The St. Regis Lhasa Resort
Located in the eastern part of Lhasa, The St. Regis Lhasa Resort is this unique city’s most coveted address—conveniently located in the famed Barkhor area. The sweeping landscapes surrounding this exclusive resort provide a timeless, inviting setting for contemplation as well as exploration.
The word "Lhasa" is Tibetan for "the holy land" and with an altitude of 3,680 meters above sea level, Lhasa is one of the highest cities in the world. Lhasa is the capital of China’s Tibet Autonomous Region and has a fascinating history dating back more than 1,300 years.
The St. Regis Lhasa Resort faces the World Heritage Site, the Potala Palace, once the chief residence of the Dalai Lama. A mere six minutes by car from the resort, the palace has been converted into a museum. Jokhang Temple, another iconic structure and Norbulingka, the Dalai Lama’s former Summer Palace, are also close by.
Allow our chauffeur to take you on a guided tour to visit other extraordinary sites including Mount Everest, the “Goddess Mother of the Land’ and the Tashilunpo Monastery, founded in 1447. Yungbulakang, also known as “the Mosher and Song Holy Hall,” is an ancient palace built during the second century BC and sits atop the east bank of the Yalong River.
The resort is within a 10 minute walk to the ancient Barkhor shopping area and Jokhang Temple. Lhasa has many other famed attractions to explore including Barkhor Street, Lhasa's oldest thoroughfare, brimming with eclectic market stalls and diverse colorful architecture.
Voir la carte de la région
Bureaux de l'administration publique
- Consulat Général Royal du Népal 5.0 km/3.1 miles
- Université du Tibet 1.0 km/0.6 miles
- Tsedang 190.0 km/118.1 miles
- Gyangtse 270.0 km/167.8 miles
- Shigatse 280.0 km/174.0 miles
- Temple de Jokhang & rue Barkhor 2.0 km/1.2 miles
- Palais du Potala 3.0 km/1.9 miles
- Monastère de Sera 4.6 km/2.9 miles
- Robulinka 6.4 km/4.0 miles
- Monastère de Drepung 10.0 km/6.2 miles
- Le lac Yandro Yumtso 130.0 km/80.8 miles
- Le lac Namtso ou « lac céleste » 250.0 km/155.4 miles
- Le supermarché Bai Yi 2.5 km/1.5 miles
- Grand magasin de Lhassa 2.5 km/1.5 miles