Rated 4 out of 5 by PMBEHRA Oct 2012
The Sheraton Eau Claire Staff is very helpful and go the extra mile to keep you comfortable. They truly care.
October 21, 2012
Rated 5 out of 5 by Blair50 Hotel is central to all
Had an excellent stay. Staff was great from check in to check out. Rooms were very clean and comfortable.
October 15, 2012
Rated 5 out of 5 by Limeyjohnny So clean
Best hotel downtown. Close to so many downtown amenities. And the bed. Wow. Had best sleep ever
February 23, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by Smart007 Excellent Service
I was impressed with the quality of service ; courteous staff and the welcoming atmosphere.
August 30, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by BobeB great hotel
A well appointed suite and very quiet and comfotable. An excellent executive lounge.
March 8, 2013
Rated 4 out of 5 by 142kathy Another great SPG Hotel
Great location. Convenient restaurants near by. The room was comfortable and quiet.
March 9, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 Business trip - Total success becasue of the customer service
As good as any 5 star hotel
Well taken care of and superb customer service
October 30, 2012
Rated 3 out of 5 by SPGTraveler12345 January 2013 Sheraton Eau Claire
I stayed there in mid January. Hotel was very nice. Staff were dismissive.
January 26, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by piggypig Excellent hotel
It is an excellent hotel with great service and perfect location!
December 2, 2013
Rated 4 out of 5 by ArneG Consistant and Excellent
One of the only two hotels I'll stay at in Calgary for value and quality.
October 22, 2012
Rated 5 out of 5 by Candace1 An excellent property and service
Very impressive Hotel and Rooms. Courteous and professional staff.
October 15, 2012
Rated 5 out of 5 by Mrecep Mr
Excellent staff, very clean good food and very good club launch.
November 2, 2012
Rated 5 out of 5 by Natrugreentea Good choice!!
Specious! Nice swimming pool! Great services.
December 28, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by goodie Excellent location
very good location and a beautiful room. pleasently surprised
May 11, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by Krisit The right hotel
Location and comfort of the room made my stay enjoyable.
September 27, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by Kush Exceeded my Expectations!
I heard great things about this hotel and it was bang on!
February 18, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by tra360 Great downtown Calgary location!
Enjoyed the hotel, and the view. Very attentive staff.
July 30, 2012
Rated 5 out of 5 by wife1mom2 Clean, nice,
Very friendly staff, great location, comfortable beds.
September 8, 2012
Rated 2 out of 5 by Jean1222 Eau Claire Rooms are tired and need to be renovated
Eau Claire Rooms are tired and need to be renovated
October 7, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by DerekinLA 5-Star Hotel & Experience
Everything at the Sheraton Eau Claire was fantastic.
September 27, 2012
Rated 5 out of 5 Location can't be beat!
Great value, amazing location, excellent staff
June 5, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by Mec02 This hotel has a wonderful location
A wonderful facility with exceptional staff!
August 6, 2012
Rated 5 out of 5 by MoussaO Excellent Hotel
Amazing staff and excptational service.
August 17, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 This hotel has healthy features
great location and walking trails
October 1, 2012
Rated 5 out of 5 by OmerG Visiting Calgary
Best place to stay in Calgary.
July 29, 2012
Rated 5 out of 5 by Manju Great stay
Was relaxing and great view.
August 10, 2012
Rated 5 out of 5 An excellent place with outstanding service!
We had an amazing time in Calgary and we have the Sheraton to thank! This was our first family vacation with our 2 month old daughter and we didn't want to leave. The staff treated us so well and respectfully it made us feel so great. They went out of their way to ensure we always has what we needed.
They brought us up a crib for our little girl which was nice and clean and they made sure it was kept up with our room. They left extra bottles of water to make formula with and also left extra Starbucks coffee packages for us when they noticed we drank a lot if coffee.
The mini bar was well stalked and they had a variety of different food items and alcohol available. It was very expensive so we didn't indulge but it was nice to see that it was there if we wanted it.
We chose to valet our truck which was a great choice in this winter weather. They brought us out truck warmed up right at the front door. If we had lots of bags with us from shopping they would bring them in for us so we didn't have to try and balance those with our car seat, baby and diaper bag. They were sooo friendly and made a point to make sure they knew our plans as to have our truck ready for us at all times.
The hotel was beautifully decorated as it was Christmas which was so nice and enjoyable.
We had room service which was great, tasted good and was brought up promptly.
Thank you for such a great experience!!
December 23, 2013
Rated 3 out of 5 by vancouvertraveller Great location, great staff but quality is inconsistent and occassionally poor
This hotel is like second home given the number of days I have been spending here over the last 16 months. Unfortunately, even though the location is perfect with terrific staff and service, the room experience has been highly inconsistent.
(Note: all the below inconsistencies were experienced or observed as a gold/platinum member over months with 5, 6 and 7 this week too)
1. Internet connection ranges from OK to terrible (unbelievable and totally unacceptable!)
2. Room amenities such as bath robe, shower gel, mouth wash and bathroom slippers sometimes present, sometimes not (wonder what days are lucky)
3. The iron boards are a sham – cheap quality wrinkled covers that make it so difficult to iron your shirt. Replaced with something acceptable when the issue is raised. Why not just fix it for all guests.
4. Expired bottles of premium mineral water waiting for me as a platinum member amenity (really!!) this was raised with the front desk too. (is anyone reading it)
5. In-suite jacuzzi room sometimes with bath salts sometimes with not. (should I get my own?)
6. Corner suite with Jacuzzi had major bathroom drainage issues. Wash basin, shower room and Jacuzzi all clogged with drainage backup (eeewwwww!!)
7. Accumulated dust on water kettle (I usually don’t even check but was inspired in part by the latest CBC Marketplace – don’t even want to check using their tools)
So why am I still coming back here? Because I believe people can change and this problem is something that can be solved with a little love and attention from the right people on the right things (hint: quality assurance). My experience here has ranged from fantabulous to utterly disappointing and disgusting. This place was better and has quite often exceeded my expectations – come on guys you are Sheraton. Try and be consistent in your quality. Hoping to have all positive experiences going forward at this Calgary Sheraton Eau Claire – one of the finest hotels that just needs to get the basics right once again.
Will surely be seeing you again over the next few weeks with back to back bookings.
November 21, 2012
Rated 3 out of 5 by ConstructiveCommenter1 It's the little details that count...
The only staff that seemed to go out of their way to provide superior service were the valet parking team. Some examples of what I might call service lapses:
1) We went into the pub around 11:00 pm and after having to go to the bar to get someone's attention for a drink, and to find out if there were any food or snack services (which there were not...not even an offer to order something simple off of the room service menu!) we were told that we could go across the street to Joey Tomato's...since when did a hotel with 24 hour room service not offer at least a basic menu in their only open F & B venue until closing? Joey Tomato's was friendly, helpful, fast, efficient and delicious! And the waitress got a great tip...
2) We went to the Club facility for the "inclusive" breakfast at around 1020 am (where breakfast was to be offered until 1100 on Sunday) and they had totally run out of hot food, tables were not cleared or wiped when we sat down nor did anyone offer to do so, and we had to ask if any more food was coming to finally get an offer of a voucher to get breakfast in the coffee shop. In the coffee shop, the service was average at best, the fresh egg station unmanned, and I ended up sliicing my own beef from the abandoned carving station! Oh yeah, the food staff came up as I was finishing and gave me a dirty look and then when I asked if anyone was going to man the "made to order omelette/egg station or if I should just make one myself, I got almost no reaction and when I went back 2 minutes later they were both still unmanned!
3) On top of the average service, there were few pastries left, 1 kind of bread (sliced whole wheat of a non-descript variety), no fresh whole grain breads of any sort and no bagels in spite of their being cream cheese and smoked salmon nearby. A pretty sad buffet if anyone were to come down to the Sheraton expecting a "special Sunday Brunch experience'!
We also were served coffee and when I poured some cream in it, the cream was crusted over on the top and curdled underneath and I had to get a new cup, coffee and cream. A bit gross. We were told repeatedly how busy they were, but the cafe was just a bit less than half full!
4) We were coming down the elevator in the morning and in the middle of the floor someone had obviously just dumped what looked like half of a sno-cone with multi-coloured flavouring on the floor. We did what we thought would be a conscientious gesture to avoid someone accidentally stepping in it and advised the front desk what had happened and which elevator it was in. 40 minutes later when we got back on the same elevator, the sno-cone was now melted all over the floor and was almost impossible to avoid stepping in. Why did we bother to tell the front desk?!
5) We accidentally left a magazine in the cafe and when we tried to call down to see if someone could hold it for us at the hostess station, we tried to ring through via the front desk 4 times and nobody bothered to answer. We were eventually told to just come down and check for it ourselves, as the staff were too busy to pick up the phone...in a half empty restaurant!
Overall the experience at the Sheraton Suites Calgary Eau Claire was definitely not up to our expectations nor did it match many past positive experiences at the hotel.
August 4, 2012