The Westin Nanjing
Welcome to Nanjing, the second largest city in East China and one of China’s Four Great Ancient Capitals. Situated in the Yangtze River Delta with a name meaning 'Southern Capital', Nanjing is a historic city dating back more than 2,500 years—and is stepping forward today as one of China's fastest-growing commercial centers.
The Westin Nanjing is conveniently situated in the Hunan Road central business district, just minutes from major corporations, restaurants, retail shopping, and the subway, and only 45 minutes from Nanjing Lukou International Airport (NKG). Only steps away is the bustling and vibrant city, including the Nanjing Planning and Construction Exhibition Hall, which conveniently connects us to the subway station.
Nanjing offers 1,000-year-old Buddhist relics, pagodas, and beautiful natural landscapes. Also known as the Gate of China, Nanjing's Zhonghua Gate is an important and distinct city landmark. For a unique experience, guests are encouraged to attend a 600-year-old Kunqu Opera performance. Moreover, Nanjing is home to one of China’s largest museums, The Nanjing Museum, which contains 11 exhibition halls showcasing everything from ancient Chinese earthenware and jade to modern art. Also notable is the China Modern History Museum, housed in what was once the palatial office of the President of the Republic of China.
Guests will not want to miss the wealth of underground shopping in Xinjekou, as well as the upscale shopping center that is connected to the hotel, complete with a cinema and restaurants. Nanjing 1912 is also a popular entertainment complex comprising historical Chinese architecture mixed with modern western styles, with pubs, discos, and teahouses to cater to every taste—while Shizi Qiao, the famed pedestrian "food" street, offers delicious local and international cuisine.
Nanjing boasts numerous scenic spots as well. A mere five-minute walk from the hotel, the lovely Xuanwu Lake is 15 kilometers in circumference. Considered by some to be one of the world’s greatest Buddhist temples, Linggu Temple is a famous, must-see attraction. Alternatively, you can escape to nature at the beautiful Zhong Mountain Scenic Area—home to Dr. Sun Yat-sen’s Mausoleum and The Purple Mountain Observatory.
View Local Area Map
Arts & Culture
- Nanjing Museum 8.0 km/5.0 miles
- Nanjing Normal University 4.0 km/2.5 miles
- Nanjing University 4.0 km/2.5 miles
- Jiangsu Province Hospital of TCM 5.0 km/3.1 miles
- Nanjing Economic Technological Developing Zone 20.0 km/12.4 miles
- Nanjing Pukou Economic Technological Developing Zone 26.0 km/16.2 miles
- Xuan Wu Lake 0.8 km/0.5 miles
- Downtown Nanjing 1.0 km/0.6 miles
- Chao Tian Temple 3.0 km/1.9 miles
- Confucius Temple/Qinhuai River of Night 6.0 km/3.7 miles
- Ming City Wall and Gates 10.0 km/6.2 miles
- Yangtse River Bridge Number 1 11.2 km/7.0 miles
- Ming Palace Ruins 12.0 km/7.5 miles
- Dr. Sun Yat Sen Classical Garden 12.0 km/7.5 miles
- Yangtse River Bridge Number 2 12.2 km/7.6 miles
- Ling Gu Temple 13.2 km/8.2 miles
- Nanjing Pedestrian Street 1.0 km/0.6 miles