Rated 4 out of 5 by calconf12 calconf12
clean, comfortable, convenient location; SPG should really rethink the internet policy - the hotel has a great offering that is not inexpensive - feels greedy to ask an additional $15 per room/day for internet. fyi - the lobby internet was not functioning well
October 29, 2012
Rated 5 out of 5 by Jimtraveller A great stay
Booked a birth year rate for three nights, which was a great rate.
The room was adequate and comfortable.
The lounge staff are the best, attentative, and remember me by my name. The food and drink was always plentiful and nice.
October 25, 2012
Rated 4 out of 5 by ArneG Consistant and Excellent
One of the only two hotels I'll stay at in Calgary for value and quality.
October 22, 2012
Rated 4 out of 5 by PMBEHRA Oct 2012
The Sheraton Eau Claire Staff is very helpful and go the extra mile to keep you comfortable. They truly care.
October 21, 2012
Rated 5 out of 5 by Birdman Sheraton Calgary is the best I have stayed at
Very impressed with Hotel, rooms were large spacious and easy to work in.The hallways were open and well lit giving a good effect.Staff was attentive and obviously well trained. I had meals in the Hotel and again quality and service met high standards.
I travel extensively across Canada and Internationally and can say without doubt that this Sheraton site is by far the best I have stayed in and will in future endeavor to book my stay here when back in Calgary.
To the staff Well done. Price per night however was not as competitive as I would have liked.
October 19, 2012
Rated 5 out of 5 by Jeri1 Jerald
From the time I arrived at the hotel until I checked out, I was impressed with the staff and service. When I first arrived I was met by the Valet attendant who informed me about the services of the hotel and made me feel very welcome and assured security of vehicle. The room and the food were excellent.
October 17, 2012
Rated 5 out of 5 by Blair50 Hotel is central to all
Had an excellent stay. Staff was great from check in to check out. Rooms were very clean and comfortable.
October 15, 2012
Rated 5 out of 5 by Candace1 An excellent property and service
Very impressive Hotel and Rooms. Courteous and professional staff.
October 15, 2012
Rated 3 out of 5 by KeithG Business services
Two areas for improvement. 1 - stop charing for in-room wifi. These days that is like charging for cable tv. And if you are going to charge $15 a day, make it for all devices. $15 a day per device does not mesh with how people work these days. 2 - the desk needs a better / higher chair for working.
October 15, 2012
Rated 5 out of 5 by whiteDragon Pleasant Warm Happy GoodFood
This place is very clean, modern, quiet and upscale. The bathroom had a wonderful ante-room so one person can be grooming while someone else can be on the loo or in the shower. The mini kitchenette is very usefull. The minibar is well loaded... but we did not use it. The breakfast buffet is very complete but is missing baked beans - it does have roastbeef though (yeah!). I had an order-in supper - table d'hôte - which was fantastic. We also had a traditional Thanksgiving Day supper in the Main resto which was excellent. The wine suggestions on the menu are excellent. I discovered a great wine from the Okanagan valley - Yahoo!
All of downtown is within walking distance of this hotel. We enjoyed the water front location... and it was beautiful to walk on Prince's island just out the front door... I really expect to stay here again.... I better sign up for their points club.... ; )
PS: My 11 year old daughter really enjoyed the huge slide into the pool. The gym is really very good and I was the only one there. The whirlpool was great - I really enjoyed the three glass walls allowing you to appreaciate the evening sky.
October 14, 2012
Rated 2 out of 5 by LMCJ06 Starting to fade
We spent a weekend at the Suites for a family getaway to Calgary. Seemed empty. Front end staff seemed bored, valets were pushy. Still hate the fact you have no option for valet or self park. Used the swimming pool on our last evening-wrecked our swim suits and two pieces of my jewellery. I am assuming it was their level of chlorination-never has happened in our community pool at home. Manager blew it off without an apology or offer to repair. Only the typical "what are you looking for with this call" nonsense they teach managers these days. Will not return.
October 12, 2012
Rated 3 out of 5 by Traveler2108 Service
I booked in here for my honeymoon. I was not offered free valet parking. On top of that when I received my bill, there was a $40 charge for a cell phone charger that I never received. I have called for over a week and left messages but have yet to have it resolved. I thiink this is very poor customer service.
October 9, 2012
Rated 5 out of 5 by Verified Reviewer This hotel has healthy features
great location and walking trails
October 1, 2012
Rated 5 out of 5 by DerekinLA 5-Star Hotel & Experience
Everything at the Sheraton Eau Claire was fantastic.
September 27, 2012
Rated 5 out of 5 by Bartje This hotel is excellent
On this trip is was our first time we came to Calgary and choosing this hotel it made our trip just perfet.
The staff was very friendly making us feel more than welcome.
The rooms are very nice and clean and the housekeeping did a great job .
Spacious hallways , nice club lounge with a excellent breakfast buffet.
I can't think of anything bad to say about this hotel !!
September 25, 2012
Rated 3 out of 5 by Ryan1943 Rooms need upgrading for the price
Room was due for an upgrade. Bathroom light didn't work, toilet leaked, furniture a bit tatty and all for a relatively high price. Staff was friendly and helpful. Location and staff saved the day.
September 24, 2012
Rated 4 out of 5 by aurion Sheraton Suites Calgary
My only complaint with my stay is that the CNBC channel wasn't available on the TV. I think it was supposed to be channel 56 but I couldn't get a picture or sound.
September 23, 2012
Rated 5 out of 5 by MikeyD First but not the last stay
I have always stayed at the Wetin (around the corner) but decided to stay at the Sheraton this trip. From check-in to check-out the hotel met or exceeded my expecttions and has now become my go to hotel when I travel to Calgary. (as a complete aside I also discovered the River Cafe on Prince's Island a short walk from the hotel and well worth it).
September 12, 2012
Rated 5 out of 5 by wife1mom2 Clean, nice,
Very friendly staff, great location, comfortable beds.
September 8, 2012
Rated 5 out of 5 by 1spgfan Enjoyable trip
We, as a family love this property. Elizabeth at the front desk was great, we have seen her a couple of weeks before, as we stay at this property for business as well. Thank you for the Gold mbr gift as well.
September 6, 2012
Rated 5 out of 5 by JV2012 Great stay with kids/pets
Stayed overnight in September for a wedding - early check-in and pet beds set up and waiting for us. Good access to the park to walk dogs. Great shallow pool for younger children with a water slide.
September 6, 2012
Rated 5 out of 5 by Jab1982 Taste of Calgary
Wow. What an enjoyable place to stay
And we happened to be there during the summers taste of Calgary festival right in eau Claire. For anyone thinking of coming to visit and try Calgary. What a great experience
Food and drinks from all the local hot spots
Best pint of beer I've ever tried before. 'original 16' made in sask. it was a fantastic get away
August 24, 2012
Rated 3 out of 5 by Nelson33 internet is bad and expensive
Overall, I would rate this hotel as good and comfortable, but quite expensive. The main problem is with the internet. For the five days that I was there, it was bad. When checking out, the two guys before me complained about it, as I did. The check- out lady could not have cared less. I understand charging the market rate for a nice hotel. But if you are going to pile a $16/night additional charge on top of that for internet, you should feel obligated to make it work.
August 20, 2012
Rated 2 out of 5 by Paul1010 Just OK service
Room wasn't ready. Told I would be called when ready and luggage placed into room. Finally checked back at 5:30: room ready but no call and luggage not in room.
Toilet paper holder was loose and fell apart the first time I used it. Called to have fixed, which it was when I returned from dinner, but no toilet paper on it.
August 20, 2012
Rated 5 out of 5 by buckwheat my daughters birthday
We live in Calgary and have stayed here many times for special occasions. My kids love the pool and waterslide and the fact that it is never overcrowded. The rooms are immaculate and comfort details such as a humidifier for our dry Calgary climate show just how thoughtful these folks are in making sure your stay is great.
The lounge can get busy but the service is wonderful. The evening appetizers are creative and delicious. The breakfast is simply the best I have ever found in a Sheraton.
I have recommended this hotel to many and have never had a word of complaint come back to me. Please go to their own website and check out the awards and recommendations there. This has been a great hotel for a long time and I am sure it will continue to be going forward.
August 16, 2012
Rated 5 out of 5 by AndyXM Excellent cleaning staff
Our cleaning staff on our floor were excellent. They were friendly and helpful. Really the best we've encountered from all our stays at any starwood property, actually from any hotel that we've stayed at!
August 14, 2012
Rated 5 out of 5 by Manju Great stay
Was relaxing and great view.
August 10, 2012
Rated 5 out of 5 by Mec02 This hotel has a wonderful location
A wonderful facility with exceptional staff!
August 6, 2012
Rated 3 out of 5 by ConstructiveCommenter1 It's the little details that count...
The only staff that seemed to go out of their way to provide superior service were the valet parking team. Some examples of what I might call service lapses:
1) We went into the pub around 11:00 pm and after having to go to the bar to get someone's attention for a drink, and to find out if there were any food or snack services (which there were not...not even an offer to order something simple off of the room service menu!) we were told that we could go across the street to Joey Tomato's...since when did a hotel with 24 hour room service not offer at least a basic menu in their only open F & B venue until closing? Joey Tomato's was friendly, helpful, fast, efficient and delicious! And the waitress got a great tip...
2) We went to the Club facility for the "inclusive" breakfast at around 1020 am (where breakfast was to be offered until 1100 on Sunday) and they had totally run out of hot food, tables were not cleared or wiped when we sat down nor did anyone offer to do so, and we had to ask if any more food was coming to finally get an offer of a voucher to get breakfast in the coffee shop. In the coffee shop, the service was average at best, the fresh egg station unmanned, and I ended up sliicing my own beef from the abandoned carving station! Oh yeah, the food staff came up as I was finishing and gave me a dirty look and then when I asked if anyone was going to man the "made to order omelette/egg station or if I should just make one myself, I got almost no reaction and when I went back 2 minutes later they were both still unmanned!
3) On top of the average service, there were few pastries left, 1 kind of bread (sliced whole wheat of a non-descript variety), no fresh whole grain breads of any sort and no bagels in spite of their being cream cheese and smoked salmon nearby. A pretty sad buffet if anyone were to come down to the Sheraton expecting a "special Sunday Brunch experience'!
We also were served coffee and when I poured some cream in it, the cream was crusted over on the top and curdled underneath and I had to get a new cup, coffee and cream. A bit gross. We were told repeatedly how busy they were, but the cafe was just a bit less than half full!
4) We were coming down the elevator in the morning and in the middle of the floor someone had obviously just dumped what looked like half of a sno-cone with multi-coloured flavouring on the floor. We did what we thought would be a conscientious gesture to avoid someone accidentally stepping in it and advised the front desk what had happened and which elevator it was in. 40 minutes later when we got back on the same elevator, the sno-cone was now melted all over the floor and was almost impossible to avoid stepping in. Why did we bother to tell the front desk?!
5) We accidentally left a magazine in the cafe and when we tried to call down to see if someone could hold it for us at the hostess station, we tried to ring through via the front desk 4 times and nobody bothered to answer. We were eventually told to just come down and check for it ourselves, as the staff were too busy to pick up the phone...in a half empty restaurant!
Overall the experience at the Sheraton Suites Calgary Eau Claire was definitely not up to our expectations nor did it match many past positive experiences at the hotel.
August 4, 2012
Rated 5 out of 5 by Peter60 This hotel and staff takes great care of their guests
I had not been to this hotel in years but the hotel staff welcomed me as if I was a regular. The upgraded room and care that my SPG membership got me was a delight. I'll be back as soon as I can.
July 31, 2012