Rated 5 out of 5 by JayJaySt Perfect Nest in Osaka
In terms of location, Hommachi is not really my first choice. But when it comes to the hotel, out of my experiences of trying almost all the 5 star hotels in Osaka, NOTHING came close in terms of overall comfort, satisfaction, coziness, and level of hospitality.
It truly is a valuable SPG gem in Osaka.
Everyone in the hotel generated the sense of professionalism and sincerity.
Truly felt blessed staying with St Regis Osaka.
I'm looking very forward to returning to the hotel again. Soon.
Thank you all.
April 23, 2015
Rated 5 out of 5 by Laura333 Outstanding service by manager
We were guests for only two nights arriving on April 8th. Because of some confusion we were assigned to a smoking room. As a chronic asthmatic, this was fatally unacceptable. The first night we were placed in a "one night only" room and told by three people on the following day that there was "no other room available in the hotel and we would HAVE to go into the smoking room. We appealed for help and a graciously charming manager stepped forward to help. I BELIEVE that it was Mr. Tsutomu Ono.PLEASE CONFIRM that HE was the one who intervened since I think Mr.Terashima was also on duty at the time. Mr. Ono worked determinedly and miraculously was able to upgrade us into Room 2782. He continued to monitor our well-being and made all arrangements for our departure to Tokyo. His EXCELLENCE as your ambassador needs to be applauded and I hope that you will document his file with my highest compliments accordingly.
April 15, 2015
Rated 5 out of 5 by chuckkwonsf Always best comfort
it is always pleasure stayinng @ this facility.
Special thanks to butler Yuka Tanaka, Mao Kinoshita and Atsuko for all the provided service.
April 2, 2015
Rated 4 out of 5 by CAW4 Conflicted...
I really want to love this hotel. It's probably the best in Osaka, but it can certainly improve. I've stayed a couple times at this property, this was a 2 night stay.
Pro: 1. Check-in staff was very helpful, even though my corporate travel had made an error with the reservation.
2.The rooms are very attractive, comfortable, and immaculate.
3. Laundry was returned incredibly... each piece with plastic over-wraps and folded beautifully.
Cons: 1. Food and beverage. I ate at La Veduta for breakfast twice. They didn't explain to select a breakfast entree until when I was finishing the limited-selection buffet plate (a waffle that was the size of 2 fingers, side-by-side?) The second day, I was time-budgeted, so I placed the "entree" order and made requests for orange juice and a cappuccino, at time of seating. I got the juice when nearly finished and the coffee as I was leaving the restaurant Mid-way through the small plate, I requested the entree again and was told that it was forgotten. I was assured that they were hurrying it through the kitchen. When I got up to leave 8 - 10 minutes later, I still was yet to see the "entree". Fresh fruit on that bar was pineapple and melon. No berries, nothing exquisite...
2. Doorman. Upon arrival, while I was in paying the cab driver, the doorman opened the cab door 4 times and then would close it. He did not attempt to get my bags out of the trunk. While at check-in, he continued to linger in both distracting and annoyingly close proximity.
3. Butler. Generally good and helpful. When I called to ask about a late night pharmacy, she struggled to understand and then offered to come to the room. I specifically said, "please do not come to the room, I'm already in bed... This will wait until morning." Moments later, someone was ringing the doorbell with a map to the nearest pharmacy.
Perhaps more multilingual staff would help with understanding. It just seemed like people were scrambling around, but they were not listening or understanding.
February 13, 2015
Rated 5 out of 5 by SolomonWei Beyond all expectations
St. Regis, Osaka is the best hotel I ever stayed.
Almost all services and facilities are beyond my expectation.
January 16, 2015
Rated 5 out of 5 by Misser Fabulous!
St. Regis quality + Japanese hospitality = a wonderful experience in Osaka. Absolutely gorgeous hotel, beautifully decorated yet very comfortable. Breakfast certainly met St. Regis standards!
January 15, 2015
Rated 5 out of 5 by Vincos Simply the Valhalla of Osaka Hostelry
OVERALL IMPRESSION: The highly-touted level of service which the St. Regis brand aspires to is, unfortunately, simply impossible to achieve in many of its affiliates…but this is the glowing exception to the rule. This is service of the very highest caliber…performed with elegance and deference in the finest of Japanese tradition… flawlessly married to the other brand standards of elegant decor and superlative quality to make the perfect St. Regis.
SPG RECOGNITION: Extraordinary. In-room check-in. Upgrade to the finest high-floor, view suite. Beautiful in-room amenity. Grand breakfast.
THE ROOM: Opulent and yet understated at the same time, Modern Asian style with the highest quality of everything - from the woods to the marbles to the silks. And large enough to get lost in!
LOCATION: At the top of one of Osaka’s gleaming towers with the city’s most elegant shopping below but also very typical lanes with local-style food very close by. A metro link in the basement of the tower.
EXCEEDED EXPECTATIONS: The concept of the “butler” in some places, while great on paper, seems somehow anachronistic. Here, performed with the aplomb and grace of Japanese culture, butler service was a pleasure to observe and to experience.
DID NOT MEET EXPECTATIONS: The public spaces, while elegant and glamorous, are quite sacrificed in terms of size. There is no lobby to speak of (only a very small tea lounge) and I, personally, missed the grand space of a towering lobby in which to convene and socialize.
ONE THING TO KNOW: If the budget permits - and rates usually seem to be incredibly reasonable - there really is no better choice in Osaka.
January 11, 2015
Rated 5 out of 5 by Amazing101 Awesome service - very impresed
My first time to Japan. Can't say enough about how amazing this hotel and service is. The hotel, room, amenities and service are truly amazing. Personal butler and a menu pillow! I left very impressed.
2 experiences stood out to me at this hotel;
(1) I had a drink at the bar and ordered a grapefruit juice. The bartender ran downstairs to fetch fresh grapefruit for me. He felt bad because my drink too so long to make and ended up giving me my drink voucher back.
(2) A few days after our trip, I noticed I had a missing laundry bag. I contact housekeeping at the hotel and they found my bag. The staff was very helpful and patient assisting me. (at the time i was still traveling in Taiwan and I live in the USA). After answering my various questions of cost, time to ship my package I finally decided to ask them to ship to my home in the USA. My package arrived neatly folder. I was already impressed with the hotel before I noticed I forgot my laundry bag at the room, however their continued service after I left is just AMAZING.
January 10, 2015