The Westin Tashee Resort, Taoyuan
Situated in northwest Taiwan amid verdant hills and forests, Taoyuan County sits at the edge of the greater Taipei area. The Westin Tashee Resort, Taoyuan is conveniently located in Daxi on Rixin Road. Taiwan Taoyuan International Airport (TPE) is a 40-minute drive away, Taipei Songshan Airport (TSA) is 50 minutes away, and the Taoyuan Railway Station can be reached by car in 20 minutes.
Walk along the transparent skywalk at Xiao Wulai Scenic Area, and marvel at the three-tier waterfall, redwood forest, and panoramic views from the observation deck. Find spiritual wellness in an ancient cypress forest at Mount LaLa. Elevate your senses and sample delightful fish at the Shihmen Reservoir. The rich red and golden maple leaves are especially beautiful in season (November through January). Highlighted by a magnificent temple in its center, Longtan Pond is equally enriching day or night. Just 20 minutes from the hotel is the serene Cihu Mausoleum, the final resting place of the former president of Taiwan, Chiang Kai-Shek.
Play a stimulating round of golf at Ta Shee Golf & Country Club. Redesigned by Robert Trent Jones II, the 27-hole championship course is located next to the hotel. Delight in the rides, water park, and dozens of miniature models of famous buildings from around the world at Windows on China. The theme park is only 40 minutes by car from the hotel, the theme park is fun for the entire family.
Peruse the wonderful traditional architecture and shops on Daxi Old Street. Once a hub for camphor and tea trade, this famous street also offers a wide array of Daxi specialties, including bean curd dishes and peanut caramel candy. More entertainment can be found in Taiwan’s celebrated night markets. Featuring stalls selling all kinds of goods, and an impressive array of Taiwanese snacks, both the Taoyuan Tourist Night Market and the Jhongli Xinming Night Market are not to be missed.
View Local Area Map
Arts & Culture
- Republic of Chocolate 14.0 km/8.7 miles
- New Taipei City Yingge Ceramics Museum 14.0 km/8.7 miles
- Daxi Old Street 6.4 km/4.0 miles
- Cihu Mausoleum 13.0 km/8.1 miles
- Sanxia Old Street 16.0 km/9.9 miles
- Shihmen Reservoir 16.0 km/9.9 miles
- Xiao Wulai Scenic Area 31.0 km/19.3 miles
- Lala Mountain 66.0 km/41.0 miles
- Man Yue Yuan National Forest Recreation Area 23.0 km/14.3 miles
- Window on China Theme Park 23.0 km/14.3 miles
- Dongyanshan National Forest Recreation Area 27.0 km/16.8 miles
- Taoyuan Railway Station 20.0 km/12.4 miles
- Taiwan Taoyuan International Airport (TPE) 36.0 km/22.4 miles
- Taipei Songshan Airport 45.0 km/28.0 miles