Rated 4 out of 5 by jam8888 Great Spot Conitnues - only minor issues
St Regis Atlanta is fantastic. The only real place to stay here in town and one we'd highly recommend. Such a neat place. Our only issue was having to pay WiFi as a hotel guest, while people that come into the hotel can use it for free in the lobby and restaurants. Seems like the folks paying to stay should get that camped and the folks there to just look shouldn't. Other than that great spot.
July 21, 2014
Rated 1 out of 5 by Incorrectreservatoninfo Incorrect information
When making the reservation, I had Stephanie double check to make sure we would be allowed to smoke by the pool. When we arrive, we harassed by multiple employees about the smoking. I would not have stayed at this hotel if I had been told that smoking was not allowed. The worst experience I have had at a hotel.
July 15, 2014
Rated 4 out of 5 by jechho Still a great hotel, but...
Second visit at this hotel. Still a wonderful and luxurious hotel. Great food in the restaurant! (Very surprised to see that the restaurant was almost empty.)
However, there are still room for improvements:
1. There was no "welcome back" at check in. And in the welcome letter that was waiting in my room, I was - as last time - titled as "Mrs". I laughed of it last year, but was more annoyed this year. How manly must I be before I become a "Mr" at this hotel?
2. Service at the pool was not good. Had to wait forever before we were asked if we wanted anything, and the ice water we ordered never came. Had to walk up to the bar area and ask if they had forgotten us. They seemed VERY occupied with some glamourous VIPs in the pool, who were buying a lot of drinks.
3. Traffic noise from Paces Road was quite noticable. Ask for a room not facing the road.
4. It was very difficult to block the light out of the room at night. Drapes were short, and there were all sorts of devices that lit up the room.
5. Doors slamming loudly when open/shut a problem. As usually - hard to understand why hotels of this class do not install door mechanism to prevent this.
5. SPG platinum amenity was never mentioned at check in. I didnt bring it up because I usually take the points.
6. I Had to work hard to get a decent SPG platinum upgrade. Why does one have to ASK FOR a suite upgrade EVERY time? If the property would just follow the SPG rules and upgrade proactively, platinum members could stop worrying about the verbal fight/game every time they check in.
November 8, 2011
Rated 5 out of 5 by Traveler90 Great for an anniversary staycation
We spent another anniversary at the lovely St. Regis in Buckhead. This is the fifth time we've done that. It's a wonderful getaway without the time commitment of going out of town. The staff is wonderful, the rooms are roomy and cozy at the same time. The pool is great. We look forward to future stays.
July 8, 2014
Rated 4 out of 5 by ryantahoe I like this place
This was my 5th time staying here since its opening in 2009. Upon arrival, check in was prompt as we arrived after midnight and things were pretty dead. The gentleman who checked us in was welcoming and nice. He did recognize my SPG Platinum status. I appreciated that. I was hoping he would offer us a room upgrade. I had emailed prior to our arrival and was told we would have a Deluxe room (a step above the base Superior room). That was nice. Was just hoping for a possible suite upgrade. Ha. But, I assume nothing was available. The room was nice enough. Love the bathrooms (huge for even the base rooms). The beds are a little stiff (not as soft at W Buckhead) and shower nice. I always like chocolates, bottled water, and slippers. We enjoyed the pool all day Saturday with great service and pretty good food (lobster BLT). The breakfast menu used to have Nutella churro waffles. The past 2 times I've stayed they've not been on the menu but the chef has made them anyway. Yay! So so good. I love the location (not in congested area of Buckhead) with some nice shops and restaurants nearby (Patagonia, Fish Hawk, London Trading Co.). Greatly looking forward to the new in house restaurant Atlas opening. But, I do miss Paces 88. I'll be back.
July 7, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by Tippy15 stay
Hotel was an excellent weekend stay.
July 7, 2014
Rated 4 out of 5 by Obryan2014 Beatiful facility
Great staff and beautiful facility
July 4, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by Maria60 Wedding guest review
The facilities and amenities at this hotel are excellent. The wedding reception we attended was spectacular!
June 12, 2014