The St. Regis Chengdu is strategically located for the most discerning business and leisure travellers, with many cultural and natural scenic spots in close proximity to the hotel.
Chengdu is the capital of Sichuan Province in the south west of China and is known as “the city of abundance”. With a long history dating back to the 4th century BC, Chengdu has some fascinating historical attractions to explore. Qingyang Taoist Temple was first built during the Zhou Dynasty and is one of the most celebrated Taoist temples in China. Other temples to discover include the beautifully ornate Baoguang (Divine Light) Temple which covers 80,000 square meters and Wenshu Yuan Monastery a serene complex with 300 Buddha statues, precious relics and a charming teahouse. The Huanglongxi Ancient Town features magnificently preserved Qing Dynasty buildings and is a unique opportunity to immerse yourself in Chengdu’s history.
Other cultural attractions include the Sichuan Science and Technology Museum, Sanxindui Museum and Sichuan University Museum. The Jinsha Site Museum features opulent jade and gold art pieces as well as tools with 3,000 to 5,000 years history.
Chengdu is world renown for The Chengdu Research Base of Giant Panda Breeding, the biggest facility of its kind in the world. The base is home to more than 80 giant pandas and the best time to visit is in the morning, when the pandas are most active.
There are numerous shopping options in Chengdu, from large retail malls to bustling markets selling souvenirs and unique local handicrafts.
The St. Regis Chengdu concierge can assist in arranging private car transport, or to design excursions suited to personal interests.
View Local Area Map
- Qingyang Temple 4.8 km/3.0 miles
- Chengdu International Exhibition Centre 14.5 km/9.0 miles
- Central Business District 0.0 km/0.0 miles
- Tianfu Square 0.0 km/0.0 miles
- Ancient Jinli Street 3.2 km/2.0 miles
- Temple of Marquis Wu 3.2 km/2.0 miles
- The Jinsha Site 8.1 km/5.0 miles
- Chengdu Panda Base 16.1 km/10.0 miles
- Mountain Qingcheng 67.6 km/42.0 miles
- Wide and Narrow Street 1.6 km/1.0 miles
- Dujiangyan 40.2 km/25.0 miles
- Deyang 61.2 km/38.0 miles
- Mianyang 120.7 km/75.0 miles
- Chunxi Road 0.0 km/0.0 miles
- Chengdu Railway Station 4.8 km/3.0 miles
- Chengdu Shuangliu International Airport 20.9 km/13.0 miles