The Westin Singapore
Nicknamed the “Lion City” and just one degree from the equator, Singapore is an island city-state situated just off the southern tip of Southeast Asia’s Malay Peninsula. The Westin Singapore, meanwhile, is centrally located in the city’s financial district. Overlooking Marina Bay, we are steps from everything this buzzing multicultural city has to offer and just 20 minutes from Changi Airport (SIN).
For a panoramic bird’s eye view of Singapore’s incredible architecture, which blends 21st century high-rises with meticulously refurbished colonial buildings, take a trip on the world’s tallest observation wheel, the Singapore Flyer. Lasting 30 minutes, the ride propels 28 air-conditioned capsules 165 meters into the air. A characteristic 30-minute bumboat ride along the Singapore River is another way to enjoy the city’s landmarks, quays, bridges, and memorable vistas.
Just a quarter of a mile off the main island, Sentosa Island is home to Universal Studios Singapore®, Underwater World, Songs of the Sea, luge rides, cable cars, beaches, restaurants, bars, golf, and more. If you’re in need of a soothing respite from the action, take a stroll around the lush tropical rainforest, ginger garden, or tranquil orchid garden at the Singapore Botanic Gardens. For a sampling of the arts, visit the Art Stage Singapore, National Museum of Singapore, Asian Civilisations Museum, Peranakan Museum, or Singapore Art Museum—or catch a live performance at the Esplanade.
For another taste of the local culture, dig into the food. Eating is a national pastime in Singapore and savory options range from hawker centers to award-winning restaurants showcasing every cuisine under the sun. Additionally home to myriad bars, lounges, and casinos, the city offers entertainment for all moods and tastes. Spend an evening wandering around lively Chinatown or Little India’s colorful Serangoon Road. Close to the hotel, Marina Bay Sands Park, an engineering wonder, is home to the 200-meter-high masterpiece Sands Sky Park, upscale restaurants, deluxe lounges, and Marina Bay Sands Casino. A shopper’s haven, Singapore also has unrivaled malls and retail outlets. However, if you only have time for one shopping excursion, head to the famous Orchard Road.
View Local Area Map
Arts & Culture
- Esplanade – Theatres on the Bay 1.3 km/0.8 miles
- Allianz 0.0 km/0.0 miles
- Fidelity Investments 0.1 km/0.1 miles
- Marsh & McLennan 0.1 km/0.1 miles
- Google 0.1 km/0.1 miles
- Royal Bank of Canada 0.1 km/0.1 miles
- Citibank 0.1 km/0.1 miles
- Credit Suisse 0.3 km/0.2 miles
- UBS 0.3 km/0.2 miles
- Baker & Mckenzie 0.4 km/0.3 miles
- DBS Bank 0.4 km/0.3 miles
- Standard Chartered Bank 0.4 km/0.3 miles
- Barclays 0.4 km/0.3 miles
- Marina Bay Sands Golf Club 2.5 km/1.5 miles
- Asia Square 0.0 km/0.0 miles
- Marina Bay Sands Casino 0.9 km/0.6 miles
- Singapore Flyer 1.5 km/0.9 miles
- Chinatown 2.0 km/1.2 miles
- Sentosa Island 6.5 km/4.0 miles
- Esplanade Park 1.3 km/0.8 miles
- Orchard Road Shopping and Entertainment District 5.0 km/3.1 miles
- Downtown MRT Station 0.3 km/0.2 miles
- Marina Bay MRT Station 0.4 km/0.3 miles
- Singapore Changi Airport (SIN) 21.0 km/13.1 miles