Rated 5 out of 5 by Lei711 Good to great, excellent service, highly recommended
Booking with hotel sales manager direct for a group rate, rate was great and a 1st feeling of the hotel staff was great. Currently, The St. Regis bar on the ground floor offers complimentary happy hours (5-7pm) to all the guest, and Thursday, they have a seafood session for Gold/Plat. member. I enjoyed it very much. Room is good and well equipmented. International newspaper are avaliable for delivery. The best about this hotel is the butler serivces, they really can manage all my expectations, mobility, locations, in room coffee and tea, etc. Just beyond my expectation. The morning buffet was with good quality and many options, quite simple, if you are not a heavy breakfast eater, this shall be also good. Gym is on B1 underground, I wish there would be a riverview gym somehow, but well equiped. Swimming pool is quite nice, but with one issue (below). The conceige provide with good services and so does all of the hotel staffs. Improvement can be, 1. Swimming pool, the water temp is around 26, a little bit chill I would say, 2. Gym location, can be better 3. Cleanness of the room, can be better but already at good standard. I'll definitely stay at this hotel again and highly recommend this hotel to others.
March 18, 2013
Rated 2 out of 5 by Richman Not Ready for Preferred Guest Stay
1. Check in reception: took more that 15mins to get the registration done
2. Power plug next to the working table.:Very disapointed that this new hotel does not eqiup with international mutiple plugs
3. My laundry was not send to my room as promised, before my checked out time.
4. Buttler, did not do a good job. No one came to help to bring my luggage afer 15min of my call to request for the service. I brought the luggage by myself
5. Not enough rubbish bins in the room
6. No stationary
7. Design layout of the room is not perfect as hotel for example bathroom doors are clashing each other, pantry to make coffee
November 16, 2011
Rated 5 out of 5 by hyh1 Great hotel
Stopped by for a good night's rest after a long trip across N. China.
Met all expectations. The chocolates were great!
July 1, 2012
Rated 2 out of 5 by jasonfg Keep me waiting in front desk for 20 minutes
I was asked to wait in the front desk for my room is not ready. It's already around 3PM , waiting for the room ready is not a big issue , the keey problem is that No butler or hotel staff serve me at least a cup of water.
When I took the breakfast next day, I was led to a table and put my room key there. I suprised finding there's someone sit on my table and she was also led by the waitress to the table.
September 26, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 My favourite hotel of all time
Excellent choice of breakfast.
Big, quiet, clean, modern room.
Extremely friendly staff.
HBO, Cinemax, BBC, TV5. Perfect for the English -French speaker (Me)
Staff respected the "Do not disturb".
Great view. Modern, beautiful architecture. Great location.
When I return to Tianjin, I will definitely stay here.
March 31, 2013
Rated 4 out of 5 by bill1233 good facilities
good services good facilities, but too little capacity of the breakfast buffet restaurant, long tme waiting. The living room main light cannot be turned off in the suite.
February 15, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by AK6009 Almost perfect
From the minute I checked in, it's near perfect. It ONLY took 2 days before the breakfast staff know my room number(it's unheard of in China). The ONLY thing that is subpar is the pillow selection, I asked for a firm pillow, what I got were some green tea or jasmine tea pillow. And the reason given was there is no firm pillow available, but, when my coworker turn up a few days later, he got 2 firm pillow. House keeping should keep in mind my preference and when a "preferred" selection available, make it available for me. That's the only negative in my whole stay. I will be back for sure as more business are being conducted in the area.
March 31, 2013
Rated 3 out of 5 by xuyaoyork Disappointed stay!
This is my second stay in this hotel but it is very unsatisfactory this time.
1. I was wake up 6:30in the morning by a wake up call. Apparently the hotel staff confused me as a "Mr. Wang" who set up a wake up call at 6:30 while my wake up call was intended to be set at 8. A mistake that should not be happening in a St.Regis!
2. Bathroom floor - not clean with obvious stains.
3. I was promised by the butler who led me to my room that there would be complimentary fruit platter delivered to my room around 3pm but I never received that for two days.
4. Finding cabs is always like a nightmare but this not the hotel's fault I guess.
January 26, 2014