The Westin Changsha Yuhua
Powered by Foursquare
Dating back 3,000 years, dynamic Changsha is Hunan Province’s capital, as well as its political, economic, and cultural center. The Westin Changsha Yuhua is conveniently located in Yuhua District on Furong (M) Road, just steps from offices and retail shops. Wuyi Square, the Changsha Economic Development Zone, the Changsha Longping Hi-Tech Park, the Changsha Hi-Tech Development Zone, and the Changsha Hongxing Exhibition Center are all just a short drive away. Changsha Huanghua International Airport (CSX) can be reached by car in approximately 30 minutes.
Browse the wide array of cultural relics—bronzeware, pottery, porcelain, calligraphy, and paintings—in the Hunan Provincial Museum. Just a 15-minute drive from our hotel, its highlight is a perfectly preserved 2,100-year-old body. Many of the museum’s artifacts were unearthed from the nearby Mawangdui Han Tombs, one of the city’s top attractions. Immerse in tranquility amid mountains at the centuries-old Buddhist monastery Kaifu Temple. Take an elevating walk or cable ride up to the top of Yuelu Mountain to soak in the views, temples, tombs, bird sanctuary, and ponds. The mountain is also home to one of the world’s oldest universities, Yuelu Academy, built in 976.
In addition to its numerous historical sites, relics, and religious structures, Changsha is known for its array of arts. Attend a performance at the Xiang Opera or Huagu Opera, or see fiddle ballads, shadow plays, and puppet shows. In addition to tea, Changsha is famous for its Xiang embroidery and chrysanthemum stone carvings.
Tantalize your palate with some local cuisine. Described as xiang cai, due to its proximity to the Xiang River, Changsha’s fare is classified as part of Hunan cuisine, one of China’s renowned eight cuisines. Often spicy, as seen in its famous Liuyang lobster sauce, its diverse dishes and snacks are made with a wide variety of local ingredients.
Visualizzare la Mappa dell’area locale
Suggerimenti sull'area locale a cura di Foursquare
Arte e Cultura
- Museo Hunan 7.0 km/4.3 miglia
- Tempio di Kaifu 8.0 km/5.0 miglia
- Changsha Hongxing Exhibition Center 5.0 km/3.1 miglia
- Yuelu Academy 12.0 km/7.5 miglia
- Strada pedonale Huangxing Road 3.0 km/1.9 miglia
- Piazza Changsha/Wuyi in centro 5.0 km/3.1 miglia
- Stazione ferroviaria ad alta velocità del sud di Changsha 8.0 km/5.0 miglia
- Aeroporto Internazionale di Changsha Huanghua (CSX) 24.0 km/14.9 miglia
- Parco Hi-Tech Longping di Changsha 10.0 km/6.2 miglia
- Area di sviluppo economico di Changsha 12.0 km/7.5 miglia