The St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort
Inspired by the distinctive flavors and pristine landscape of the Maldives, the Island Mary complements the classic ingredients of a traditional Bloody Mary with kala namak salt, a distinctive seasoning popular in South Asian cuisine. Served in a nautilus seashell, the Island Mary evokes sunsets on Vommuli Island's fine white-sand beach, overlooking the glistening Indian Ocean.
- 2 oz / 60 ML premium vodka
- ½ oz / 15 ML Martini Bianco vermouth
- 4 oz / 120 ML tomato juice
- 2 tsp / 10 ML Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tsp / 10 ML Tabasco sauce
- 4 tsp / 20 ML lime juice
- 3 dashes celery bitters
- 1 pinch black pepper
- On the rim: kala namak salt*
- 1 celery stalk
- 1 slice of lime
*A salty and pungent condiment used in South Asian cuisines. Due to these characteristics, this salt is used to enhance the taste and texture of the Island Mary.
- Fill of a Boston shaker with ice.
- Gently pour all of the ingredients into the Boston shaker and shake it 3 times.
- Strain the contents into the nautilus seashell.