Park of Monza
Wonderful Lombard park
Address: Viale Brianza Monza 20052 Italy
Monza Park was created between 1805-10 on the orders of Luigi di Beauharnais, the Napoleonic viceroy, as an extension of the gardens of the Villa Reale to create a model estate and hunting grounds. Designed by Luigi Canonica, a pupil of Piermarini, and Luigi Villoresi, it was enlarged in 1840 by Giovanni Brenna. The park is one of Lombardy's largest green areas and the largest enclosed park in Europe. It has a perimeter of 14 km and covers 800 hectares; it has 3 woods, cultivated areas, mills, farmhouses and villas and was landscaped to create long straight views that once divided the various areas to suit the court. The Autodromo was built in it in 1920 (one of the first race tracks) and has continued to take up more space ever since, changing the nature of the park. The construction of 150,000 seats on 1 million sq. metres of land brought the destruction of various sections of woodland. There are also various other sporting facilities: 9 and 18 hole golf courses, tennis courts and a riding school bring thousands of visitors and sports fans every Sunday.
Phone: +39 393 23 222
The information detailed on these pages is subject to change. No representation is made and no warranty given as to the validity of the content, including road conditions, route usability and expeditiousness. The user assumes all risk of use. Microsoft, Starwood Hotels and Resorts, Inc., and their suppliers assume no responsibility for any loss or delay resulting from such use.
The material contained on this site is for informational purposes only and should not be considered a recommendation. Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc., is not responsible or liable for any errors or inaccuracies with respect to the information contained on this page.
Portions of above content, Copyright © 1999-2007 wcities.com. All Rights Reserved.