Rated 5 out of 5 by Deanmed Seriously?
A magnificent, totally service oriented hotel. "Over the top!" BUT, sometimes simplicity trumps luxury! 1. Don't expect to be able to charge any of your electronic devices anywhere but in the bathroom. Outlets are few and those are fairly in accessible. Also, 2. if you want a quick cup of coffee in the morning you need to plan ahead and have the butler bring it. All in all a fabulous place with incredible staff. I'd go back anytime.
March 21, 2015
Rated 4 out of 5 by jechho Still a great hotel, but...
Second visit at this hotel. Still a wonderful and luxurious hotel. Great food in the restaurant! (Very surprised to see that the restaurant was almost empty.)
However, there are still room for improvements:
1. There was no "welcome back" at check in. And in the welcome letter that was waiting in my room, I was - as last time - titled as "Mrs". I laughed of it last year, but was more annoyed this year. How manly must I be before I become a "Mr" at this hotel?
2. Service at the pool was not good. Had to wait forever before we were asked if we wanted anything, and the ice water we ordered never came. Had to walk up to the bar area and ask if they had forgotten us. They seemed VERY occupied with some glamourous VIPs in the pool, who were buying a lot of drinks.
3. Traffic noise from Paces Road was quite noticable. Ask for a room not facing the road.
4. It was very difficult to block the light out of the room at night. Drapes were short, and there were all sorts of devices that lit up the room.
5. Doors slamming loudly when open/shut a problem. As usually - hard to understand why hotels of this class do not install door mechanism to prevent this.
5. SPG platinum amenity was never mentioned at check in. I didnt bring it up because I usually take the points.
6. I Had to work hard to get a decent SPG platinum upgrade. Why does one have to ASK FOR a suite upgrade EVERY time? If the property would just follow the SPG rules and upgrade proactively, platinum members could stop worrying about the verbal fight/game every time they check in.
November 8, 2011
Rated 5 out of 5 by jbailey Great place to stay in Atlanta.
The entire staff was very friendly and helpful. Can't wait to return for another visit.
March 15, 2015
Rated 5 out of 5 by BillWarnerRobins Extraordinary Hotel!
Absolutely the best hotel in Atlanta. The rooms and facilities are second to none. The most exceptional part of our stay was the superb treatment from the St. Regis staff, especially the Front Desk Manager, Mr. Desai. My wife and I on a whim decided to stay at the St Regis for my birthday. Mr. Desai went out of his way to ensure that everything was perfect for our stay. We will definitely be returning for all our future stays in Atlanta!
November 12, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by eyewell Luxurious
This place is beautiful... sweeping staircases, silk walls, wood paneled bar with great art, great food, great staff, amazing rooms... Can't wait to come back.
December 2, 2011
Rated 1 out of 5 by jg1257 Horrible Customer Service
While the facilities are outstanding and the ice skating is fantastic, the overall customer experience was horrific. The experience at check in should have been a good indicator of the rest of the stay. They treated me as if I was imposing on them at check in. It took three hours and repeated calls to get the reserved roll away to the suite.
I made a reservation for Thanksgiving dinner weeks in advance and when my family showed up for the event we were told we did not have a reservation even though we had the name of the employee who took the reservation. We were accommodated but we were not in the main facility and it was not handled professionally by the staff or management. The services in the restaurants at any meal was sub par. If you want to be treated right while you are at the St. Regis, dine somewhere else.
The holiday ice skating was wonderful and the people working that venue were great. However, I would not stay at this hotel to do the ice skating, just come in for the day.
I would not recommend this hotel to anyone. It was a very bad experience that could have been handled correctly by a professional organization. I am a frequent traveler and this was my worst experience.
November 29, 2011
Rated 5 out of 5 by LeBo Perfect
I was here for a birthday overnight and dinner for special lady. I had mistakenly made the reservation for another day and the staff handeled my error effortlessly. Room was great. Roy(Outlets Manager) handled the dinner reservations. He went above and beyond the call of duty. He made sure every request was honored and perfect. And it was. The waiter and service were ecellent and the dinner was flawless. Everything about my stay was perfect and I would highly recommend.
December 12, 2011
Rated 3 out of 5 by celrz6 Not a 5 Star hotel
Arreive early for checkin, was told chick-in time was 3pm. Given room a little after 4. Main restaurant is closed and was expected to eat in what is not much more than a lobby bar. No table cloths. Room was nice but shower head keep falling out of holder, fixed it by wedging wash cloth between shower and wall. Reading lights on headboard did not work. Butler servis was very good until Sunday morning, ordered coffee, tea and juice. Juice arrived, coffee and tea arrived about 30 minutes later. When leaving I call down for my car, left room went to front door to get car, waited about another 30 mintues. Nice hotel put some issues that keep it from being a 5 star.
December 10, 2012