The Westin Langkawi Resort & Spa
Powered by Foursquare
The beautiful Langkawi archipelago consists of 101 mystical little islands, home to some of the most superb beaches and tropical rain forests in the world.
In addition to the historical sites of Mahsuri, culture buffs will delight in the incredible modern art galleries, the local crafts markets, the Ibrahim Hussein Art Museum and the Crafts Complex Langkawi. The beautiful marble tomb of Princess Mahsuri documents the Mahsuri legend and its ongoing effect on the local culture.
Nature and adventure travel lovers won't be disappointed either. Take a trip to the undisturbed diving and snorkeling reefs of Pulau Payar Marine Park. Climb through the multitude of caves along the thrilling coastline or take a splendid self-guided hike to spectacular Seven Wells (Telaga Tujuh) on Burau Bay, where a seven-leveled waterfall cascades down over 90 meters. The hot springs of Telaga Air Hangat are also a wonderful place to experience. The fresh water lake on Pregnant Maiden Island—a highlight on the island—is rumored to have magical properties for the women who drink its pristine waters. For a bird's eye view of the spectacular Andaman Sea and rain forest, take an exciting 700-meter cable car ride up to Gunung Mat Cincang.
Join local guides in the wildlife sanctuaries, where you can feed the eagles from your hand or visit the crocodile farm, with the largest selection of crocodile and alligator species in the world. Make friends with Bujang Kawi, the oldest inmate weighing over 1,000 pounds.
Langkawi is a duty-free island, offering a tempting range of local and luxury goods. Splurge at the boutiques of Oriental Village, Langkawi International Airport, Jetty Point and Langkawi Fair Mall. And don’t miss Pasar Malam—the night market—where locals gather to sell handcrafted goods and traditional Malay foods.
Simply put, the options for you to recharge and renew in this enchanting paradise are boundless.
View Local Area Map
Local Area Recommendations Powered By Foursquare
Seasonal Tastes Restaurant-
Popular with SPG members2.
Wonderland Food Store (Chinese Muslim Restaurant)-
Fast Food Restaurants
Wan Thai Restaurant-
Restoran Nasi Kandar Al Aiman-
Water Garden Restaurant-
Deli / Bodega
Arts & Culture
- Eagle Square 1.4 km/0.9 miles
- Galeria Perdana 15.0 km/9.3 miles
- Mahsuri’s Tomb 15.5 km/9.6 miles
- Gunung Raya Golf Course 3.5 km/2.2 miles
- 99 East Golf Club 14.6 km/9.1 miles
- Langkawi Sunset Cruise 0.7 km/0.4 miles
- Rice Garden 14.7 km/9.1 miles
- Cultural Craft Complex 16.5 km/10.3 miles
- The Kilim Geoforest Park 26.0 km/16.2 miles
- Gunung Raya Mountain 28.5 km/17.7 miles
- Oriental Village (Cable Car) 31.1 km/19.3 miles
- Telaga Tujuh (The Seven Wells) 32.8 km/20.4 miles
- Temurun Waterfalls 41.4 km/25.7 miles
- Langkawi Bird Paradise And Wildlife Park 3.6 km/2.2 miles
- Underwater World 22.9 km/14.2 miles
- Pantai Tengah Beach 23.2 km/14.4 miles
- Pantai Cenang Beach 23.5 km/14.6 miles
- Tanjung Rhu Beach 23.6 km/14.7 miles
- Pantai Kok Beach 25.4 km/15.8 miles
- Langkawi Payar Island Marine Park 33.4 km/20.8 miles
- Jetty Point Shopping Center 1.2 km/0.8 miles
- Langkawi Fair Shopping Mall 1.9 km/1.2 miles
- Night Market 3.0 km/1.9 miles
- Langkawi Parade Megamall 4.7 km/2.9 miles
- Cenang Mall 23.5 km/14.6 miles