Rated 5 out of 5 by NetProphet One of the best Sheratons in the US
I've stayed at this hotel on 5-6 separate occasions when I need to stay a quick night in NY and I am flying out of LGA. It's one of the best Sheratons in the country, and certainly the best I've ever stayed in. In fact, of the 20-25 SPG hotels I've stayed in for business, this is one of the best of any brand.
The hotel is located in an Asian neighborhood in Queens, and it draws on that for its theme, which is kind of fun. I pretty consistently get upgraded from my status, the people at the front desk are great, and the rooms are always clean. They have an SPG lounge at this location as well, which is unusual for a Sheraton.
This is a really excellent hotel, I cannot recommend it enough if you are looking for something near the airport.
July 18, 2016
Rated 4 out of 5 by JessC95 Great front desk agent, clean room but hard bed
Stayed in the standard room. Beds are a bit harder than expected. Room is clean. Love the water pressure from the shower. Request for complimentary slippers are documented in their system. Front desk agent gave me the complimenary slippers and toothbrushes when I checked in. It would be better if front desk agent gave me a little bag to carry them to my room. I didn't order anything from room service but noticed the same finished tray had been placed in the hallway from the time I checked in (5/28/16 4:30 PM) till the next day (5/29 8:30 AM). I found it strange that no one ever came to take that away overnight.
May 30, 2016
Rated 2 out of 5 by erghammer stay away from the elevator bay
This place wasn't completely awful, and the staff were perfectly nice. But I wouldn't look forward to staying here again:
1) Immediately upon entering my room, I noticed a weird moldy smell. After reading reviews of other guests, I realize it must have been old cigarette smoke. This is just gross, one of the cardinal sins of hostelry. I still actually enjoy staying at a nice hotel when I have to travel on business, but staying in a room with the smell of old cigarette smoke is punishment. For this reason alone, I would never want to come back.
2) I was upgraded to the club floor, but my suite was right next to the elevator bay. A hotel really ought to ask a platinum member whether he/she wants that kind of "upgrade" before assigning it to him. What's worse, there was an obvious way to rearrange the room to minimize the elevator noise: the suite had two main rooms, a living room and a bedroom. The bedroom was just feet from the elevators, the living room much further away. Switch the rooms! That way, there would be an entire room (with doors that close) between the bed and the elevator bays. In fact, I ended up sleeping in the sofabed in the living room to do just that. (I should note that I called the front desk to switch rooms. They were full up and thus couldn't switch me, but did offer me 2500 Starpoints as an apology, which was decent of them.)
3) Even without the elevator itself making noise, the hallway was quite loud with "binging" from the elevator system every time the elevator stopped. There is simply no reason to make that thing so loud. The front door of my room was not thick enough to block it out, and I heard this sound all night.
4) The decor throughout is dated and a bit shabby.
5) The breakfast food was pretty mediocre, although I liked being able to have fried rice for breakfast. It reminded me of old times.
6) Although advertized as a LaGuardia Hotel, it's at least 3-4 miles away and, with traffic, the drive can take 15-20 minutes. Plan accordingly.
7) The drain in the shower was largely blocked. When I finished showering, the water was up to my ankles.
8) The club lounge was pretty meager.
9) The computers here don't really work. I tried one in the main lobby and another in the club lounge. Both of them were slow to the point of being pointless to use.
May 28, 2016
Rated 5 out of 5 by edithk907 Within Accessibility location
Overall the hotel has been my home since decade when I use to go back & forth Alaska & Florida.
I was working for the goverment back in the 90s.
In Anchorage, Alaska., I consider Sheraton as my home, passing thru going to the Arctic Circle.
This time is is my brothers memorial in NY. I love Spa Castle. I found Sheraton at the Flushing LaGuardia. Instantaneously, I booked to stay for 3 consecutive nights. I must say communication withe Lobby front Desk is rather difficult altho there are American staff member around. But the tone of voice is rather lack of assertiveness. It is hard for me to understand the Korean staff. The free WiFi is super annoying. It does not work in the room and if it ever work, it is super slow. I am truly disappointed. I have to go down at 3 am to the lobby to do my ticket & print. It is not very friendly wifi! I have trouble communicating with the front desk. Disappointing!
May 8, 2016
Rated 4 out of 5 by Verified Reviewer Review
This is a old hotel, with poor facility. Breakfast in SPG club was poor-provided. However, they have friendly staff helped me upon check in a lot.
April 5, 2016
Rated 4 out of 5 by RYYS Good Airport/Business Hotel
Stayed here while having some work to do in Queens for a few days. Nice executive lounge with good food offerings. Helpful staff and nice room size. Lots of food options in the surrounding area which was great. I would definitely return if on business in the area again.
March 13, 2016
Rated 2 out of 5 by ageorgin Avoid this one
This property needs a renovation and is not even that close to the airport. There is nothing to do in walking to the property and the staff was very rude about the shuttle service. I will not be back.
January 25, 2016
Rated 3 out of 5 by vkfrmd Needs Improvement
As a ambassador at SPG I stayed at this hotel but as a business person, this hotel did not meet my expectation. The room doesn't have power outlet close to bed or computer desk. When I called the staff downstairs they asked me to plug my computer to an outlet that was behind the TV. Also, the hotel only serves oatmeal as a hot item for breakfast.
The hotel is located at a great location and the staff are helpful. The staff at club lounge was nice.
December 11, 2015