Rated 5 out of 5 by Ashleyok The Gem of Buckhead
My husband and I stayed at the ST. Regis recently for a family function and to celebrate life. We were impressed upon walking into the lobby and noticing the tasteful, intimate feel of the hotel. The staff, especially Kevin at the reception desk , the bartenders, the girls in the spa, were all so hospitable and professional. We really felt like we were in a wonderful 5 star boutique hotel. Each evening upon returning to the hotel we enjoyed the lounge. It just so happens this is the hotspot of Buckhead! Even when crowded the service was awesome. The location of this hotel is wonderful also. There are many restaurants and upscale stores to peruse . We had a wonderful spacious room with a great view and open balcony which we would highly recommend. We would finally like to thank our Butler for the surprise Champagne and strawberries.
Missing Atlanta and the St.regis,
Ashley and Jeff
November 17, 2014
Rated 4 out of 5 by jechho Still a great hotel, but...
Second visit at this hotel. Still a wonderful and luxurious hotel. Great food in the restaurant! (Very surprised to see that the restaurant was almost empty.)
However, there are still room for improvements:
1. There was no "welcome back" at check in. And in the welcome letter that was waiting in my room, I was - as last time - titled as "Mrs". I laughed of it last year, but was more annoyed this year. How manly must I be before I become a "Mr" at this hotel?
2. Service at the pool was not good. Had to wait forever before we were asked if we wanted anything, and the ice water we ordered never came. Had to walk up to the bar area and ask if they had forgotten us. They seemed VERY occupied with some glamourous VIPs in the pool, who were buying a lot of drinks.
3. Traffic noise from Paces Road was quite noticable. Ask for a room not facing the road.
4. It was very difficult to block the light out of the room at night. Drapes were short, and there were all sorts of devices that lit up the room.
5. Doors slamming loudly when open/shut a problem. As usually - hard to understand why hotels of this class do not install door mechanism to prevent this.
5. SPG platinum amenity was never mentioned at check in. I didnt bring it up because I usually take the points.
6. I Had to work hard to get a decent SPG platinum upgrade. Why does one have to ASK FOR a suite upgrade EVERY time? If the property would just follow the SPG rules and upgrade proactively, platinum members could stop worrying about the verbal fight/game every time they check in.
November 8, 2011
Rated 5 out of 5 by BillWarnerRobins Extraordinary Hotel!
Absolutely the best hotel in Atlanta. The rooms and facilities are second to none. The most exceptional part of our stay was the superb treatment from the St. Regis staff, especially the Front Desk Manager, Mr. Desai. My wife and I on a whim decided to stay at the St Regis for my birthday. Mr. Desai went out of his way to ensure that everything was perfect for our stay. We will definitely be returning for all our future stays in Atlanta!
November 12, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by AlanK Excellent Hotel
Great Hotel. Excellent Service
November 1, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by HighZeke Fantastic stay
Great hotel and staff. Concierge very helpful in finding a sushi restaurant in the area. While a tad on the pricey side, you get what you pay for.
October 30, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by Dhacker1026 Simply Fantastic!
My husband and I stayed at The St. Regis Atlanta over the weekend to celebrate my birthday. We have visited your hotel on numerous occasions but just to go to the bar. This time we chose to stay with you overnight and it was by far one of the best hotel stays I have ever experienced. Thank you so much for making my birthday so special!
October 27, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by eyewell Luxurious
This place is beautiful... sweeping staircases, silk walls, wood paneled bar with great art, great food, great staff, amazing rooms... Can't wait to come back.
December 2, 2011
Rated 1 out of 5 by jg1257 Horrible Customer Service
While the facilities are outstanding and the ice skating is fantastic, the overall customer experience was horrific. The experience at check in should have been a good indicator of the rest of the stay. They treated me as if I was imposing on them at check in. It took three hours and repeated calls to get the reserved roll away to the suite.
I made a reservation for Thanksgiving dinner weeks in advance and when my family showed up for the event we were told we did not have a reservation even though we had the name of the employee who took the reservation. We were accommodated but we were not in the main facility and it was not handled professionally by the staff or management. The services in the restaurants at any meal was sub par. If you want to be treated right while you are at the St. Regis, dine somewhere else.
The holiday ice skating was wonderful and the people working that venue were great. However, I would not stay at this hotel to do the ice skating, just come in for the day.
I would not recommend this hotel to anyone. It was a very bad experience that could have been handled correctly by a professional organization. I am a frequent traveler and this was my worst experience.
November 29, 2011