Rated 4 out of 5 by Buster810 My stay
Great stay at the St. Regis. Great saltwater pool, and all facilities were top notch. The restaurant Ame had interesting and delicious entries.
April 7, 2015
Rated 5 out of 5 by Jeremy2189 How is this hotel anything other than 5 stars?
I've been platinum for 10 years and have stayed at many SPG properties across the country, Caribbean, Hawaii, and Europe. And I don't understand how this hotel could be classified as anything other than 5 stars.
Great staff. Fantastic bar food in the lobby lounge, especially the "burger." Wonderful complimentary breakfast options. Superb rooms, especially the separate bath tub and shower. As good of a pool/fitness facility as you will find in a large city hotel. And consistency, given this is our third stay here and the experience has been consistently excellent.
Will attempt to stay here every time I'm in SF. Would be a fool not to.
April 5, 2015
Rated 4 out of 5 by PiedmontWalker Great property - minor suggestions
The property and location are very convenient, As a Platinum SPG member I was upgraded to a corner room on the 18th floor (1803) with a view of the Yerba Buena and convention centers. Service was very friendly and attentive.
The email SPG feedback form was not sent to me, the actual guest, so I have to use this review form to make some minor suggestions to management. Please ignore if you are not management.
1. Elevator security weak - seemed like anyone off the street could use it. Best we've seen is the Hokulani HGV in Waikikiki where you must use your room card to activate the elevator, and then it will only go to the floor coded into the card.
2. At the 18th floor it was difficult to know which direction to go since there was very little contrast between the room number range posted on the hallway walls and the hallway walls - both were dark
3. The room card reader was difficult to use in the low light: finally pushed the card up (other hotels have the card go straight in or down)
4. There is another room card reader on the other side of the door in the unit, and it wasn't clear if we had to re-enter the card to maintain power in the unit (which many hotels require)
5. The draw cord mechanism on the opaque curtain next to the desk was hanging broken
6. The bathroom face mirror power button was loose making it difficult to turn on.
These are not major complaints, but I didn't know how else to notify management.
March 30, 2015
Rated 5 out of 5 by touchdownjj Excellent Location, Great for Business and Leisure Travellers
Hotel is located near the convention center, and easy 10 minute walking to the Union square. The valet was very responsive and quick in retrieving our car. the room was comfortable and quiet. The breakfast was delicious so are the cocktail at the lobby bar.
March 19, 2015
Rated 2 out of 5 by DonaldSummers Disappointed
My $800/night suite had holes in the carpet. The sofa was stained. And no kidding, there was mold in the shower. Overall the room was well overdue for a complete cosmetic overhaul.
A couple of the staff were excellent. Most were indifferent. The concierges were cold and incompetent. They bungled our reservations one evening--we showed up to a restaurant they booked us for to find we had no reservation after all-- and another evening, they sent us to a place with food that tasted like it came out of a microwave. We left starving.
The valets were excellent. The hotel car, a Bentley, was fabulous. One of the drivers did tell us that the concierges are regularly bribed by restaurants, so that explained the poor service there.
Anyhow, this place may have been great once, but from my view, it's on a rapid decline. Doesn't touch The Four Seasons or great boutique hotels like Opus.
March 16, 2015
Rated 5 out of 5 by MorganH3 Best hotel in San Francisco
Impeccable quality-- definitely will be booking St. Regis next time I'm in SF
March 3, 2015
Rated 2 out of 5 by JHE20131208 Charge for everything???
Asked for universal power adaptor and hotel staff said I have to purchase it. I was at this hotel before and they used to simply loan it to me. Perhaps too much funny money from Internet boom flowing into this hotel? This is ridiculous to charge for such adaptor since this is first time that I encountered this anywhere in the world.
February 22, 2015