Adobe Chapel Museum
San Diego's Original Religion
Address: 3963 Conde Street San Diego 92110 United States
Behind trees, hidden from the historic prestige of much of the rest of Old Town San Diego, this white stucco chapel was built in 1850 as the home of John Brown. Don Jose Aguirre converted this building into a parish in 1858. This chapel, a rebuild of the original bulldozed chapel, contains many of the original artifacts, including the tabernacle, alter, pews, and doors. For those who question the hauntings of the Whaley House operated in conjuction with the Adobe Chapel, Jose Aguirre's tomb is in the floor of the chapel. In the sanctuary, guests can sit at one of the pews set in a single row in front of two altars that separated the faithful from the various parishioners. - Erick Pettersen
Hours: Sa to Su from 10:00 AM to 05:00 PM
Nearest Transportation: Bus # 8, 9, 10, 14, 28, 30, 35
Credit Cards: ,
The information detailed on these pages is subject to change. No representation is made and no warranty given as to the validity of the content, including road conditions, route usability and expeditiousness. The user assumes all risk of use. Microsoft, Starwood Hotels and Resorts, Inc., and their suppliers assume no responsibility for any loss or delay resulting from such use.
The material contained on this site is for informational purposes only and should not be considered a recommendation. Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc., is not responsible or liable for any errors or inaccuracies with respect to the information contained on this page.
Portions of above content, Copyright © 1999-2007 wcities.com. All Rights Reserved.