The Westin Xiamen
Overlooking the Taiwan Strait in Fujian Province, the coastal city of Xiamen, also known as Amoy, is one of China’s top holiday destinations. Ideally positioned and offering sprawling city views from a towering building, The Westin Xiamen is located in the city’s central business district. Xiamen Gaoqi International Airport (XMN) can be reached by car in 15 minutes.
Explore Xiamen’s rich cultural heritage and fascinating history. Visit “Piano Island,” the car-free island of Gulangyu, accessible via a 10-minute ferry ride, and take a leisurely stroll along its winding paths adorned with colonial architecture and gardens. A piano museum houses dozens of unique instruments, and the Gulangyu Piano Biennial Festival in August involves a series of recitals and concertos by pianists from around the world. Spiritual wellness awaits at Shuzhuang Garden. Divided into two parts—the Garden of Hiding the Sea and the Garden of Making-Up Hills—it is filled with beautiful pavilions, bridges, hills, and unexpected sea views. Elevate your senses with a bird’s-eye view of the city at Xiamen’s highest point, Sunlight Rock. Its rock path features inscriptions from famous poets dating up to 400 years ago, and the peak houses an impressive aviary with a range of local and international birds.
On Xiamen Island, serenity can be found at Nanputuo Temple, one of China’s oldest. Built during the Tang Dynasty, this beautiful Buddhist structure sits on a mountain overlooking the sea, and contains many fascinating cultural relics and artifacts. See the remains of Hulishan Fort, located on Island-Ring Road, and seek out its famous Krupp cannon. The Wanshi Botanical Garden is also intriguing. This tranquil respite features 29 floral gardens containing more than 5,000 species of tropical and subtropical plants.
Delight in Xiamen’s local treasures, including beaded embroidery, dried seafood, sweetheart cake, and lacquer engravings. Xiamen is also famous for its abundance of seafood called haixian, herbal dishes, Putuo vegetable dishes, and local snacks.
Посмотреть карту окрестностей
- Xiamen Jiangtou Zhongyi Hospital 3.0 км/1.9 мили (миль)
- Xiamen Zhongshan Hospital 4.6 км/2.9 мили (миль)
- Xiamen University 8.8 км/5.5 мили (миль)
- Nanputuo Temple 10.0 км/6.2 мили (миль)
- Xiamen International Convention Center 11.0 км/6.8 мили (миль)
- ABB 3.7 км/2.3 мили (миль)
- Linda Xiamen Forklift Corp. Ltd. 5.4 км/3.4 мили (миль)
- Swire Coca-Cola Beverages Xiamen Ltd. 5.6 км/3.5 мили (миль)
- 3M Corporation 7.0 км/4.3 мили (миль)
- General Electric 7.0 км/4.3 мили (миль)
- Dell Computers 7.5 км/4.7 мили (миль)
- Honeywell 7.5 км/4.7 мили (миль)
- Maersk Logistics 8.0 км/5.0 мили (миль)
- Lenovo 9.0 км/5.6 мили (миль)
- Embassy of the Phillipines 2.0 км/1.2 мили (миль)
- Thai Embassy 6.6 км/4.1 мили (миль)
- Singapore Embassy 7.0 км/4.3 мили (миль)
- Sunlight Rock 8.0 км/5.0 мили (миль)
- Hulishan Fort 14.5 км/9.0 мили (миль)
- Gulangyu Island 8.0 км/5.0 мили (миль)
- SM Shopping Center 1.8 км/1.1 мили (миль)
- Coffee Street 4.0 км/2.5 мили (миль)
- Wanda Plaza 8.0 км/5.0 мили (миль)
- Train Station 4.5 км/2.8 мили (миль)
- Xiamen Port 8.0 км/5.0 мили (миль)
- Xiamen Gaoqi International Airport (XMN) 9.6 км/6.0 мили (миль)