Rated 5 out of 5 by alfie1 worth the five stars
This hotel is absolutely great for a few days rest and sightseeing in Osaka. Unfortunately there is no swimming pool. However you can get your exercise by walking miles and miles of shopping streets.
May 28, 2016
Rated 1 out of 5 by bengh Very Disapponting Experience
1. Upon arrival, we were told our booked and confirmed room rates would be higher because my wife is staying in the room. Then where else do you expect my wife to stay? Get an additional room? We never had to pay any additional charges ALL these years. Be it me alone or with my wife or kids when we stayed at SPG or any other hotels!
2. Upon check in we were briefed by the check in staff that DOMESTIC calls are complimentary. To a foreigner like us, when u mention Domestic. It means anywhere within Japan. Who would think that Tokyo is not DOMESTIC? Then what would you deem Tokyo as? International? To our horror when we checked out, we were charged >7,500 for local Domestic calls made to Tokyo! The staff that checked us out, Ms M T showed us the fine prints that DOMESTIC calls are calls starting with "06". One should not expect the guests to know 06 is Osaka just like I do not expect you to know 65 is Singapore. You should just say free calls ONLY WITHIN OSAKA! It is a substantial amount for a few minutes of call at > 7500 excluding taxes. Had I been briefed properly, I would have used my Mobil phone which would be much cheaper or free if I used whatsapp. The charges were unjustifiable and we felt cheated!
3. When we returned from dinner, we realised that the room was NOT turned down for 2 although we were told earlier we had to pay an additional 9k for my wife. AND the Nepresso coffee machine was not working. BUT the Butler saved the day by bringing in 2 cups of hot coffee.
4. We did our checkout at 4pm although out flight was midnight. Our request for a 2 hours' extend was not accommodated. We settled the bill by cash. We left our luggage at the concierge and head off for early dinner at 4pm. The staff that checked us out and took the 78k cash was Ms M T. At 6pm, we returned to the hotel to collect our luggage. Concierge told us that we had to go back to the check in counter to sign the receipt before we can collect the luggage. I signed and took the luggage.
5. My wife took a second look at the signed receipt, with an amount of 78k. Upon further questioning, Ms M T told us its a credit card payment for our stay!! We told her that we have already settled everything by cash when we checked out at 4pm! But she claimed that she did not receive it. We were lost momentarily. We showed her the stamped "Paid" invoice but she claimed that she did not collect the cash. It's so humiliating. My wife told her to check the drawer again as she remembered seeing her put away the cash in the drawer. To our relief, the cash were there. Ms M T apologized and reversed out the visa charges.
6. We were very disappointed with the service standard of the hotel. She took our cash and still charge us again. Had my wife NOT pointed out the mistake, we would have paid twice. How can we claim reimbursement when we are back in Singapore with the bill arriving a month later. The cash would have been gone! She made me signed a receipt meant for the luggage that turned out to be visa charges. As a loyal, Platinum SPG customer, we were really disappointed and disgusted! We had high regards for the integrity and service standards of SPG Hotels. BUT we were wrong!
April 3, 2016
Rated 5 out of 5 by cucu1965 Outstanding
This was not our first stay at St.Regis Osaka - it is great to see that the level of excellence of this hotel remains outstanding with time. Excellence is what you expect from a St.Regis of course, but what makes Osaka special is the quality of service and the courtesy and responsiveness of the hotel staff, which is unbeatable.
Thanks to all of you and see you soon.
March 28, 2016
Rated 5 out of 5 by Jamison Second to none customer service
I have not even set foot on the property yet (trip is upcoming in April 2016), but I've already been impressed by the hotel's amazing customer service -- specifically the butler service. I wanted to lock down a number of restaurant reservations (including a few Michelin star spots) throughout my stay for my girlfriend and I, but given that I don't speak fluent Japanese, this would have been near impossible without the help of the e-Butler service. I exchanged a number of e-mails with Atsuko Moriya who was extremely kind, patient, and thorough with all of my requests. Atsuko-san was not only able to help secure all of my restaurant reservations in Osaka, but also helped book a number of reservations in Tokyo also. He even went out of his way to provide local recommendations while in Osaka. I cannot say enough great things about my experience with Atsuko-san and the e-Butler service.
Now we are very much looking forward to our trip in a few weeks. Thank you Atsuko-san!
March 22, 2016
Rated 5 out of 5 by kaosheng Best hotel experience
This is one of the best hotel experience I had thus far. Will def come back again if I travel to Osaka again.
March 18, 2016
Rated 5 out of 5 by Freeman21 Superb Hotel
The services are just too good, even if you do not speak any Japanese is not a problem at all in this hotel, and their just know how to make your stay smooth and well. very nicely located in the town area with subway just 1 minute from hotel. Breakfast is just fantastic, don't miss it, nice bar, just too bad they do not have sauna and pool, or not they will have prefect score from me. I have to thanks St. Regis Osaka to make my stay so comfortable every time, will be back again for sure.
March 15, 2016
Rated 5 out of 5 by Verified Reviewer Truly one of the best
It is my second time here and it was absolutely perfect. I went to osaka to eat at all the 3 Star and michelin restaurants and all were booked perfectly. Everything was top notch.
I will definitely go back although prices seem to be going up annually but st regis is one of the best hotels in the world.
March 12, 2016
Rated 4 out of 5 by mrsmrtguy Great Hotel, Great Location
First time staying at the St Regis and to be honest I had pretty high expectations given all the raving reviews from friends who stayed here before. First off, the suites was absolutely great. I really enjoyed the room and the complementary allowance for the mini bar each day for platinum members. The butler service was generally rather helpful but it does take them a while to reply via email. They have 12 different pillows you can choose from and the breakfast was pretty good as well. I would definitely recommend this hotel to others stayin in the osaka area.
March 11, 2016