The Westin Chongqing Liberation Square
A hilly city in southwestern mainland China, Chongqing is among the country’s top five national central cities, a designation given to an elite group of cities tasked with leading political, economic, and cultural development.
Our destination hotel is situated in the center of the action. In the downtown district, it is just a short walk from the People's Liberation Monument. Originally named the Monument for the Victory Over Axis Armies, the statue is a symbol for the city and marks its modern commercial center, as well as the largest pedestrian street in western China. Discover offices, restaurants, shops, and entertainment as you stroll the renowned sidewalk.
Beyond modern attractions, the over-3,000-year-old metropolis houses many storied sites, including Huguang Guild Hall, an ancient complex that today hosts theaters, shrines, and shops. Pick up characteristic handicrafts, and explore the Stilwell Museum or Red Cliff Village. Luohan Temple, a religious treasure built in 1064, is among the country's oldest Han Buddhist temples. It contains statues of Shakyamuni Buddha, jade statues from the Ming Dynasty, and more.
The 2,300-year-old Hongyadong Styled House offers an engaging encounter with the past. Refurbished and converted into a dining venue, it holds over 100 restaurants serving local specialties, like handmade Chongqing noodles. To energize after dinner, head to Deyi Bar Street, where discos mix with karaoke bars.
Retreat from the bustling streets to Northern Hot Spring Park. China’s premier garden park, it combines rolling hills, temples, woods, and gorges with ten medicinal hot springs. Additionally, the city’s main port, Chaotianmen, presents iconic vistas of the Three Gorges Dam and the opportunity to discover spectacular night views with a nocturnal river cruise. Down the Jialing River, Hong Ya Cave boasts a scenic waterfall and streets paved right into the mountainside.
View Local Area Map
Arts & Culture
- Chongqing Hongya Cave (Hongyadong) 1.8 km/1.1 miles
- Three Gorges Museum 6.3 km/3.9 miles
- Dazu Rock Carvings 114.3 km/71.0 miles
- 2nd People's Hospital 3.8 km/2.4 miles
- Chongqing Red Cross Hospital 8.5 km/5.3 miles
- Chongqing Technology and Business University 9.1 km/5.7 miles
- Chongqing Jiaotong University 9.5 km/5.9 miles
- The Royal Bank of Scotland 0.1 km/0.1 miles
- Siemens 0.1 km/0.1 miles
- IBM 0.1 km/0.1 miles
- BP 0.1 km/0.1 miles
- Oracle (China) Software System Co Ltd 0.1 km/0.1 miles
- Intel 0.1 km/0.1 miles
- Japanese Consulate 0.1 km/0.1 miles
- Canadian Consulate 0.1 km/0.1 miles
- Jiefangbei 0.4 km/0.3 miles
- Chaotianmen Square 2.1 km/1.3 miles
- South Mountain YiKeShu Platform 11.7 km/7.3 miles
- Ci Qi Kou (Porcelain Village) 17.3 km/10.8 miles