The Westin Xiamen
Overlooking the Taiwan Strait in Fujian Province, the coastal city of Xiamen, also known as Amoy, is one of China’s top holiday destinations. Ideally positioned and offering sprawling city views from a towering building, The Westin Xiamen is located in the city’s central business district. Xiamen Gaoqi International Airport (XMN) can be reached by car in 15 minutes.
Explore Xiamen’s rich cultural heritage and fascinating history. Visit “Piano Island,” the car-free island of Gulangyu, accessible via a 10-minute ferry ride, and take a leisurely stroll along its winding paths adorned with colonial architecture and gardens. A piano museum houses dozens of unique instruments, and the Gulangyu Piano Biennial Festival in August involves a series of recitals and concertos by pianists from around the world. Spiritual wellness awaits at Shuzhuang Garden. Divided into two parts—the Garden of Hiding the Sea and the Garden of Making-Up Hills—it is filled with beautiful pavilions, bridges, hills, and unexpected sea views. Elevate your senses with a bird’s-eye view of the city at Xiamen’s highest point, Sunlight Rock. Its rock path features inscriptions from famous poets dating up to 400 years ago, and the peak houses an impressive aviary with a range of local and international birds.
On Xiamen Island, serenity can be found at Nanputuo Temple, one of China’s oldest. Built during the Tang Dynasty, this beautiful Buddhist structure sits on a mountain overlooking the sea, and contains many fascinating cultural relics and artifacts. See the remains of Hulishan Fort, located on Island-Ring Road, and seek out its famous Krupp cannon. The Wanshi Botanical Garden is also intriguing. This tranquil respite features 29 floral gardens containing more than 5,000 species of tropical and subtropical plants.
Delight in Xiamen’s local treasures, including beaded embroidery, dried seafood, sweetheart cake, and lacquer engravings. Xiamen is also famous for its abundance of seafood called haixian, herbal dishes, Putuo vegetable dishes, and local snacks.
Voir la carte de la région
- Rocher de la lumière du soleil 8.0 km/5.0 miles
- Fort Hulishan 14.5 km/9.0 miles
Bureaux de l'administration publique
- Ambassade des Phillipines 2.0 km/1.2 miles
- Ambassade de Thaïlande 6.6 km/4.1 miles
- Ambassade de Singapour 7.0 km/4.3 miles
- ABB 3.7 km/2.3 miles
- Linda Xiamen Forklift Corp. Ltd. 5.4 km/3.4 miles
- Swire Coca-Cola Beverages Xiamen Ltd. 5.6 km/3.5 miles
- General Electric 7.0 km/4.3 miles
- 3M Corporation 7.0 km/4.3 miles
- Dell Computers 7.5 km/4.7 miles
- Honeywell 7.5 km/4.7 miles
- Maersk Logistics 8.0 km/5.0 miles
- Lenovo 9.0 km/5.6 miles
- Hôpital de Xiamen Jiangtou Zhongyi 3.0 km/1.9 miles
- Hôpital de Xiamen Zhongshan 4.6 km/2.9 miles
- Université de Xiamen 8.8 km/5.5 miles
- Temple de Nanputuo 10.0 km/6.2 miles
- Centre de conventions international de Xiamen 11.0 km/6.8 miles
- Ile de Gulangyu 8.0 km/5.0 miles
- Centre commercial SM 1.8 km/1.1 miles
- Coffee Street 4.0 km/2.5 miles
- Wanda Plaza 8.0 km/5.0 miles
- Gare ferroviaire 4.5 km/2.8 miles
- Port de Xiamen 8.0 km/5.0 miles
- Aéroport international de Xiamen Gaoqi (XMN) 9.6 km/6.0 miles