 6, 2015
Rated 5 out of 5 by ProfEngland Very comfortable stay
excellent shuttle bus service to & from DCA. A close walk to all old town Alexandria bars, restaurants and shops. Very easy to get into DC by the metro, overall a perfect location.
October 23, 2015
Rated 2 out of 5 by balkhafa Chaotic Experience
We stayed at this property during our visit to the Alexandria VA...
1. Blocked entrance with vans and shuttle busses. Can not pull in to unload for check in. We waited for 20 minutes to get one of the vans to move aside in order to unload our luggage. What is really strange, they have signs at the entrance informing guests only 10 minutes allowed for standing for loading and unloading yet their own vans parked for more than 2 hours (I timed it)
2. No bell services and no trolley for the luggage, you will have to drag your own luggage to the room. the same issue when we checked out we have to get down our own luggage. No bell services and no luggage trolley.
3. No valet parking, self parking at a ridiculous charge.. Ok.. I get it.. so I took the car to the parking garage to find out no elevators from the parking to the hotel and no stairs. You have to walk through the parking and up the ramp for incoming cars and through the hotel yard to get to the hotel.
4. No bath robe and no bath towels. For a suite you would to find more than just two small towels.
5. SPG recognition at all in terms of upgrade or a like
It is becoming clear to me several of the Sheraton brand properties around DC area doesn't live up to the name or the standard you expect from an SPG property.
October 5, 2015